Ch 315: A Sudden Call

Lin Ye's words can be said to be a stone that causes a thousand waves to crash in the room. It can be seen in everyone's expressions.

The biggest change is the people from the Sunset Chamber of Commerce. They could have almost written "unhappy" or "unconvinced" on their faces. If it weren't for The Ursus's soldiers here, they might have come forward to Lin Ye. The Feline named Skyfire also looked over here with a golden pupil full of displeasure. But these people are not the ones that he focuses on.

Lin Ye had been paying attention to the change in SilverSword's expression. After all, the Ursus's military is the biggest force in this joint operation. If SilverSword is dissatisfied, they have no way to let them go. Therefore, Lin Ye can only bet that the soldiers of Ursus's soldiers wouldn't be able to force them out from this project. But he never bet on something that he can lose.

Fortunately, he is right to do so.

Although SilverSword's expression was slightly dissatisfied, overall he was still calm, "The Abyssal Hunter really said that?"

Lin Ye nodded, "Yes, she really said that."

When saying this, Lin Ye had only one thought in his heart. He hoped that Skadi didn't know that he was here to smear her image. Although he felt that Skadi would not care very much, he still needs to make it up to her when he finds her.

Maybe I can brush her hair? She seems like she wanted me to do that before.

"It seems she is a very confident person," SilverSword says faintly, "I would really like to see her if I can."

Listening to his tone, it seems that he didn't intend to mention Skadi's "fault" in order to anger. Lin Ye sighs in relief in his heart, but on the surface, he just smiled calmly.

"You will see her, and we have already said that she will notify us when she finds any clues."

"Will such a proud person really do what you want? I doubt it," SilverSword said, "But it doesn't matter now. I don't believe you can help without her..."

"This is what I want to say," Lin Ye kept in character, "Even without her, we can provide enough help."

"That would be the best," SilverSword nodded and didn't pursue Skadi's absence, "Then, is there anyone here who has similar experience and wants to speak?"

Swire puts her hand up and said, "Since the Abyssal hunter is not here, leave it to our Lungmen,"

She folds her arms.

"We also have very good oceanographers who we can listen to his views."

"I see," SilverSword nodded, "Sounds good."

Seeing this, Lin Ye stopped speaking. He saw Swire snap her fingers and a person wearing an eyepatch LGD with the official armour appeared next to her.

"He is an oceanographic expert of our LGD," Swire introduced him, "His codename is Yumeng."

Lin Ye feels a little weirded out by his codename. Why did a big man have such a cute codename? But then again, there are more people using code names than their actual ones in Terra. Then if he wants to get a code name too, he must get a unique one if he really wanted to. It definitely can't be like this young dreamer, what kind of cute names are they picking for men?

Lin Ye is in his own world now.

"Hello everyone, I am Yumeng, an officer of the LGD," Yumeng says, "Let me explain to everyone what I have found."

The following explanation from Yumeng is quite eye-opening for Lin Ye. He told everyone what he knew. Deep-sea creatures and the characteristics of these deep-sea creatures. Their hunting habits and how aggressive they are against humans.

Lin Ye's original view was that the most terrifying creatures in the water were most likely predators, such as great white sharks. The deep-sea monsters in this world seem to have the style of a Lovecraftian story, which makes people shudder.

After half an hour, Yumeng ended his explanation.

"What I had said is the current Ocean College archives about the deep-sea creatures attacking terrestrial communities. All cases are gone," Yumeng said, "One of the worst incidents ever recorded was the destruction of a seaside town. But that incident was not as suspicious as this time. Many people came out of the town but not all of them. However, the corpses that did not survive did get recovered."

"Is there any recorded incident close to this?" SilverSword asks.

Yumeng shook his head, "It can't be said that the continents in Terra are too big, but the Ocean Academy cannot collect information on every last one of them. At least as far as the database is concerned, this event is truly unique."

Matoimaru laughs and pats on Frostleaf's shoulder, "It's possible to blame, ghosts are impossible to find. But I am different."

"They are talking about monsters, not ghosts," Frostleaf rolled her eyes, "And aren't you an Oni?"

"Haha, what are you being so serious," Matoimaru laughed, both of them seemed to relax while everyone else was serious, the two of them were not heard by anyone except for Lin Ye.

Lin Ye knows both of them were nervous, but they were trying to hide it. No one else would ever notice it.

Matoimaru tapped her foot anxiously while Frostleaf was fiddling with her jacket. They are keeping a brave front. They don't want to make Rhodes Island seem weak compared to the others, so they joke around.

They are strong.

Lin Ye thought he was lucky to have them in his team.

"Although an incident like this has never been recorded, I can be sure of one thing. That is, if the Harlan town incident is really true, the deep-sea creatures that are responsible for this are definitely strong or special," Yumeng sums up his speech, "So we just have to stay vigilant and work together to deal with possible dangers."

"Is that so?" SilverSword nodded and agreed with Yumeng's point of view, "You're right. It's natural to be sufficiently vigilant in the face of unknown creatures."

While listening to SilverSword and Yumeng's speech, Lin Ye wonders how to find Skadi. They can't let the outsiders know that Skadi has disappeared, so they can only find her themselves.

He hears his phone ring.

"Doctor Lin Ye? Who is that?" Blue Poison asked.

He looks as confused as her.

He pulls out his phone and looks to see who is calling him

The name made his jaw drop.

Skadi?!

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Kitwriting

Edit by Jaq