Ch 334: Drones

The rain was steadily growing heavier and heavier with each passing minute. The wind roared as if it threatened to overturn the entire world. The churning of the sea only added to the chaotic scene outside.

The inside of the tent though felt like a completely separate world. With an atmosphere so thick that people inside seemed to have some trouble breathing, oblivious to what was happening on the other side of the tent's walls.

Matoimaru had already taken the soldier's body and laid it flat on the ground. After twisting his neck back to its proper place, she closed his eyes and she had started reciting a prayer in her language.

Although Lin Ye didn't understand anything that she was saying, he was certain that it was something along the lines of "Rest in Peace".

Skyfire was crouching down next to the corpse, inspecting the mud on the soldier's trouser legs, "He should have come from somewhere muddy."

Magallan glances towards Skyfire, "In other words, in the time between his disappearance and his appearance, he left the tent?"

"Yes," Skyfire nods, "Doctor Lin Ye said it himself, right? His time of death was an hour ago, which doesn't fit in with the time that everyone else disappeared. In other words, he was already dead, before people started disappearing. "

"If he was already dead, then what exactly did we see in the camera just now?" Magallan asks nervously.

"It's his corpse," Lin Ye's expression is a bit complicated, "Think about it carefully. By the time he arrived, it's hard to say that he was still alive. At that time, he was already dead, but the body was being controlled by some force, which could explain how he broke his neck. Something must have happened to him."

Lin Ye didn't know why but he couldn't help but feel that someone out there hated him with a passion. It wasn't his first time dealing with this type of scenario, but that didn't mean he liked experiencing these things. Although his previous experiences were also dangerous, this one was so much worse. At least before, he had to deal with enemies that he could see. But this time, he didn't even know what he was dealing with.

He hated dealing with things that he didn't know. It felt very uncomfortable for him, knowing anything could happen at any time.

"Then... What should we do now?" Magallan says softly.

"We still have to go to the pier and find a boat," Skyfire says, "At the very least we need to find out where the other people went."

"What if they really went out to sea? Wouldn't we be just entering a trap?"

"That-," Skyfire's answer dies off, as she doesn't know what to say to that.

If those people really did go out to sea did they have to chase after them? Not to mention that they didn't know what they were even going to face. Even considering the thought of trying to find them in this kind of weather was suicidal.

Lin Ye squints at the corpse lying on the ground. The most critical question they haven't figured out yet is, why did this corpse return? Didn't it disappear with the other people? If the power controlling this corpse was some sort of ability belonging to a deep-sea creature, then why did it send this corpse back?

Lin Ye wasn't the only one thinking about this. The others were also thinking about this issue, but they couldn't figure out why as well.

Until Matoimaru spoke up, "You mentioned that the Deep Sea might have a brain?"

"Deep Sea?" Lin Ye asks.

"Just to put a name to the creature that we are dealing with," Matoimaru says