Ch 295: Blue Poison

After two days of driving, everyone finally returned to Rhodes Island.

The scheduled time of their arrival should be at 12 o'clock, but due to some delays, they ended up returning at 2:30 instead. So, after everyone got out of the car, they planned to go straight back to rest.

"Doctor Lin Ye." Before leaving, Sussurro stops Lin Ye, "I am about to write the report of the trip. I still need your signature. Will you be in the office tomorrow?"

To be honest, Lin Ye originally wanted to skip work tomorrow. He had already lost so much sleep and he figured that working again tomorrow would probably take a toll on his body.

But after seeing Sussurro's diligence. He hesitated.

Finally, with reluctance, Lin Ye nodded, "Don't worry, I will definitely be in my office tomorrow. I'll be waiting."

Then she nodded and left him. Leaving him alone with Lappland.

Lin Ye glanced at her,

"So... Are you going to go back to sleep on the training ground again?"

Lappland puts her hands on her waist and twitches her ears, "Otherwise?"

"Don't sleep there." Lin Ye says, "It's still winter and it'd be bad if you got sick because of it."

"It's fine." Lappland says, "I can use newspapers to cover myself. That way, I won't be cold, and the bugs won't crawl on me!"

Holy shit that's sad! Are you a hobo?! A hobo dog?!

"Then how about my office?" Lin Ye suggested, "I won't go back to the dormitory tonight since it's so late and it's not very good to wake Ansel up."

Lin Ye smiled lightly, "So, why don't you come to sleep in my office instead? The entire floor there is mine and I don't mind some company anyways. Even if it's you."

"...No." Lappland simply refused, but then she began sniffing him, "What is this smell on your body?"

"What smell? Don't talk nonsense."

Lin Ye sniffed himself but couldn't find anything that was off.

But thinking about it. He hasn't taken a bath for 2 days straight during the travels and since Lappland is a Lupo, it wouldn't be weird if she smelt something peculiar on him.

"Sorry then if it bothers you. And forget what I said. It's up to you anyways."

Lin Ye shook his head and didn't persuade her anymore. He was really sleepy.

So, he waved his hand and dragged his luggage back to his office, "Goodnight. Sleep well."

Lappland looked at Lin Ye's disappearing back and slowly began wagging her tail.

... It wasn't a bad smell.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Lin Ye carries his suitcase and returns to the fourth floor to go to his office.

When he finally arrived in front of his office, he held some level of expectation in his heart. Skadi liked to hang out in his office a lot after all and well...

Lin Ye paused for a few seconds, deliberately coughed loudly to announce his presence before swiping his key card in and entering the room.

Lin Ye walked in and turned on the lights.

Skadi wasn't there.

Lin Ye was disappointed, but he didn't mind.

He placed his luggage on his table and was about to unpack his belongings when the door behind him opened again.

Lin Ye immediately turned his head and saw a girl with long cherry pink hair in a blue coat standing at the door of his office.

She was not Skadi. She's a girl who he hasn't seen before, but her eyes were very mesmerizing to look at. They look like pure, polished sapphires gleaming under the sun.

Lin Ye reacted first.

This might be another "resident" on the fourth floor. So, he immediately stood up and introduced himself,

"Hello miss. My name is Lin Ye, I'm new...er actually I've actually been an employee for Rhodes Island for a few months now. I am a counsellor and also the owner of this floor. Well, administrator actually."

"Administrator?" The girl is a little surprised by this, "When has there been an administrator for this floor?"

Lin Ye smiles, "About one or two months ago. Give or take."

"Is that so?" the girl says lightly, "So, Miss Saria doesn't count."

The girl shakes her head, "As for Miss Skadi..."

"Skadi is my assistant now." Lin Ye said with some pride.

This made the girl even more surprised, "Your assistant? Is Miss Skadi your assistant?"

"Yes."

The girl's surprised expression greatly satisfied Lin Ye.

"Who are you then?"

When he asked this question. Her surprised expression disappeared almost instantly. Replaced instead with a face of complete indifference.

"My name is Blue Poison."

She said before turning around and leaving.

Lin Ye is stunned.

What's going on?

Looking at the girl's reaction, she seemed to be angry? But he didn't say anything to make the girl angry, did he?

Feeling confused, Lin Ye immediately chases after her. Just as he rounded a corner, he saw Blue Poison about to enter another room.

He shouts at her, "Hey!"

Blue Poison turns around, a little surprised by his presence.

"Umm." Lin Ye scratches his head awkwardly," Did I say something to offend you just now?

"Offensive? No." The girl frowned, "I'm Blue Poison."

"Well, Blue Poison hello." Although Lin Ye felt that she was a little weird, he still greeted her.

"Umm. I know."

Lin Ye fumbled around in his pocket for a bit before fishing out a pack of beef jerky. He approached Blue Poison with steady steps and handed them over to her.

"Even though we just met. We can still be friends, right? Oh, and here. As to apologies for making you uncomfortable."

He flashed a kind smile at her.

"Huh?"

A new kind of emotion flared behind Blue Poison's cerulean eyes.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by BrainNotWerk

Edit by Jaq