Chapter 74

"(y/n)? Where are you?"

"Over here, Mr. May!" you called, running over to the man.

You saw Bill smile, crouching down to pull you into a hug. You laughed, hugging him back.

"How's your treatment going?" he asked.

"Mm... not good. It came back again," you mumbled. You slowly let go of Bill, taking a few steps back. "The doctors said that I might not survive this time. They said that if the tumor keeps coming back, that means the chemo isn't working and that I'll probably die."

"I'm so sorry. How long did they say you had?"

"They said a few more months, but I'm gonna try and hold out longer. I wanna see my little brother when he's born."

"That's very brave of you. I'm sure that your parents will be very happy to know that you're holding out for him."

You and Bill began to walk to Freddy's. You were smiling, skipping along and telling him about some of the really cool people you got to meet at the hospital and how they would all support each other. Every time you looked over at Bill, he had a bitter sweet smile on his face. You stopped skipping, a frown forming on your face.

"Am I making you upset?" you asked.

"Oh- no! No, no, no! I'm very happy to see that you're being very calm and brave about all of this," he said.

Suddenly, you were at Freddy's. Did it always take that fast? You couldn't remember.

"Mama said you had a surprise for me?" you asked.

"Yes! I found one of the old animatronics from Fredbear's and was able to fix it up. I thought I'd show it to you," Bill said.

"That sounds so cool! Which animatronic?" you asked.

"Well, that's going to be a surprise," Bill said, a small smile on his face.

You laughed, nodding. The two of you entered Freddy's. In what felt like a blur, you were standing outside the maintenance room door. The two of you walked in and Bill began walking towards another door in the room.

"Mr. May? Where are we going?"

"To the basement. I didn't want any of the other staff finding it and messing with it," Bill said. You nodded, following him over to the door. You watched him open it and you peaked around him, seeing nothing but darkness. Then, you heard something. Screaming. Crying.

"Damn it. I told him not today," Bill mumbled.

"Wh-what do you mean?" you asked, taking a few steps back. Then, Bill grabbed your wrist and pulled you towards the basement door. "What are you doing?"

"... I'm sorry."

"Mr. May! Mr. May, what are you doing?"

No response.

"Stop it! Stop walking! You're scaring me!"

As you were dragged down the stairs, the screams became louder and more clear. The darkness consumed your vision for a few seconds before an overhead light suddenly clicked on. You saw five kids in the room. Three of them were crying while the other two were laying on the floor, motionless. Standing above the two kids laying on the floor was a tall, skinny man covered in blood. In one hand, he held a knife.

"Well look at what we have here. You brought me a gift," the man said, leaning forward to look you in the eye.

You took a few steps back, your body violently shaking.

"What did I say about not doing this today," Bill said.

"Are you the boss around here?" the man asked.

Bill stayed quiet. You turned and tried to run up the stairs only for the man to grab you and throw you back to where the other kids were. You hit the floor, scrambling to your feet and moving to stand beside the other three kids. You felt pain explode through your head and you started to get dizzy. You slowly collapsed to the floor, holding your head and squeezing your eyes shut.

"You said you found out how to bring the dead back to life?"

"I wouldn't say 'bring them back to life'. More like give the spirits a new vessel to reside in."

Suddenly, Bill was gone. The man turned to you and the three kids. Before you knew it, the three around you were dead. You could see different animatronic heads placed onto their heads, hiding their faces. The man reached over and grabbed you, lifting you off of the ground.

"Let go of me! Let go of me! Please!"

"Don't worry, little one. This will all be over soon."

"No! No! Let me go!" you screamed. You kicked and flailed your legs, your free hand clawing at the arm that was holding you up. "Help! Someone help me!"

"Can they survive in something like this?"

Your head snapped over to see Bill standing in the room, holding an endoskeleton head in his hands.

"That will suffice."

Bill nodded, handing the head to the man. The man let go of your arm, letting you fall to the ground. The man grinned, gripping the knife in his hand. You stood up, running over to Bill and hugging his leg.

"Please don't kill me! I won't tell anyone! Please!" you cried.

"I'm sorry, (y/n)," Bill mumbled. You felt him grab you and pull you away from his leg, pushing you towards the man.

"No! No! Please! I don't wanna die! Please I don't wanna die!"

"Look on the bright side, you'll get to see your brother grow."

You screamed, feeling the man grab you and push you to the ground.

"I don't wanna die!"

"Sunshine!"

Your eyes snapped open and you shot up. Your head slammed into Sun's and you fell back down, curling up on your side and holding your head. That was definitely going to leave a dent. You were lucky it didn't hurt, though.

"Sunshine, are you okay? You were crying! Did you have a nightmare? Do you need a hug?" Sun asked, crawling over to you and pulling you into his lap.

"I... I don't know. It felt like a nightmare," you said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Do you want to tell me about it?" Sun asked.

"Yeah... I was walking with Bill and... and I think I had cancer? I said something about chemo. And then I was taken to Freddy's and we went into this basement and there was this man who was killing kids and Bill let him kill me. I... I don't remember exactly why. He said it was to help me," you said, the details of the dream quickly fading from your mind.

"I'm so sorry, Sunshine. That sounds like a horrible dream. At least it's over now," he said.

"Yeah... at least it's over," you mumbled.

It was quiet for a minute before you felt Sun nuzzle his face into your cheek, making kissing noises. You laughed, trying to push him away only for his grip on you to tighten. Suddenly, the overhead speakers buzzed to life.

"Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex is now closed. Initiating nighttime protocols.''

You went to grab your phone, but realized you didn't have it. You silently cursed yourself, realizing you left it at home in your panic to get out of the house.

"What time is it?" you asked.

"Well, nighttime protocol normally starts at midnight so... midnight!" Sun said.

"Can I get out after these protocols are activated?" you asked.

"Yes, as long as you have your security badge, but why would you want to do that when you can spend the night with me?" Sun asked.

"I just... wanna make sure. In case something goes wrong," you said.

Sun nodded, nuzzling you again. You got the feeling you'd be in for a long night.