Ch 300: Which One Are You?

In Kal'tsit's office, Lin Ye was looking at his own reflection in the mirror. He was completely covered from head to toe in a black coat while his head was covered by a hood. It was difficult to speak in it as his face was covered as well, only his eyes were visible.

Kal'tsit who was observing him from beside thoughtfully said. "It's about the same, but you look a little bit thinner. I can explain to them later."

"Explain what?" Lin Ye pulls down his hood and looks at her, "Who am I trying to pretend to be?"

Kal'tsit says lightly, "Didn't you already guess it? I thought it would be obvious."

Lin Ye thought for a while and then realized it. He whispers softly, "The Doctor. Why?"

"I know you have a lot of questions." Kal'tsit steps forward and wipes the dust off Lin Ye's clothes. "To put it simply, I need someone to pose as The Doctor for an important meeting. Are the clothes too tight? It hasn't been used for so long."

"It's not tight, but... Wait, you haven't told me what you want me to do yet though?"

"A video conference," Kal'tsit says, "Regarding an important cooperation project, the partners asked the Doctor to attend in person. But he is not present right now, and the video conference will start in half an hour... Do you understand now?"

Kal'tsit's explanation has always been concise and clear. She used scarce words and made it clear to understand. Anyone would understand what she wanted to say.

But this is Lin Ye, so he still has some questions, "But why me? I have never seen the Doctor myself."

"Because you look the most similar to him," Kal'tsit said, "Height, body shape, gender. You're like a carbon copy of him."

I can understand heights and body shape, but what the hell do you mean by the same gender? Is that really important?

"Listen, Dr. Lin Ye." Kal'tsit pulled him out of his thoughts.

"I know this is too sudden, I agree that we're rushing things. But that's just how important this partnership is. They don't want Rhodes Island to join in this project. That's why I proposed to hold a video conference urgently, but we can't do it without The Doctor's presence.

"If it's that important then I understand," Lin Ye nodded, "But according to your statement, do these people know that the Doctor is not on the island? And are you sure this would work?" Lin Ye was unsure.

"Well, most of these people do not know this but that guy rarely stays on the island and even if he is, he would rarely be seen. Which is why this plan is feasible."

Kal'tsit checked the time and spoke,

"Dr. Lin Ye, the meeting will begin in another 20 minutes. You do not have to worry about being seen through. The Doctor rarely speaks anyways so let me do all the talking."

With how Kal'tsit is right now, Lin Ye thinks that Kal'tsit may be the most aggressive woman he's ever seen, and that's saying something, given his experience.

The video conference should start at 7 o'clock in the evening, and she got the news at 6:20. Then she had to plan a countermeasure within 40 minutes.

She pulled out the doctor's uniform, found Lin Ye, and went to Lin Ye as fast as she could. Explain clearly the situation to him and finally, at 6:55, Lin Ye is now glued onto an office chair in a meeting hall of some sort.

What a woman. Whoever marries her is a lucky bastard, I say.

"Calm down, don't be nervous.", Kal'tsit snaps him out of his thoughts, "You have to remember, from now on to the end of the video conference, you are the Doctor and a top executive of Rhodes Island."

Lin Ye took a deep breath and sighed before nodding

"I understand."

"Good."

Kal'tsit let out a small smile and turns on the communicator, "Starting early can prove that we, Rhodes Island are full of confidence." Kal'tsit briefly said.

Lin Ye wanted to question the logic behind that statement, but that wasn't possible now since the video meeting had already started ahead of schedule and Lin Ye had to get in character.

A huge picture is projected on the blank wall by a projector.

In the image, Lin Ye sees the faces of four people, three men, and a woman. One man, Lin Ye, has already seen before. It was Lungmen's leader, Wei Yenwu.

"Huh? It started ahead of schedule.", Wei Yenwu was a little surprised at first, and then smiled, "It seems that everyone is interested in this cooperation. Oh, Dr. Ian, you are here too. I was hoping you'd come."

According to Kal'tsit, the Doctor has always been a quiet person. The partners also must know about that too. So, he doesn't need to speak at all. Just nod or shake his head if necessary.

"Well, now that everyone is in their position, let's start the meeting."

The person who spoke was one of the three men. He has white hair and bear ears on his head, though one of the two ears was gone. He was dressed in a formal military officer's uniform that was adorned with many medals. It seems like he's a high-ranking officer of the Ursus Military.

Rhodes Island is still cooperating with the Ursus military. Surprising, Lin Ye thought secretly.

"Dr. Ian." a beautiful blonde Feline woman called out to him.

Kal'tsit's brows creased at this. Just as she was about to speak, the blonde feline raised her hand up to stop her.

"Miss Kal'tsit. I know you're Dr, Ian's partner. But I just want to talk to him. I don't need you to replace him, right? I hope you can understand that."

"Miss Mansha. What do you need to say? It's time for work right now." Kal'tsit said coldly.

"Don't be so unkind Miss Kal'tsit. I just need him to answer some questions."

"For example?"

"For example," Mansha laughed.

Then she narrows her eyes at Lin Ye, "One night, three years ago, in Victoria. Dr. Ian, you were in my room that night. Do you remember?"

Three years ago?! Victoria?! In her room? Woman, I have standards thank you very much!

Lin Ye glanced at Kal'tsit and saw that her expression was not looking pretty.

After a few tense seconds, Kal'tsit spoke on his behalf, "Miss Mansha, I think it's not a good time to have a chat now. Especially regarding this kind of topic."

"Oh? Doctor Kal'tsit, what kind of topic is this topic? I know your Doctor Ian," Mansha looked at Lin Ye and smiled even brighter.

"Doctor Ian, you wouldn't have forgotten me, would you? After all, we had a great night that night."

It's over. Did she already see that I was a fake? How did she see it? I was dressed like this. It's not right, it's impossible for her to see through this disguise, it must be just a test at best. So how do I deal with her?

Lin Ye is thinking desperately in his mind.

Kal'tsit also found this situation difficult, she didn't expect Mansha to attack them so directly. Even worse is that his harlot is using her gender as a weapon. Had she been a man, bringing up this kind of topic would've been taboo.

Oh, the double standards of society...

Just as she was thinking about how to recover, she suddenly heard Lin Ye speak in a hoarse voice.

"Sorry, Miss. I visited many women during my trip there 3 years ago and I cannot remember which one you were. Please, do tell me, are you Anya or Encia?"

His words made Mansha's smile disappear little by little.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Werk

Edit by Jaq