Ch 278: Father Figure

Maple is really awesome.

Lin Ye marvelled at the blade.

Lin Ye was able to roughly understand the characteristics of this blade thanks to Lappland's "enthusiastic" assistance. Simply put, if he did not use this sword, it would be a "useless blade" that cannot cut through skin, but it can be transformed into a "God Blade" that can easily cut off opponents' weapons in his hands.

And this blade appears to have a special protection mechanism for him, as he cannot use it to injure himself.

Maple is completely tailored for him, truly deserving of being from a God. Lin Ye's heart overflows with gratitude for Messiah.

Then he wants to see if Maple has any other abilities. After all, it is a "God Blade," and the mechanism to protect the owner appears insufficient. He wants to know if Maple is still feeling some nefarious killer moves. Like a God slash or something along those lines.

However, after attempting for a day and posing numerous times, he even yelled a plethora of embarrassing attack names. However, nothing happened. Lin Ye had the impression that Lappland was no longer willing to "assist" him, and it was a shame that she would not help Lin Ye no matter what he asked. She was finished, and she threatened to kill Lin Ye if he asked again. Lin Ye had no choice but to give up. The sun had set before he knew it.

Lin Ye can feel the sun fading. He's feeling a bit hungry, all he had to eat was a few cookies and Lin Ye doesn't feel like munching on the rest of them would do him any good.

So, for the time being, he will dismiss the idea of Maple having a cool move. "Go get the firewood, we're gonna light a fire," he says to Lappland after putting Maple in his sheath.

"Huh?" Lappland raises her tail, very upset, "Why do you want me to go? Who do you think you are, ordering me around?"

"Well... I was gonna cook some nice meat on the fireplace for us but since you don't want to-"

"Oh!" Lappland's tail wags immediately, and says with a little excitement, "No problem, just picking firewood? I'm the best at that!"

"By the way. Call Irene out." Lin Ye points to the broken temple and says, "She hasn't gotten out the whole day and she needs to eat something."

Lappland frowns, "That feline? I don't want to. I don't like her"

Lin Ye says helplessly, "I just asked you to call her outside, not make you like her."

"What if she doesn't come out?"

"Can you not persuade her?" Lin Ye glances back to the temple, and then back at Lappland, "Even Texas could do such an easy task"

Originally, Lin Ye just wanted to make a joke, and he left after speaking that. He did not expect Lappland to be serious.

She thought about it for a while and then went to find Irene.

Irene was curled up in the temple's corner, shrouded in darkness. She wished she could stay in this darkness forever; after all, there was no light in her heart.

But the wooden door behind her was kicked open the next second.

The wind blowing in from outside the house picks up dust and sawdust, obscuring the view. She had to squint her eyes, and when the dust settled, she saw a person with long silver-white hair bathed in moonlight, looking down at her.

"How long will you stay here?" The person asks coldly, "Are you going to stay here until you die?"

Irene's lips open slightly out of surprise.