Ch 225: A Lost Eagle

The next evening, they are on a quite bumpy road on the mountain all day. Finally, they arrived at their destination on this trip. The winter wonderland.

Kjerag.

Through the car window, Lin Ye sees this city in the snow for the first time in the sunset. As the sun sets, the sunset glow dyes the snow-covered land of Kjerag in pale gold. The people of Kjerag are looking at their exotic-looking vehicle with curiosity.

He doesn't know if it's because of altitude sickness or the sun, their faces also have the colour of sunset, which looks strangely beautiful for him.

Lapland, who had slept for another whole day, can't wait to roll out from the car window, and shouts into the street "Oh~! The air here feels so nice! Hey, Quack Doctor! Come on, feel the air!"

Everyone on the street looks at her, she goes laughing oblivious of the stare that she gets, sitting on the car window to greet everyone, her tail wagging more joyously.

Seeing that Lin Ye can't help but sighs at how she is acting. But at the same time, he is still observing the reactions of the resident on the street.

According to Ansel, they don't like foreigners that much here. Therefore, he must be very careful when selecting candidates for the trip here, and he must not let people feel uncomfortable with them.

So Lappland, whose ancestors were born in the snow, was selected by him.

Then Lin Ye notice something. When Lapland greets the people on the street, they did not respond but there is not much disgust on their face. Instead, they were more curious and exchanged eyes with each other.

Probably because there are no Lupo in Kjerag.

At this time, Lin Ye is thinking, if he also wants to he can just let Lappland lose and see how they would react.

I think that could make anyone uncomfortable... He

sighs.

"Actually, I don't know what Amiya and the others told you." At this moment, Matterhorn who drove slowly, says, "The former Kjerag was indeed a closed country, and Kjerag's citizens rejected foreigners. The feeling is also very heavy, but after the master established the Karlan Trade and returned here, the Kjerag people will also see outsiders from time to time. Slowly they get used to it, although they are not welcoming, it is not the same as before.". Lin Ye nods

He became more and more curious about the president of Karlan Trade, that is, the brother of Pramanix and Cliffheart.

However, he also noticed that after entering the territory of Kjerag, the expression on both of the sisters significantly more complicated. She had been looking at Kjerag's streets through the car window, and there seemed to be joy, loss and hurt in her eyes. A variety of complex emotions. Cliffheart watches her sister carefully and did not speak at all. This atmosphere also slightly reduced the excitement in Lin Ye's heart.

He vaguely felt that this trip to Kjerag might not be as easy as Amiya and Ansel said before.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

After some time, Matterhorn drove the car to a luxury house halfway up the mountain. After passing the certification of the house guard, he drove the car into the house.

Sussurro looks up in awe and Lin Ye can't help but nod understandingly.

Damn rich people.

"This is the old house of the Sliverash family." Matterhorn stops the car and says, "It was just an old-looking house before, but the master brought back its glory after he came back."

What old house?! That mansion goddammit! Lin Ye silently screams to himself.

"Well, please get off it. Mistress, Young Miss." Everyone gets out of the car and then sees an old man with a rickety figure walking out of the villa in the house and running straight to their side.

He had feathery green hair just like Ptilopsis's hair looks like, but they seem much older than her. He is wearing a suit that Lin Ye dubs as a normal butler outfit. He seems to be slightly hunched.

He then welcomes them with an old smile, something like a grandfather would give to his grandchild.

"Mistress, Young Miss, you are finally willing to come back home!" The old man ran over and bows towards Pramanix and Cliffheart. He seems very happy to see them, "Master will be happy seeing you both here." Pramanix slightly lower her head and didn't speak. Cliffheart smiles happily, and says to the old man "It's been a long time, Old man Green, where's Onii-chan?"

"Master went outside to receive some goods." Green says, "He just left yesterday, and won't be back by tomorrow." Matterhorn frowns immediately "Receive goods? Why did he go out to receive the goods?"

When asked by Matterhorn, Green is stunned: "This...is the job of the master."

"Isn't the master sick?" Matterhorn says, "Why go out to work when he is sick?

"Master is sick?" Green is even more confused. "When did the master fall ill? Why don't I know of this?"

With this, the expressions of Matterhorn, Pramanix, and Cliffheart have all changed.

Matterhorn says immediately: "It's not you who gave us a strange letter. Saying that the master is sick?"

"When did I give you a letter.?" Green getting even more confused by the second.

"Just a week ago, a grey eagle gave it to us." Matterhorn said, "I recognize it, that was your Grey Eagle, Jackie, right?"

Green bows and looks even more humble." Jackie went missing a long time ago. I believe that he dies when he was flying in the sky."

"He went missing?" Matterhorn says in disbelief. "But what I saw before was obviously your eagle."

"Did you bring him back?" Green asks hopefully.

"No, I replied to the letter and let it go." Matterhorn shakes his head and his expression became heavy.

"So, it's not that the master is seriously ill, but someone used the master's fake illness as an excuse to bring the eldest and the second young lady back to Kjerag from Rhodes Island."

The corner of Lin Ye's mouth twitches. Well, it really wasn't a simple mission. Take that Ansel! I'm that unlucky!... Isn't that too sad to say to yourself?

Pramanix and Cliffheart's expressions have also changed.

"Using lies about Brother to bring us back here?" Cliffheart looks at Matterhorn

"Who would do this?! Why did they do this?!"

Matterhorn shakes his head again, and says in a deep voice, " The current situation is not very clear with how I was away within both of you. But no matter, you still have to notify the master as soon as possible. Calling the two young ladies back specifically is definitely not a mere prank."

Green nods repeatedly,

"Well, go ahead." Matterhorn nods.

Then, thinking of something, he turns to look at Lin Ye. His eyes are full of guilty, " I apologize, Dr. Lin, it seems like we dragged you into a troublesome thing."

Inside the car, Lappland leans out from the window: "Is it all over already? Can I go out for a stroll now?"

Lin Ye turns his head and glares at her: "Where were you. Didn't hear anything?"

"Nope."

This girl!

"It's okay." Matterhorn waves his hand, "It's okay to go out and relax after a day in the car. Even if there is someone who wants to target the master, it is absolutely impossible. Here, this is the master domain after all."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Jaq

Edit by Jaq