𝓢𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓭 {𝓜𝓲𝓬}

TW: Suicide, attempted suicide, unhealthy coping, and intrusive thoughts⚠ 
Procead with caution at your own discretion 

"Dont go out to far." You frowned at your mother "But mom he doesn't like shallow water!" She shook her head clearly not believing you but also not wanting to crush your young imaginative mind "Then you and your little mermaid buddy can play from afar." 

♡Time Skip♡

You walked along the beach until you reached the part where the ocean meets the sand and sat close enough for your toes to feel the slight brush of water. It was dark causing the water to be a dark shade of berry blue illuminated by the light of the full moon.

You looked out at the moving waves and sighed wonder if your mother had sat and watched the moving ocean before she jumped off the cliff.

After a few minutes you stood slowly wattling your way in until everything below your chin was under the waves, are you really going to do this? You took a moment to but no reason to not do it crossed your mind and so you started swimming out farther and father until the beach behind you was nothing but a blur. With nothing but the sound of the waves your mind wandered to how long it would take or if this was gonna be painful but those thoughts died pretty quick as a huge wave forced you under the water getting your shirt caught in a rock.

You paniced, a sudden will to live rushing threw you all of a sudden. You grabbed the stretching fabric yanking it with all your might as your lungs begain to burn but to no avail. As your vision begain to blur a shadow covered your last glance of the world. 

♡♡♡

You woke up feeling of being wet and cold with sand sticking to every part of you. Slowly sitting up you looked around to see you were back on the dark beach, your shirt was gone but a few stinging cuts let little droplits of blood bleed out and down your side staining your bottoms.

You stood taking shaky breaths scanning the ocean wondering who, or maybe what, had saved you "...Thank you."  

♡♡♡

It had only been a week since you woke up on that beach but the curiosity didn't sudside or even go down for that matter. No something managed to save you from drowning despite the large waves and strong current.

You sat on the empty cliff a little picnic basket next to you. As you chewed the sandwich your made the night proper you couldn't help but let your mind wonder off to the thought of your mother and the last night you had seen her alive and how unhappy she looked as she called up your grandfather to take you for the weekend practically begging the man to let her have a break.

Its not like you were a bad kid or anything its just that she was caring for you all on her own since the day you were born and the poor women wanted just a single moment where she didn't have to be on her toes. 

When she buckled you into the back seat of your grandfathers car she kissed your forehead and smiled "No matter what happens, what they say, I love you so much and none of this was your fault." You were confused but her words quickly became erelevent when your grandfather promised ice cream on he way to his home.

When you returned to your beach side house your mother was no where to be found and hours after dinner you called your closes aunt who rushed over to collect you....It only took the search party two days to find your mother, her body had washed up on the shore of the beach the two of you had so much fun on in your youth.

Your aunt packed you up and took you away from the little seaside town, but when you turned 18 your inheretince was given to you and one of those things was the old beach front shake so when your aunt passed you moved in. So you moved in and fixed it up but no one you grew up with was still in the town and all the fun of those shores where long behind you.

You came back to reality to see the sun was starting to go down, the bright orange and pink of the sky was reflecting onto the ocean below, such a pretty view. You stood and grabbed your basket walking back to your house when something soft and wet slapped your leg, you looked down to see your ripped shirt. 

Raising your head you caught a glimpse at a familiar ornge fin sinking back into the ocean "...Hizashi." It was a mear whisper as it came from your lips. 

Your mother had spent almost all her time convincing you the mermaid you played with as a child was an imaginary friend and when you aunt got her hands on you she took you to a therapist afraid Hizashi was something from the trauma of your mothers death and after all those years you believed it. Hizashi was the imaging friend you created to watch you when your mother wasnt.

But you saw it with your own two eyes, your holding the shirt in your hands! You dropped both the basket and the shirt and rushed to the ocean "Hizashi!?" Swimming out trying to fight against the waves you looked for the bright oragne fin but the as the sun got lower it got hard to see and soon it was becoming a chorce to hold yourself up. 

But before you could sink down to your watery grave arms circled your waist yanking you above the water. You quickly turned to see the merman you once played with all grown up "Hizashi!" You basically wailed as you wrapped your arms around him yanking him into a hug "I missed you so much!" 

When you pulled back he raised one of the hands from your hip to wipe the tears from your face "Dont cry." You gave him a sad laugh "Im sorry, but don't worry there tears of happiness. I thought I lost everyone but your here!" He gave you his best smile sharp teeth glising in the rising moons light "Stay with me then." "Of course I will Hizashi." 

When you agreed you hadn't thought stay with me meant in the cave he called home, unable to leave for any reason...not like you have a reason to leave though. Hes all you have now.

♡♡♡

(1108 Words)

Felt in the angst mood lol