Ch 267: Because I Am A Doctor

Lin Ye was surprised when this girl named Irene simply admitted being a member of a family that are mortal enemies to the Silverash. Was she ordered here? This is nothing like Lin Ye could have imagined. He had assumed that she would at least lie a little or claim that she was unaware of them.

Lin Ye would not even consider threatening her to confess if she was a spy. He can't imagine her being a vicious nemesis right now, given how wounded and pitiful she is. He could just take out his catnips and try to bribe her into confessing if he really wanted to. It's better than threatening her, even if it sounds stupid.

Irene's response does not surprise Pramanix.

So Pramanix asks her, "Then how did you become like this?"

Irene lowers her head once more. Instead of refusing to respond, she continues to scribble on the paper. Because of her injuries, she is writing at a slightly slower pace.

"This is the master's punishment for me," she says as she shows the group her writing. Then she displays another sentence, "Master threw me out of the Aiben house."

Pramanix raises her eyebrows, "Why did you get kicked out?"

Irene bits her lower lip and then shakes her head. She didn't write.

Cliffheart can't help but asks, "Why can't you say it? Was your master... Galvin Aiben? He is not here. Just talk, you do not need to worry. Is there nothing to say about him?"

Irene lowers her head again and scribbles. This time there are only five simple words on the paper.

"I have to be loyal to the master".

Pramanix asks, "Even if he hurt you like this and drove you out again, are you still loyal to him?"

Irene nods.

"Then do you know who I am?", Irene nods.

The saintess asks again, "Then you should also know that no one can lie to me in Kjerag.", Pramanix lifts her bell so that Irene can see it.

Irene lowers her head again and scribbles on the paper.

Everyone thought Pramanix had been successful in convincing her. However, before they could be happy, Irene lifts up her paper with a sentence on it.

"I am not from Karlan. I don't believe in God."

"Heh."

Seeing the change in Pramanix's expression, Lin Ye almost laughs out loud. Pramanix heard him and immediately glares at him fiercely.

"Even if that's true, you can still do it." Pramanix tries her hardest to maintain the patience of a saintess and soon comes up with a solution. "So, you just met this person? Silverash's patriarch. I know you're aware. "Then you should know that he does not welcome you to stay here for treatment if you were awake at the time and must have heard the conversation between me and him." Pramanix looks at Irene's eyes, " You're about to be ejected. So, if you don't tell me what Galvin Aiben's purpose is, I won't let you stay here any longer. You must think clearly. If you decide to leave this house. How long will you live if you go to Kjerag in your current condition?"

Irene is silent.

Lin Ye, who is in the audience, can't help but admire Pramanix. He initially assumed Pramanix wanted to keep Irene here because of her internal opposition to her brother, Silverash. She will definitely object to it as long as he wanted to do it. Lin Ye, on the other hand, was mistaken about both of these siblings. Pramanix was aware that Irene was awake, but she was still having a heated argument with Silverash. Her goal is not the same as her brother Silverash's. Silverash wants to drive Irene away while also learning more from her. So, she first pretended to be a saintess in order to obtain information from her. When that didn't work, she used her brother's position against Irene.

Now Irene has two choices, the bad one, Silverash, and the good on, her. Her chance of getting an answer from Irene is greatly increasing now.

Lin Ye admires Pramanix, the seemingly cute saintess has her own dark side.

But now a new question pops up. Since Pramanix realizes that Irene had been awake, did Silverash also notice it too?

Lin Ye didn't know if all this was his own brain overthinking.

Next, let's see how Irene reacts.

Lin Ye pretends to be unaware of anything, watching Irene silently.

This time Irene is silent longer than before. Then she lowers her head again, and after writing "Thank you for your hospitality" on the paper, she hands the paper to Pramanix. Then she stands up from the bed.

Pramanix looks at her in surprise, "You are leaving?", Irene nods.

"The Aiben family won't let you back. "Pramanix frowns, "Regardless of whether or not Galvin Aiben asks you to come here to spy on us. He doesn't want you anymore"

Irene smiles.

This is the first time Lin Ye sees her smile. Although Irene had smiled at him a few days ago, she didn't leave much impression on Lin Ye, probably because it was too fake.

Then, Irene opens her mouth. She couldn't make clear syllables. Her lips open and close her mouth several times. Then she drags her bruised body and walks outside the house.

Lin Ye looks at Pramanix, "What did she say?"

Pramanix looks at Irene as she left and sighs softly, "She said that the master has raised me for many years, and I can't betray him, even if he doesn't want me anymore."

Lin Ye suddenly felt very uncomfortable.

"You got all that from just looking at her mouth?"

Pramanix nods, "Yes."

"... she feels so pitiful." Cliffheart asks, "Onee-chan, is she really a bad person? Is she a spy sent by the Aiben family?"

Pramanix says, "Although I believe it is possible, even if only slightly. We have no way of knowing if she is lying to us. If the Aiben family sent her to us, her first task should be to stay with us. Not leaving after having paid such a high price,"

"And what does it mean?"

"Whether or not she was sent by the Aiben family. Since those who seek information have been treated in this manner, whether the mission is successful or not, their future lives will be ruined in either case ", and Pramanix murmurs softly, "Sarkaz's medical skills, as Sussurro previously stated, are the only thing that can completely heal her injury. Kjerag, on the other hand, cannot have Sarkaz, and I doubt Galvin Aiben would be very generous to her."

"Then why did we let her go? With her current state, Onee-chan, if the Aiben family does not want her, she will not survive. She's..."

"I said it's impossible.", Pramanix glances at Cliffheart, and says softly, "The Tribal Council meeting is held three days from now. Silverash needs to be focused on this meeting. This is very important to make sure this family survives."

Cliffheart looks at her in a daze. If she didn't hear it with her own ears, Cliffheart thought that what she said just now was made by Silverash. Pramanix seems to see through what Cliffhaert was thinking and says softly,

"I don't like that man, but that doesn't mean I don't agree with his approach."

Cliffheart suddenly has nothing to say.

However, Lin Ye, who heard everything from the beginning to the end from the side, finally stands up and pats Cliffheart's shoulder, "Just leave it to me. "

Both if the sister looks at him in surprise.

"If Silverash refuses to let Irene stay here...", Lin Ye responds, "I'll go outside and take care of her for a few days." I'll be there for her until the end of the three days, and I'll take her back to Rhodes Island, any objections?"

"You can do that, but why?"

Lin Ye shrugs nonchalantly

"Because I am a Doctor."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq