Ch 310: Rhine Lab's Gifts

Last time, Lin Ye had learned from Jessica, that in Terra, there were two types of bullets that were made by the Angels. One was a more common general ammunition, and the other was a special arts ammunition made from Originium. Needless to say, both of them had their own pros and cons. The price for the Art bullet was several times higher than the general use one. Even the richer people, such as Jessica only had a box of them. She didn't ever use them, as they were more of a collector's item for her.

Therefore, it is understandable that when Lin Ye saw the number of Arts bullets in the box, he almost fell in love with Swire. When he first saw the box, his first thoughts were that if he were to sell the box, would he never have to worry about food and clothing in his life anymore?

Of course, these thoughts only lasted a few seconds before he pushed them aside.

He was not a fool. After all, knowing that in this world, weapons were more important than money. Just like what the angel said, the weapons of the angels were definitely not something you could buy with money.

It must have taken Swire a lot of effort and resources to find and send him Vector alongside the extra bullets. Otherwise, all this would have been sent to him when he had first gotten vector.

Swire... I really owe a big favour. You almost made me fall in love with you.

At this time, Ptilopsis came over and took a look into the box, showing a surprised expression when she saw what was inside "It turned out to be the Arts bullets."

Ptilopsis nodded "Operator Ptilopsis knows everything now."

"...Why do I feel like this is a bad thing for you to say," Lin Ye looked at her suspiciously.

Ptilopsis tilted her head, "Doctor Lin, did you buy this box of Arts bullets?".

Lin Ye originally wanted to deny the sudden claim that he had purchased the bullets with his own money but knew that he needed to keep his relationship with Swire a secret from her. After all, Ptilopsis liked to spread a lot of rumours about him.

So, he sneakily hid the note from her. Then he coughed slightly, trying to put on a facade of confidence.

"Yes, what's the matter?".

"Is Doctor Lin so rich?".

Lin Ye showed a stiff smile "It's nothing like that".

"That being the case, can you lend Operator Ptilopsis a few million LMD?" She showed a serious expression and said, "I do not need too many millions just a few".

Lin Ye almost knocked her head.

"How could I willingly do that?"

"Doctor Lin, you are so stingy," Ptilopsis spread her hands over the box, "From my calculations, that amount is insignificant compared to this."

"Do you really think that I am that generous?" Lin Ye asked curiously.

"It's not your money anyway".

"Is that so?" Lin Ye raised his eyebrows.

"The eldest daughter of the Lungmen Swire family bought this," She then raised her finger to her head, "This is Operator Ptilopsis memory bank".

Lin Ye looked at her "How do you know? Did you read the note?"

She nodded without hesitating for a second "Yes".

"If you already know why to ask?" Lin Ye sighed helplessly, "It really is a bother to talk with you".

She seriously said to him "She wanted to test Dr. Lin. Operator Ptilopsis wanted to see how honest Doctor Lin truly is. Now-".