Chapter 66

Upon arriving at the store, you grabbed a cart and headed into the first fabric aisle you saw. You were a little overwhelmed at the amount of fabric you saw in just this one small part of the store. You wandered the aisles for a bit, not sure which kind to grab first. Eventually, you decided you could probably talk to an employee and get help from them.

Walking over to what looked like the counter where all the fabric was cut, you rang the bell and waited for someone to show up.

"Just a moment~!"

The voice that called sounded familiar. Very familiar. However, you didn't need to try and process just who the voice belonged to before she was skipping out from one of the aisles.

"Hi! What can I-"

"H-hey, Amanda," you said, giving the brown-haired girl a shy wave.

"(y/n)..." she whispered.

She took a few steps out from behind the counter before running over and hugging you. You hugged her back, feeling tears slowly beginning to land on your shoulder.

"What... what are you doing here?" she asked. She slowly let go of you, holding you at arms length. "Why aren't you at the Pizzaplex?"

"Well... the daycare shut down and Ms. Williams had me start working from home," you said.

"What happened?"

"Would you believe me if I said Moon attacked a child and dropped them from the ceiling?"

Amanda covered her mouth, a look of horror on her face. "You're kidding," she whispered.

"I wish... the daycare's been shut down. Peter q-quit and I was supposed to be working with Monty until Ms. Williams had me start working from home, designing animatronics and stuff," you said, feeling your voice starting to crack.

"God, I'm- I'm so sorry. I never thought this would happen. Are you okay? You weren't hurt or anything?" she asked.

"No. Everyone was fine in the end, but... everything just feels like it's falling apart," you mumbled.

"I know how you feel. Life has been so hard recently. I only started working here because I realized I could use the discounts I get to sell stuff online. I've been making a lot of jewelry and some dresses and skirts. It's been surprisingly profitable," she said.

"Were you able to keep your apartment?" you asked.

"Yeah, I was able to find a roommate who can help pay rent," she said.

"That's awesome! I'm so glad everything's been getting better for you," you said.

"What about you? You said you were designing animatronics?" she asked.

"Yeah! That's actually why I'm here, I need to get some fabric," you said.

"Do you need help?" she asked.

"Probably," you said, letting out a small laugh.

Amanda helped you go through the isles, picking out different fabrics, buttons, and trim while occasionally dipping out to go back and help cut fabric for other customers. It was a little challenging picking everything out, but with Amanda's help you were able to get it done in no time. Well, less time than you expected, at least. She even got a coworker who knew more about sewing to help you pick out a machine, threads, needles, patterns, and anything else you might need.

Eventually, you brought up all the fabric you needed and handed it off to Amanda so she could help cut it.

"So, you never actually told me what theme you were going for," she said.

"Well, I was thinking of making a star themed animatronic," you said.

"And what about this?" she asked, pointing towards the black fabric with small suns and moons printed on it.

"That... that's for a redesign. Of Eclipse. I... I kinda wanted to try and remake him but as not a security bot, ya know?" you lied.

Amanda let out a small laugh, shaking her head. "You're on track to making a solar system themed pizzeria. All you'd need to do is get permission to use the attendant and boom, new Fazbear attraction."

"Y-yeah, I guess you're right," you said, letting out a small laugh as well.

"Well, be careful if you decide to open a new attraction. I've heard someone's trying to create another missing children's incident," one of Amanda's coworkers said.

"Wait... what?" you asked.

"Kids are going missing around the Pizzaplex. Some of the authorities believe someone is trying to reenact the missing children's incident but on a larger scale," they explained.

"Alright. I'll be careful," you said, trying to suppress a shudder.

Eventually, you left the store and went back to your home, getting the sewing machine set up. Taking everything you had gotten, you set up the sewing machine on your dining room table, laid out all your stuff, watched a few videos that showed you the basics, then got to work on sewing Eclipse's clothes. The process took a few hours and there were multiple times where you'd have to stop and look up certain words or try and figure out where you went wrong, but before you knew it you had a decent looking pair of pants as well as similar frills and accessories as the attendant.

Once finished, you looked over what you created. It wasn't the best, but it was pretty good for your first time sewing something. You grabbed all of it off of the table, running back into the garage and putting it on Eclipse. Luckily, it fit. You had to admit, you were worried that you would've messed up the size.

"Alright, moment of truth. Let's get you powered on," you said.

You propped Eclipse upright, checking him over one last time before powering him on. A few seconds went by before his eyes slowly opened and he began moving.

"Oh thank god you're working," you breathed.

"Where am I?" Eclipse asked, that strange fusion of Sun and Moon's voices nearly bringing tears to your eyes.

"You're at my house. I was uh... tasked with repairing you," you said.

Eclipse gave a short nod, seeming to be almost staring into your soul. You shifted your weight from foot to foot, not really sure what to do anymore.

"So... how do you feel?" you asked.

"Fine. Everything is fine," he said.

You bit the inside of your cheek. He wasn't very emotional compared to the other animatronics. Maybe you could work on changing that. You had time, plenty of time, for that matter. You felt your phone buzz in your pocket and you pulled it out, seeing a text from Peter.

"Daycare's closing. Do you need me to drop Oliver off?"

"No. I'll come pick him up."

Putting your phone back into your pocket, you stepped closer to Eclipse.

"Well, I'm going to have to power you off for now. I need to do a bit of work on your programming and I need to pick up my brother," you said, reaching for the power switch at the back of Eclipse's head.

In the blink of an eye, Eclipse was gripping your wrist. His facial expression never changed, but his grip tightening told you everything you needed to know; he was scared to be shut off.

"I-I promise, I'll power you back on. Just- just please let go of my hand," you said.

Eclipse stared at you for a few seconds before letting go of your wrist. You flipped the power switch on the back of his head, retracting your hand and rubbing your wrist. It almost felt like he had left a dent in your skin.

Grabbing your phone and keys, you left the house and went to go pick up Oliver.