Chapter 42

After bundling Oliver up in a blanket, you went down to Rockstar Row with Sun and Monty. Monty was quiet the entire way, not even seeming to acknowledge your presence. Sun's hand was gripping your arm. You could see him looking visibly nervous. You tended to forget that he didn't normally interact with the other animatronics. He mainly just hung out with you, the other workers, and the kids.

Once you made it to Rockstar Row, you saw Freddy, Chica, and Roxy all waiting around on the benches. Chica and Roxy were talking with each other while Freddy stared at the floor, a worried look on his face.

"Yo, Fazbear! We're back!" Monty called, catching the attention of the other animatronics.

"Oh, good! All of you are okay!" Freddy said, standing up and rushing over to you and Sun. "I was so worried when Montgomery said there was something in the vents. I thought you all had been hurt."

"Nah, we're fine. The attendant and I probably could have handled whatever is hiding in them," you said.

"Are you sure? I don't want you getting hurt. You are one of our human workers, after all," Freddy said.

"The kid took out the attendant with two kicks. I'd say they can handle themselves," Monty said.

"What, what?!" Sun exclaimed.

"You saw that?" you asked.

"Yeah. I heard about it from the guard who was with you," Monty said, shrugging.

"When did this happen?!" Sun asked, grabbing your arms.

"It was when that body was found. Eclipse went rogue and attacked us and I panicked and fought back," you said.

"And you won? That's impressive," Roxy said, walking over. She patted your shoulder, smiling down at you. "Nice job, kid."

"Oh yeah! I heard about that! You're the maintenance worker that was attacked, right?" Chica asked.

"Yup, that's me," you said, rubbing the back of your neck.

You could see Sun getting visibly uncomfortable with the subject, his eyes darting around to every animatronic as he inched closer to you.

"If you're on maintenance, that means you know if Bonnie is okay, right?" Freddy asked.

You felt your stomach drop. They didn't know Bonnie was being decommissioned. You probably weren't supposed to know, either, since you hadn't received an email about it. Peter and those other two workers were supposed to be the only ones to know.

"W-well, um..."

"Just leave the kid alone. Bonnie will be fine," Monty interrupted.

"But-"

"Freddy, listen. The maintenance crew is doing their best to fix him right now. But, it's gonna take time. You just gotta be patient with them," he said.

"I'm sure Bonnie will be back by the end of the week," Roxy said.

"Y-yeah, by the end of the week," you mumbled.

"So, are we all gonna stay in the same room or what?" Chica asked.

"We could all head back to the daycare. There's plenty of room there," Sun suggested.

"That would be kinda counter productive. I mean, you guys just came from there," Roxy said.

"I think the daycare is a wonderful idea. It's much bigger than our rooms and already has everything needed for spending the night," Freddy said.

"It's either go there or you guys go back to your rooms and Sun, Oliver and I stay with one of you," you said.

"Let's go to the daycare! The little kid tables there are so cute!" Chica exclaimed.