Chapter 2

A few days went by. Bill said he had talked to some of the managers and was just waiting for the green light. You were beyond nervous. You didn't know what position you were going to get and hoped it paid well. There was also the chance that you'd get denied, but Bill insisted that you had the job and that you just needed to have a little patience. Just like he said, you had the job by the end of the week. Your first day was Tuesday, seeing as it was one of their least busy days and a perfect day for training.

Apparently, you had landed the job of maintenance worker, which surprised the hell out of you. You would be preforming regular maintenance and checkups on the animatronics. You complained very loudly about this to Bill, saying that you were the least qualified to do this and that there were other, much better people to do that job. But he didn't seem to care. He insisted that you were perfect for the job and that you'd learn how to do it in no time. This didn't do much to sooth your nerves, but you weren't getting any other response from him, so you had to deal with it.

Your first day of work rolled around way too fast for your liking. You stood outside the Mega Pizzaplex, carrying a sleepy Oliver. It was about 4 AM, giving enough time for you to learn the layout of the place before it opened. You went up to the main doors, scanning a keycard Bill had given you to temporarily unlock the door so you could get in.

Stepping inside, you stared in awe at how big the place actually was. You already knew you were going to get lost in this area alone.

"Hey! How did you get in here!"

You turned, seeing a security guard stomping up to you.

"I-I'm new here! I'm supposed to be working here!" you said, shuffling back slightly as he got close.

"Name," he said.

"(y/n) (l/n). And I was told I could bring my little brother here so he wouldn't be left home alone," you explained.

The guard glared at you, motioning for you to follow him. He led you to the main counter where people were supposed to purchase their day passes. He went to one of the computers, typing a few things in and clicking on something before letting out a sigh. He grabbed the radio strapped to his belt and held it up.

"Peter, we need you at the front desk. Your new trainee is here," he said.

You let out a sigh of relief, glad that you didn't get in trouble.

"How the hell did a kid like you land a job repairing animatronics?" the guard asked.

"My caretaker, Bill. He said he used to work here and thought I'd be a good fit," you said.

"Oh great, another kid hired by the higherups," the man grumbled.

"H-huh?" You frowned and furrowed your eyebrows.

"Hey, leave the kid alone."

You spun around to see a guy a little older than you standing behind you, a lazy smile on his face. He slung an arm over your shoulder, leaning over the counter.

"Management may make dumb security decisions, but they won't hire anyone who could destroy their precious animatronics," he said.

"Just take the kid on the damn tour," the guard grumbled.

"With pleasure," the guy said, leading you away from the front desk. "Sorry Dave was the first guy you had to meet. I was gonna meet you here, but some stuff came up and I got a little delayed."

"So, you're Peter?" you asked.

"The one and only! You're (y/n), right?" Peter asked.

"Yup. And this is Oliver, my little brother," you said.