Preparing for the final | Final call for QnA Questions

Why This Book is Coming to an End

May 8th, 2022

This was a message sent to the Stories channel on a private Discord server one of my online friends made when I first started writing this book

This was a message sent to the Stories channel on a private Discord server one of my online friends made when I first started writing this book. I had spent two nights on it and vaguely remember deleting over 6,500 words at one point because I didn't like the first few chapters I wrote. I remember talking to my friends, all of us finding it amusing and wholesome that I wrote so much in so little time because it was how I coped with stress. The book hadn't been published yet, but I remember not thinking it would be a big deal. The only reason I was going to publish it was so people on that server could read it. I couldn't share the document since my email had my full name and I wasn't ready to trust them with that at the time.

I never thought the book would get here.

I never thought I'd receive so much support and so much kindness in one place.

With my past few books, I was used to having some really nasty comments early on during writing or having not a lot of support. By the time I finished my first book, I was so far disconnected from the fandom I was chomping at the bit to just get it over with. This book was so different and I really don't know why. FNAF is a big fandom, and it follows suit that it would have a lot of toxic fans. I published this book believing I was only really going to see those toxic fans. But I didn't. I know the whole twist of the reader secretly being a robot was supposed to be the big twist in this story, but I think the biggest twist was you guys being so nice and supportive.

This book currently stands at 101,615 words in total, 99,078 words if you exclude the Halloween Special.

Knowing I wrote that much in less than a year is... startling.

When I found that message again, I'm gonna be completely honest when I say I cried a little. I knew how this book was going to end ever since I started writing it. I had multiple notes and revisions on how I wanted to handle the endings.

I knew it was going to end from the start, but I still cried.

Please don't ask to continue the book for me

I know people aren't happy that this book is ending. I'm honestly not either. I had so much fun writing this book. Even when the chapters were emotionally draining and I was putting the characters through hell, writing this book still somehow managed to make my day, to help me feel better when things weren't going well. But, it has to end. I don't want to drag this book on, I don't want it to run out of ideas and have it lose its original spark. I like to quote Alex Hirsch, creator of Gravity Falls, on this: "This book isn't being canceled or discontinued, it's being finished. And it's something I've decided on since the very first day I started writing this."