Ch 271: To Snatch God's Man

Matterhorn unmasks the two corpses one after another. He looks at the badge of the snow mountain on their chests and then turns to everyone, "They are indeed from the border guards."

"Border guards?" The Silverash brow's frown.

Although Vector's gunshots were not deafening, they were enough for everyone in the Silverash household to hear them. At first, they thought it was nothing. So, when Lin Ye just dragged the two bodies together back, the three Silverash siblings, Matterhorn, Sussurro, and Silverash's several guards of the house all appeared on the scene.

The gunshots also attracted the attention of many bystanders. The guards asked the civilians who wanted to watch to leave as the command from the saintess. In the territory of Kjerag, the command of the Saintess is absolute. She told them to leave and they obliged. Only the people from Rhodes Island and Silverash's family are left on the scene.

"Border guards?" Lin Ye looks at Silverash and asks, "Are they yours?"

"Do you think it is possible?" he says lightly, "Why would I send someone to attack you?"

Lin Ye looks at him suspiciously because he had all the reasons to attack her.

Matterhorn says, "Master has not yet been able to fully control the border troops. And these two men most likely sneaked out.

He opens the mouth of one of the corpses, "Look, his teeth are all black."

Lin Ye hasn't noticed this yet. He leans down and looks at the corpse's mouth carefully and finds that there is a layer of black viscous liquid on his teeth. When he gets closer, he can smell a bitter almond odour.

"What is this?" Lin Ye asks Matterhorn.

"Most likely poison, to evade capture and interrogation"

"Poison?" Lin Ye is a little puzzled, "Didn't I kill him?"

Matterhorn shakes his head and says, "The other one was killed by you, and this one was not. He was seriously injured and realized that he could not escape, so he quickly bit the poison in his mouth."

".... This was your border guard?"

"The elite of the border guard," Matterhorn says.

"But they don't seem to have even seen a gun before," Lin Ye comments.

"When I shot at them, they didn't know how to react," Matterhorn smiled bitterly and responded, "It's not their fault for this. Even the elite of the border guards. Under normal circumstances, they will never have the opportunity to contact the outside world in their lifetime. To be honest, the first time I saw a gun was when I arrived on Rhodes Island. Needless to say, the moment you brought out that gun, the battle was over. "

Lin Ye was speechless.

"You seem to be disappointed that I was not able to kill the two of them."

Although Matterhorn knew that Lin Ye was a joke, he still seriously explained.

"No, of course not. I'm just sorry that the elite members of the border troops died in this way. After the Tribal Council, the border troops will be in Masters command."

"Is that so..."

"Yes." Matterhorn nods, and then he is a little confused, "The question is, why did they attack you?"

"I believe their target wasn't me per se," Lin Ye sighs and points to the tent not far away, "It must be her. They were more focused on her than me."

Cliffheart is very surprised, "Is the spy that my brother mentioned? But why were border guards ordered to kill a member of the Aiben family? It doesn't make sense..." She says while secretly looking at Silverash.

He also noticed the little girl's gaze, and sighs softly, "Encia, ​​do you doubt me?"

"No." she shakes her head, "How can I doubt my brother?"

Silverash still has a good relationship with the little girl. In contrast with Pramanix, Cliffheart is a better sister to him. It seems like Cliffheart is having a hard time understanding, so he explained.

"I have no power to mobilize border troops, let alone such elite personnel. Moreover, I knew that the girl was sent by the Aiben family and kicked out of the house. Why would I bother assassinating her in such a way?"

She thought for a while, and felt that he made sense and couldn't help but wonder, "Who would it be..."

Now even Pramanix can't stand it. She says, "The biggest possibility is the Aiben family, which is Galvin Aiben."

"But wasn't she driven out by the Aiben family?" Cliffheart asks, "If the Aiben family wants to kill her, couldn't they do it while she was still there, why send her out and then kill her? It feels too convoluted."

"That's the question."

"Yes," Lin Ye nodded and replied, "I don't think she knows much about the family. Let's talk about it. She had no idea that they would send someone to kill her"

"You care about her," Cliffheart says with a smile.

"Of course, I do." Lin Ye responded with a smile, "After all, I tried to be a good doctor."

At this time, Lappland walks slowly to him and listens in.

She interrupts and says, "Pfft, Excellent Doctor? You're still and will always be a quack doctor."

Lin Ye let out a sigh of irritation.

Lin Ye turns his head to face the annoying lupo, only to find Silverash stepping in front of him.

"Huh? What?"

Silverash looks into Lin Ye's eyes, and slowly asks, "You said you dealt with the two by yourself?"

"I guess? What's going on?" Lin Ye raises his brow.

"Impressive." he nods and says, "I remember your name, Lin Ye correct? I want to humbly hire your services for the Silverash family."

Lin Ye is startled. Everyone stared in shock at the sudden invitation.

Lappland lets out a laugh

"Heh, You sure are a bold man, to snatch even God's man."

Silverash's neck nearly snapped from the speed with which he turned towards Lappland.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit buy Jaq