Chapter 79

Oliver let out a small scream while Gregory moved to stand in front of him.

"You gotta catch us first!" he yelled, throwing his flashlight at you.

The flashlight hit you square in the face, causing you to stumble back.

"Run!"

"(y/n)!"

You regained your balance, looking around to see Sun running towards you and Gregory and Oliver running away. Sun was quick to grab you, checking you over.

"Are you alright? You didn't get a dent, did you?" he asked, cupping your cheeks and inspecting your face.

"I'm fine," you said, shoving his hands off of you.

You looked over to see the two already gone. You cursed under your breath, annoyed with yourself that you let them get away. You clenched your fists, your body starting to shake. Oliver... he was so scared of you. It felt... wrong. He was your brother. Why were you scaring him? He should trust you, right?

Get out of my body. Maybe then he won't hate you.

"Shut the fuck up! You were getting in the way! You're the problem here! Do yourself a favor and disappear before I find a way to kill you a second time," you snapped, clutching your head as you yelled at the ground.

You felt Sun place his hands on your shoulder. You wanted to smack them away, but something stopped you. Something deep within you was making you relax under his touch, letting tears fall from your eyes as you suddenly felt safe. And then, you felt yourself go back to normal. You collapsed onto the ground, shaking and crying. Sun took a seat next to you, holding you close and petting your hair.

"What have I done...? What have I done?" you cried, gripping onto him.

"It's alright, Sunshine. Just let it out," he soothed, rocking you back and forth.

"I tried to hurt them. I tried to kill them!"

"It's okay, it's okay. You're not in your right mind, but we'll get through this. Just let it all out."

"They're gonna hate me."

"No they won't."

"They're never gonna wanna go near me again."

"They will come back."

"What if they never do?"

"They're only doing what you told them. As soon as you're better, they'll come back."

You and Sun sat there for a few more minutes. You cried about all the different bad things that could happen and Sun would counter them. He was so positive and optimistic about what was going to happen. He kept telling you that everything would be okay, that the virus that seemed to be controlling almost everyone would go away. The voice in your head screamed at you that he was wrong, that it would never go away, but after all the hell that voice had put you through, you refused to believe it anymore. It was lying to you.

Eventually, you were able to mostly calm down. You were still stressed as hell, but at least you weren't a sobbing mess.

"Are you feeling better?" Sun asked, gently petting the top of your head.

"Yeah, a little," you mumbled.

Sun nodded, whipping away the tears from your uncovered eye. You raised a hand to the bandages, feeling that they were soaked with tears.

"So, what do you want to do?" Sun asked.

"Let's see if we can find Gregory and Oliver. I know I shouldn't be getting close to them, but it'd be better to keep tabs on them and step in if they need help," you said, standing up.

Sun nodded and the two of you made your way back to the main atrium. You spent the next hour looking for the two boys. When the hourly recharge hit, Moon came out. He was... surprisingly calm. Freaky, but calm. A small part of you wondered if he was fighting the virus like you were.

"Shut up... I said shut up," Moon growled under his breath, swaying back and forth.

"Is this my Moon or is this the virus?" you asked.

"None of your business," he growled.

"Virus," you said, making a popping sound with your mouth.

"Shut up!" he hissed, clutching his head before violently swinging his upper body to the side and hunching over. After a few seconds of silence, he shook his head before looking back up at you. "Starlight?"

"For now, yeah," you said.

"I'm... so glad to- to see you," he said, his voice glitching as he let out a small chuckle.

"It's good to see you too," you said, smiling and hugging him.

Moon twitched a bit before hugging you back. Then, he shoved you back, making jerky and spastic movements as he clutched his head.

"D-d-don't touch me- get out-! Find them- leave!" he yelled.

You grabbed his hands with one of your own, using your free hand to tilt his head up. You pressed a small kiss to his cheek, watching him freeze.

"Starlight..."

"Just a few more hours. Just try and fight it for a few more hours," you said.

Moon nodded, holding your hands. He stared at the ground for a few seconds before letting out a sigh.

"She found them. Vanessa found them. They're in lost and found right now," he said.

"Then that's where we'll go," you said.

Then, the lights turned back on. Moon transformed back into Sun.

"Welcome back," you said, leaning up and kissing his cheek.

Sun let out a small giggle. The two of you made your way to lost and found. As you neared, you felt your head start to hurt again. You groaned, leaning against a wall and holding your head in your hands.

"Is everything okay, Sunshine?" Sun asked.

I found them~

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Let's just... stay here for a bit," you mumbled.

You took a seat on the floor, your back against the wall. Sun sat next to you, crossing his legs and rocking back and forth.

"God, this headache is killing me. I mean, I've never felt pain before but good lord," you grumbled.

"Wait... you didn't feel pain when you were first attacked by Eclipse?" Sun asked.

"No. I don't know what changed," you said.

"Hm... well, I feel pain any time I try to stop Moon from taking over and Moon seems like he's in pain when he tries to fight that virus, so maybe you're in pain because you're fighting the virus?" he suggested.

Maybe if you stop resisting, I'll spare your brother

"Maybe," you mumbled, trying to ignore the voice.

Looks like they're awake. Better hurry and find them before she does.