Ch 332: A Scarlet Eye

Lin Ye's sudden grabbing of Skyfire's hand had stunned everyone for a moment. The rest of the team didn't know why Lin Ye had done that, but a few seconds later they got their answer.

Skyfire's panicked expression slowly disappeared as Lin Ye held her hand. As she gradually calmed down, surprise replaced fear, as she stared down at their hands.

Seeing that she had regained her bearings, Lin Ye releases her hand.

"Are you okay now?"

Skyfire looked at Lin Ye, back down to her hand, before asking in a slightly bewildered tone, "What did you do? Why do I feel... weird?"

Everyone present noticed the change in Skyfire behavior.

Lin Ye replies, "You were acting a bit weird just now. So, I tried to help you."

Matoimaru stared at Lin Ye in confusion, "What do you mean?" Lin Ye didn't answer her and just continued looking at Skyfire.

The feline in question lowered her head and thought for a while, "Yes, now that you mentioned it, I was feeling strange. My heart started beating rapidly, like I was afraid of something, but I didn't know what. I was beginning to sweat all over."

Magallan hummed in thought, "Isn't this similar to how Dr. Lin Ye's acted last night?

Skyfire raises her head and turns towards Magallan with a puzzled look, "What do you mean?"

Magallan doesn't answer, unsure whether or not to tell her about the events of last night.

Lin Ye sighs in resignation, "As of now, there is nothing to hide from you. Your actions just now can explain a lot of problems. We won't hide anything, since what happened last night has probably just happened here."

Although Skyfire didn't know what Lin Ye was talking about, she vaguely felt that it wasn't simple.

Wth Lin Ye's permission, they shared what had happened to them last night, keeping in mind to not mention Skadi in their explanation. Though, thankfully Skyfire seemed to either not notice or care about their omission.

When she learned that Lin Ye had stood in front of the underground river and almost went insane from fear, Skyfire's eyes widened. "You mean...", Skyfire looks at Lin Ye, "I experienced the same thing as you just now? But I don't think I saw anything strange."

"That's just what you think.", Frostleaf says faintly, "Doctor Lin Ye thought the same thing last night, if it wasn't for Matoimaru stopping him, he would have happily jumped into the river to join the corpses in it."

Lin Ye adopted a mixed expression.

Although I know that Frostleaf is right, why does it sound so harsh?

"This is very odd," Skyfire mutters, and stares back at Lin Ye again, "Then, you just treated me again. What did you do? You were able to cure me instantly."

After a few seconds, she added, "Well, it's not the first time. I wanted to ask you a week ago," she glances down at Lin Ye's hand, "I always feel something when you touch my hand. There's a very special force when you do that, can you tell me what it is?"

Lin Ye didn't really know how to explain it to her, and could only generalize it as his own unique talent. But Skyfire, evidently wanted to know more, and wasn't satisfied with his answer. She only gave up the questioning for now, considering the current circumstances they were facing.

"Now that you've recovered, we can discuss the current situation," Lin Ye says to change the topic, "Many signs indicate that the sudden absence of the Ursus, Lungmen, and Sunset Chamber of Commerce contingents is not a normal event. They have disappeared just like the missing residents of Harlan Town.