Ch 321: Is That Skadi?

When the light of Sanctuary illuminated the dark lake, everyone stopped breathing.

Carrion, corpses, and the dark green "river water". The disgusting picture in front of them came out of nowhere. He didn't know if it was an illusion, but their sense of smell had apparently returned to normal, as the sudden stench of rotting flesh hit them. Everyone's facial expressions after witnessing the reality around them was anything but good.

Magallan couldn't bear it at first. She realized this and immediately covered her mouth and nose with her hands. Her eyes turned tearful. She didn't know whether she was more horrified by the gruesome situation before or after, as she seemed to be about to puke but tried to suppress it.

Lin Ye thought it was the latter because right now he was the closest to the "river water". He was hit by the full brunt of the stench on contact. If it were not for his two years of being a vet in Chernoborg, not adding in his past life, he probably would have vomited right now.

Although everyone else's face showed they were not enjoying this, they were obviously doing much better than Magallan. Their reactions as well were much more tolerant than both Lin Ye's and Magallan's.

Matoimaru took a few steps back, her tone full of disbelief "This...What's going on?"

"How did I miss this?" Frostleaf narrowed her eyes and tried to make a guess. However she felt that it was not quite right. She shook her head "No, that should be impossible."

"Indeed, it is not possible. I don't know how to explain it. I've never encountered such a thing" Matoimaru turned her head and looked at Magallan, "What's happening? Wait... Didn't your drones already take pictures before we came here? Didn't you find anything unusual?"

"That's exactly what I was about to say before we got interrupted. Look."

Magallan's current expression was very hard to read compared to her short lived shocked one. She presented her microcomputer that controlled her drones for everyone to look at. It revealed the same "normal" underground river. There were no carrion and bones in the river water. There were still many flies and insects in the pictures but nothing unusual.

"When did you take this? A few minutes ago?" Matoimaru asked.

"... Just now" Magallan whispered.

"What?" Matoimaru didn't know how to react, while Frostleaf frowned ever so slightly.

Magallan's finger tapped the screen twice to adjust the time shown when the photos were taken. Then everyone glimpsed that the photo was taken just a few seconds ago. Everyone was speechless.

"I don't know why this happened," Magallan said softly, "I've never encountered such a bizarre situation before. I checked the previous photos and videos, and also rewatched them. When the drones found the underground river, it was nothing like this".

"But how is that possible?" Matoimaru asked.

"I just took another photo but it still looks the same as the previous ones. But looking at the place in person... it's completely different" Magallan's expression was complicated, "If it weren't for the fact that I'm seeing all this with my own eyes, I would have suspected that my computer was hacked."

Frostleaf slowly put down her headphones and she murmured "What is going on here?"

Lin Ye looked at Blue Poison, the person who had the most authority in the group.

She softly sighed, "We were hypnotized."

"Hypnotized?" Lin Ye asked.

"Well, although I don't know when it started, we were indeed hypnotized", Blue Poison looked at the amulet in Lin Ye's hand and slowly said "It's a very powerful hypnotic technique. Otherwise Doctor Lin Ye's amulet would not have responded. After the amulet took effect, the spell stopped working on us".