Chapter 41

You took Moon's hand as he helped you up and out of the blanket fort. He led you out to the balcony and you watched as he transformed into Sun. Instead of the normal, hyper day form of the attendant you grew to expect, you were surprised by just how calm and quiet Sun was in this moment. He looked very nervous, his grip on your hand tightening. His eyes were darting around, looking at everything but you. You giggled slightly as you realized what was going on; he was nervous.

You gently squeezed his hand, giving him a small smile.

"So... what's up?" you asked.

"O-oh, um, well- uh... not much," Sun slowly said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You saw what happened between Moon and I?"

"Y-yeah..."

"You want a kiss as well?"

"Yes, please."

You smiled and nodded, gently cupping Sun's cheek and giving him a small kiss. He let out a small giggle, placing his hand over your own.

"Your kisses are so soft," he whispered.

"You want another?" you asked.

Sun nodded eagerly and you leaned up for another kiss. And another, and another. By the time you had kissed Sun about as much as you though Moon kissed you, you leaned back and smiled. Sun's face was extremely warm, making you worry that he might start overheating if you weren't careful. He had the biggest smile you had ever seen on him and his body swayed back and forth slightly. He looked down right adorable.

"Was that enough?" you asked.

"Plenty, Sunshine," he said, a dazed look to his eyes.

You took a seat on the balcony, Sun following suit. He pulled you into his lap as the two of you looked out over the daycare. It was quiet, peaceful. There were no screaming children, no animatronics going haywire, no bloody bodies or intruders. The only thing that even attempted to break the peace was the sound of the wind howling outside. You felt Sun nestle his head into the crook of your neck, his foam rays tickling your face and neck slightly.

"Thank you, Sunshine. For everything," Sun said, breaking the silence.

"What do you mean 'for everything'?" you asked.

"Just for everything you've done for me and Moon. You're always so nice to us and you help us around the daycare and stay with us when we're lonely. You've done so much for us," he explained.

"Hey, it's no problem at all. One, it's my job and two, I'd do anything for you guys. You're the main reason working here is so fun. I really do love you guys," you said.

"We love you too," Sun whispered.

"So, when were you able to start seeing what the other could do?" you asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, before it always seemed like you and Moon couldn't see what the other was doing or hear any conversations but now you guys are able to hear and see everything no matter who's in control."

Sun was quiet for a minute and you glanced up at him, seeing him in slight though.

"Well, we always could. Neither of us found a reason to listen in, though. I always found naptime boring and Moon isn't very fond of kids yelling and screaming so we just tuned out. Then, there was the day the cable broke and you and Moon got hurt and I started trying to pay more attention. I think Moon started paying more attention a few days after I did. I'm not too sure," he explained.

"And you can tell what the other is feeling?" you asked.

"Of course! I always keep an eye on Moon and make sure he's feeling well," Sun said.

"That's very sweet of you," you said, smiling.

"Well, I've always considered Moon a brother and you're always supposed to make sure your siblings are doing ok, so of course I'd look out for him!" he said.

You nodded, gently rubbing Sun's cheek. You could hear him let out a small sigh as he relaxed against you.

"I swear, every day I learn more and more about you two. There's always something you do that surprises me," you said.

"Thank you, Sunshine," Sun said.

You smiled and nodded, leaning up and giving Sun a small kiss on the cheek. The two of you went back to sitting in silence. Your eyes trailed up to the vents above the daycare, scanning them for any sign of Eclipse. So far, nothing. You felt a knot forming in your stomach, but tried to push it down. Everything was going to be okay. He was probably just hiding and trying to avoid being caught. You'd find him eventually.

You heard the door to the daycare open and you looked down. You saw Monty walking into the daycare, looking around.

"What's up with him?" you mumble.

"I don't know. I'll go ask," Sun said.

He moved you off of his lap, standing up and connecting himself to the aerial cable and descending down onto the daycare floor. You watched him land a few feet away from Monty as he began talking to the reptilian animatronic. After a minute, Sun ascended back up to the balcony and landed next to you.

"What's up?" you asked.

"Apparently Monty told Freddy about something being in the vents and now he wants everyone to stay close together. So, he wants us to come down to Rockstar Row," Sun said.

You nodded, letting out a small hum. You weren't surprised that Freddy would be spooked. You remembered Peter saying just how much Freddy cared about everyone, so this was probably just him caring and wanting to make sure everyone is safe.

"I'll go get Oliver," you said.