Ch 301: Most Powerful Abyssal Hunter

Lin Ye only used one sentence, but he successfully altered the mood of the video conference. Mansha's slightly provocative expression stiffened, and Kal'tsit turns to look at Lin Ye, her face surprised. The place became so quiet that a needle drop would sound like a gunshot. For a few moments, no one spoke.

Finally, Wei Yenwu was the first to respond, with a humorous expression.

"Dr. Ian is really romantic," Wei Yenwu says with a smile, "It seems that you had a good time in Victoria. You can't even remember a beautiful person like Ms. Mansha."

Lin Ye took a sidelong glance at Kal'tsit and noticed that she didn't object to him doing this. He sighs quietly to himself as he is relieved. Then he resumes his act.

He says in a hoarse voice, "I'm not like that at all. I'm just good at communicating. Mansha is stunning. How could I possibly forget her? Just give me a few minutes to think about it. I should be able to recall."

Mansha's face is expressionless, and her tone is stern. "There's no need, Doctor Ian. It was late at the time, and we didn't have anything important to discuss."

Lin Ye smiles and nods "I see what you mean. I was never good with women, and I hope I didn't do anything bad-!"

*Squeeze*

His words were cut short when he felt a slight pain in his back. Kal'tsit, who was by his side, had already stretched out her hand and firmly pinched his back. Making him squirm in pain. Fortunately, no one could see his face except Mansha.

Mansa's face has darkened significantly. He appears to have overperformed a little. Lin Ye secretly warns himself not to say anything else. He realised that the more he talked, the easier it was to expose his flaws, so he decided to become a quiet tool man. But Mansha, clearly unwilling to let him go, asks him again.

"What's the matter with your voice, Dr. Ian? Why does it sound so strange?"

He was, indeed, targeted again. Before Lin Ye could respond, Kal'tsit responds on his behalf, "The Doctor's body is a little ill."

"Oh, really? You're not feeling well? What kind of disease is it? Can't you please give Doctor Ian some medication? "Mansha raises her brows. "A pharmaceutical company's doctor, and he's still sick?"

"Twenty minutes ago, it was just a normal fever," Kal'tsit says lightly. The Doctor's temperature was 41 degrees Fahrenheit. We gave him a special anti-fever medication, and his temperature has now returned to normal, but his voice remains hoarse."

"A high fever of 41 and it went away in 20 minutes?" Of course, Mansha did not believe it and exclaimed angrily, "What medicine is so effective? Your doctor didn't consume the Originium?"

"It is the most recent anti-fever medication developed by our medical department. It is still in the research and development stage and has not yet been released to the public ", and According to Kal'tsit, "But, Miss Mansha, if you're interested, we can sell it to you for a low price. You are welcome to give it a shot. If you believe it is effective, please help us promote it. Regarding the clinical data for this batch of drugs, I'll delegate it to my assistant right now."

"Miss Kal'tsit, this video conference is not for you to sell Rhodes Island medicine!" Mansha abruptly interrupted Kal'tsit's words.

"Really?" says Kal'tsit, surprised. "Is Miss Mansha uninterested in our new medicine?"

"Of course not!"

"Okay.", Kal'tsit nods.

"Pfff-*Cough*! *Cough*! *Cough*!"

Lin Ye almost couldn't help but laugh, and in the end, he could only cover it up with a cough. Kal'tsit glances at him as a warning but a smile is still on his face.

And Mansha's face was no longer happy, and it appeared that she was planning to kill Kal'tsit right then and there.

The "fighting" of the two beautiful women made the men present here have a good time. So, they didn't even speak to each other, despite the fact that they had a good understanding of each other. It's a shame that Mansha isn't as good as Kelsey, or that the two aren't on the same level at all. So, in order not to embarrass the women, the men can only come out to help.

"Well, that's all for greetings," Said the general of Ursa first. In this video conference, it is clear that he is the person with the highest status or the oldest qualification. "I work as a soldier. I'm not familiar with the corners, so keep straight. The theme for tonight's meeting is ready; it is about Rhode Island. You want to be a part of our seaside project collaboration, don't you?"

Lin Ye finally knows the name of the cooperative project that Kal'tsit was talking about when he says, 'Seaside project?' But what projects are possible on the beach? To build a shipwreck or to sell seafood? He has no idea. As a result, he will not engage in nonsense. Simply delegate the next topic to Kal'tsit.

"Yes.", she nods and says, "I believe that in this project. My island is capable of bringing you more help."

"Do you need any more assistance?" Mansha scowls, "Doctor Kal'tsit, are you sure about that statement? A pharmaceutical firm. Is it going to sell those guys in the deep sea cold special effects?"

Lin Ye discovers the keyword 'Deep sea.'

Kal'tsit says, without changing her expression, "If you want us to sell you specialised cold medications, Rhodes Island is willing to do so. If the people involved in this project become too cold, they will be rendered ineffective. Like a big breasted lady, sorry, a breastless lady with no brain."

Lin Ye almost bit his tongue as he tried to hold back his laughter. To conceal it, he must move to his side. His body trembles as a result.

"Who do you say has big breasts and no brains?" Mansha slaps her hands on her table, enraged.

"You misunderstood me; I said you have no chest and no brains."

"What! How dare you!"

Kal'tsit says calmly, "I don't know why Mansha is so angry. This was obviously a joke, which I thought should be obvious based on your high IQ."

Mansha is speechless and is trembling with rage.

How come this feels so familiar...Oh, this is how Ch'en and Swire interact.

Lin Ye finally regains control of himself.

Wei Yenwu smiles.

"Doctor Kal'tsit's diplomatic skills are still great as ever", Wei Yenwu praises.

Wei Yenwu crossed his arms, smiling slightly. "To be honest, I can't think of why you joined this project, and I'm not sure what Rhodes Island can offer. What kind of assistance will you offer us? Rhodes Island is nothing more than a pharmaceutical company."

"Mr. Wei, our island's work does not revolve entirely around pharmaceuticals," Kal'tsit declares. "In addition, only one item is unique to our island, and none of you three have it."

"Oh, really? I'd like to hear it"

"We have the most powerful Abyssal Hunters."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq