Ch 323: Maple: Creed Field

"I swear, this is definitely the most smelliest and dirtiest river I have ever seen in my life", after she had walked less than ten steps Matoimaru started to complain "It's more disgusting than the smelly ditch in front of my house. That thing was full of all kinds of animal shit. It was the worst in the summer, almost unbearable. I thought that thing would be the worst, but I didn't expect to encounter something even worse."

Lin Ye was deeply fascinated by what she said. He felt that with his current mental state still mending, walking through the river would be an increasingly distressing experience.

Whenever he lowered his head, he would sometimes see the carrion and broken bones floating in the water and felt the resistance with every step he took. Lin Ye felt like his sanity was dropping with every step that he took in the "river".

He still has the habit of taking deep breaths when he was nervous. However with him standing in the river, he could only try his best to repress that habit, otherwise his sanity would drop faster with each breath he took. The smell of decaying flesh still continued to attack his senses.

"Matoimaru, be careful. Don't run off too far from me", Even so Lin Ye still had to endure the nausea to warn Matoimaru who was walking in front, "If you go too far, I will have trouble helping you if something goes wrong."

"What's the worst that could happen?" Matoimaru didn't really seem to care about Lin Ye's warning, "And if something did go wrong, what could you even do for me in that situation? Don't underestimate me, I'm still a combat operator while you are not."

"I meant in the case that you might slip and fall, I can help you up" Lin Ye explained.

He would hate it if he fell into the water. So he was looking out for her. Any normal person wouldn't want to fall into the river's water.

Matoimaru was silent for a while, then she felt what Lin Ye said was reasonable. So she slowed down.

"Good call doc."

Lin Ye had already stuffed Vector back into his bag before going into the river. Originally he thought that in such an environment, guns were much better than Melee weapons. However he now understood that guns would only be effective against things that could be killed in a traditional manner..

So Lin Ye had a sudden epiphany that he would be facing things that clearly couldn't be explained using the scientific knowledge from his world.

So using like against like seemed to be the most appropriate course of action.

Like a God's Sword.

Therefore, Lin Ye firmly gripped Maple in his hand while wearing Liz's white amulet around his waist, in order to prevent a similar incident from occurring again.

"Doctor Lin Ye" Magallan's voice rang out from his earpiece, "I have positioned one of my drones directly above the suspected place where Miss Skadi is located. You just need to go there. It's not too far from where you are now. After surveying, it's only 56 meters away from your current position. But be careful, my drones are not waterproof after all."

Lin Ye took a deep breath "I got it."

Then he immediately covered his nose. The smell was becoming more unbearable the further in they moved.

...I'm glad that Lappland didn't follow me here. I think she would die from the smell alone.

Lin Ye thought to himself.

Matoimaru walked in front of Lin Ye while Blue poison followed from behind. The three of them kept about two meters between them. This way they could act accordingly if anything happened.