Ch 220: Travelling

It'd be so much better if we used a plane. Lin Ye couldn't help but think that when he saw the off-road vehicle they'd be using for the trip.

Especially since the destination of their trip, Kjerag, is farther than Lungmen. It would take 2 days and 1 night to get there by car.
Although Lin Ye does not have motion sickness, the feeling of sitting in a vehicle for an extended period of time would be very uncomfortable. However, no matter how uncomfortable it is, there is nothing he can do since it comes with the job.

The scheduled departure time was 8 o'clock, and when Lin Ye arrived here it was only 7:30.

Since he was half an hour earlier, he thought he would be the earliest one here. So he did not expect that someone had already arrived before he was already doing work.

This someone is a member of the Medical Department... Little Sussurro.

She was currently pushing a cart bigger than her, loaded with medicine provided by the Medical Department.

When Lin Ye came over, she was now trying to move the medicines in the cart to the back compartment of the car. Sussurro was, of course, struggling quite a lot due to her size.

The sight of that reminded Lin Ye of the way ants were delivering food into their nest.

Cute...

As Sussurro was about to place a box of drugs into the vehicle, she stumbled and lost her balance mid-way.

"W-Woah!"

"Look out!"

Luckily, Lin Ye was fast enough to catch both her and the box.

"D-Dr. Lin Ye?"

"Here, let me help you." Lin Ye hurriedly went to assist,

"Don't fall again, okay?" He placed the box of medicines in the back compartment.

Sussurro sat down while panting lightly and thanked Lin Ye.

"Thank you."

Lin Ye looked around them and asked her. "Why didn't you call for others to help you?"

"I was the only one in the medical department," Sussurro said.

Lin Ye says, "If you're early then at least you could've waited for me to help. You're a child."

"I am not a child." Sussurro says calmly, "I'm the same age as you. I think I can lift these medicines alone without the help of my colleagues."

Lin Ye smiled: "Yes, yes, You can. Then while I'm here, allow me to help you."

Perhaps it was because she was used to saying this every day, Sussurro did not refute but admitted "I am really not very good at physical activities."

There are not many medicines, and Sussurro has already moved out most of it, so Lin Ye only had to carry another four or five boxes before it was over.

He looked at Sussurro, who was resting in the back compartment. Lin Ye took out a pack of milk biscuits from his pocket and offered them to Sussurro.

"Do you want to eat some?" Sussurro glances at Lin Ye.

"Could you not treat me as a child?" Sussurro thought for a while. She is indeed a little hungry right now.
She nodded. "But if you insist..."

Lin Ye smiles and passes the cookies over to her.

He looked at Sussurro and felt calm around her.

There was a neighbour in his previous that resembled her greatly.