Ch 319: The Cave

Ten minutes later, they all arrived at the cave that Magallan had shown them.

"Is this the suspicious cave you found?" Matoimaru tried to take a look into the cave entrance that was only just her height and said, "I can barely fit inside. What could be in it?"

"I've already had checked it with my drones," Magallan replied, "My drone flew in it for about 20 meters without seeing the bottom. However, the terrain inside is more complicated. I am afraid that my drones will have problems navigating inside. So, I didn't let them go deeper."

"You haven't seen the bottom twenty meters in?" Matoimaru said with a surprised tone, "That's really deep. Where does it lead?"

"I don't know. But the air quality inside is not bad. In other words, there's air circulating inside it," Magallan said, "Then there's a high probability of finding an entrance out on the other side of the island."

"Is that so? That seems quite interesting," Matoimaru moved her hands and feet. Then she adjusted the position of her searchlight on her helmet, "Let me explore the way, or what about waiting for me outside? Let me go in alone."

"Better not," Blue Poison said, "If Miss Skadi also had troubles here, you might not come out if you go alone. It is safer to go in together. Miss Magallan let your drones fly in the forefront. In case of an emergency, we will also have time to react."

Magallan nodded, "Got it. I think so too".

Blue Poison was the only one who has experience in fighting against large creatures, so everyone was willing to listen to her words. After the discussion, Magallan's two drones flew into the cave first, Matoimaru following behind them. After that, the formation changed a little bit. Blue Poison was no longer behind but followed right behind Matoimaru, followed by Magallan, Lin Ye, and Frostleaf at the end.

As Magallan said, the space in the cave was not spacious. The cave was more like a tunnel that was too narrow, such that they had to walk in single file. This kind of tunnel was also the most dangerous. Once something happens, there was next to nothing that anyone could do.

But there was no other way to go. Since they had already come here, no matter how uneasy they felt, they could only bite the bullet and go in. The group's searchlights and the searchlights of the drones instantly illuminated the dark and narrow cave.

"This place is too hard to move in," Matoimaru complained.

"It's okay, I'm right behind you" Blue Poison replied, "I'll ready an arrow. Just in case."

"I have heard of your name," Matoimaru expressed her concerns, "I'm dead if I got hit by one of your arrows, right?"

"It's not that exaggerated," Blue Poison said helplessly "I have the antidote if something like that happens."

"Oh, that's a relief" Matoimaru's attitude was still carefree. If she said that she was relieved, she was relieved.

Because the cave was too small, several echoes happened whenever anyone of them spoke. It sounded very troublesome. So, after saying a few words, the people in front stopped talking, and the cave fell silent for an instant. It was so quiet that Lin Ye could even hear the music on Frostleaf's headphones. He also heard the sound of running water somewhere nearby.

Wait... The sound of running water?

Lin Ye was stunned.

He immediately stopped Magallan that was in front of him. Blue Poison, who was walking in front stopped too.

"Do you hear the sound of water?" Lin Ye asked.

"I have already seen it," Magallan said, "No, it's my drones that have seen it, and it's about...100 meters away from us."