Ch 288: Lord Of Karlan Part 2

"They're up there." Butler Green leads the Yeti Squad on the mountain road in the back mountain, "Mistress and Young Mistress... no. Our two targets will be on the top."

He seems to be in a hurry, but the members of the Yeti Squad stopped.

because they felt the "frost bombs" they had placed were about to detonate

Mephisto will take two of them to unlock the power stored in Irene's body and directly freeze the back mountain, according to the plan. That way, they'd be able to catch Pramanix and Cliffheart without attracting the attention of the entire Kjerag. They will then murder Pramanix and kidnap Cliffheart in order to force Silverash to obey their orders.

However, Irene's runes on her body slowly faded.

"What's going on?" One member of the Yeti Squad asked.

They exchange glances, "What is going on with her?"

"Contact Mephisto"

One of the members contacts Mephisto right away. They get through to him a few seconds later.

"Is there something wrong with her?" Mephisto asks calmly, "No, that's fine, just keep going as planned. There are a lot of you there, but they only have one guard. You're Frostnova's elite troops, so that guy can't do anything, right? Go ahead, I'll meet you at the restaurant. I'll order some red wine for you all to celebrate."

They frowned. They felt that Mephisto's voice was a bit strange, but they paid it no mind. Although "Frozen", Irene cannot be used anymore, with their numbers, defeating Matterhorn is more than enough. But, it will just take more time. So, he puts down his phone and says to the rest of the team, "Just follow the plan."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Mephisto turns off the headset, and then his body trembles.

Not because of fear, but because of pain. His whole left arm is completely cut off. Although he used arts to temporarily stop the blood, so as not to let himself die from excessive blood loss. The pain is still unbearable.

He has already reached his limit in terms of maintaining a calmer tone and finishing the last phone call with the Yeti Squad.

He is well aware that this mission was a complete failure when the bomb failed to explode.

He couldn't contact Faust, and he was seriously injured by Lin Ye.

He didn't know why Lin Ye didn't chase him, but he should be fine for now.

Despite having suffered the worst failure of his life and even losing an arm, Mephisto believes that as long as he can escape this place and regroup with the Reunion movement, he will always have a chance to make a comeback.

His next target, however, will not be Kjerag.

But Lin Ye.

Half an hour ago, he held the fates of the entirety of Kjerag and Lin Ye in his hands, before everything collapsed. He was ashamed. He could only make the casters that he brought to buy time for him to run away.

That man.

Mephisto clenches his teeth, "I will remember you, Lin Ye! Sooner or later! I'll kill you! I will do to you what you did to me! A hundred times worse!"

He walks to the road that leads to the back mountain, but then he comes to a halt.

There is someone ahead of him on the road. Her back is turned to him.

How could anyone be here?!

Mephisto is taken aback and then becomes alert. The brown-haired girl appears to be surrounded by an aura as she slowly turns around. He is staring at him with a pair of bright heterochromatic pupils.

"Thank you," The tea-haired girl says to Mephisto, smiling, "you did well."

Despite the fact that he doesn't detect any dangerous aura from the girl, Mephisto's instincts told him that she is not an ordinary person.

"What do you mean?" Mephisto asks, his voice deep.

"Because of what he looked like before, I was worried that he was being bullied in the outside world. After all, I can't leave here.", the girl spreads out her hands and says in a helpless tone, "I wanted to know what he'll do when he is faced with someone like you. After this whole debacle, I can take solace in the fact that he has grown as a person"

She smiles helplessly.

"I should be thanking you for assisting in his growth," the girl says as she slowly raises her hand. "To be honest, I don't want to hurt you in any way. Even if you cause harm to my country, even if you demolish my temple and intend to murder my Saintess. I had no intention of killing you. After all, just the fact that you're still alive will be enough to keep him on edge. Make it clear to him that he should not always rely on others. Especially when it comes to women. It's truly heinous. Oh, but I'm always willing to assist him. But what you just said made me a little nervous. After all, I won't be able to protect him once he leaves here."

Mephisto's eyes widen as he realises who this woman is...

"You..."

"My name is Messiah." Messiah, the God of Karlan says with a smile.

"I was the first person to live here."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Green, the butler, comes to a halt. He is taken aback by the person who appears in the middle of the mountain. The wind is howling around him. His coat flutters in the breeze.

"M-Master?" stutters Green, "You... Why would you..."

"You still refer to me as Master?" SilverAsh stands in front of Green and the dozens of Yeti Squad members, but he maintains a calm demeanour. He braces his hands and approaches them slowly "Have you gotten used to it? Because you've been calling me that for far so long? For one last time, I'll let you refer to me by that title."

Green Aiben stands in front of SilverAsh, and Green senses that his breathing is about to come to a halt.

"... When did you find out?"

"Not too soon, not too late," SilverAsh murmurs, "Are you going to ask me why I didn't participate in the Tri-Clan Council?"

Green Aiben remains silent, but his expression conveys what he wishes to say.

"Actually, there aren't many reasons." SilverAsh explains, "It's just Kjerag tradition, my sisters are about to travel. Of course, as their older brother, I have to accompany them to our parents' graves"

He pulls something from his cane after saying that. It emits a bright white light.

A silver sword is drawn from his cane. The Yeti Squad is suddenly aware that they are in the presence of a formidable foe. SilverAsh extends his hand and unties his coat. He draws his sword and slashes it out. The snow around him begins to blow away.

"Remember my name," He says, "I, Enciodas Silverash, will send you to hell."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq