Chapter 14

"Alright, let's find a place to sit," you said.

"Why don't we go up to our room? Oh, yes! I'd love for them to see our room!" Eclipse said.

"Alright, let's go to your room, then," you said, smiling.

The aerial cable descended down and Eclipse attached it to his back. You were surprised that it had been fixed so fast, or maybe there were just multiple cables. You just hoped this one wouldn't break as well. He scooped you up into his arms, holding you tight.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

You nodded.

Slowly, the two of you were lifted into the air. You gripped onto Eclipse's arms, your knuckles turning white from how hard your hands were gripping him. You forced yourself to keep your eyes open so you could actually see where you were going.

The two of you safely landed on the balcony, Eclipse setting you down. Though, he kept a hand around your waist. He disconnected the cable, letting it fly back up into the rafters before leading you into the room.

"Welcome to our room! It's not much, but we did what we could to make it look nice," he said.

The floor of the room was made of wooden planks. There was a small balcony that had a ladder leading down to the main area. There was a sun and moon rug in the center of the floor, a couple couches off to one side, a shelf that was stocked full of children's books as well as a basket that had a few candy wrappers poking out of it. There were a few shelves mounted on the walls with random toys on them. Off in the corner was a large pile of blankets and pillows. A thin dark blue blanket covered the ceiling and yellow and white Christmas lights crisscrossed across the ceiling. There was a door off to your left and a round hole in the wall that looked like it led to another room.

"Tada! It was Moon's idea to put the blanket on the ceiling. And Sun wanted the Christmas lights," he said.

"I love it! It's way cooler then my room," you said.

Eclipse smiled, leading you down to the couch. The blanket concealed what little light was being offered by the dimmed overhead lights, but the Christmas lights were more than bright enough to prevent a full transformation to Moon. The two of you sat down on the couch, Eclipse immediately hugging you close to him.

"So, any song requests?" you asked.

"Nope! Whatever you want, Sunshine. We'll be fine with whatever you pick, Starlight," he said.

You smiled and nodded, wondering if Moon's nickname for you was Starlight. You'd have to ask later when he was in full control. You thought for a minute about what song to sing. You knew you wanted something calmer, something you could sing to the kids if you needed to. Then, you remembered a song from one of the shows Oliver had been watching.

"Alright, I think I have a song," you said.

"Ooh! I can't wait! Whenever you're ready," he said.

You took a deep breath, placing a hand on your chest. Now that you weren't singing for Oliver, the stress started to sink in and it took all your willpower not to let your voice crack or shake.

"Pretty lights roll over the river

My, oh my, the sky's so much bigger

Than we thought, and I wanna see it all"

You felt Eclipse relax, his body draping over your own as if he was going to fall asleep.

"Cool summer nights were nice for a while

Right now, I'm missin' my warm bath towel

It's nice going out with you

But isn't it lovely coming home too?"

You could hear the sound of humming coming from him. Did one of them know the song? Did they have some sort of programming that let them identify songs? Maybe they could take song requests from the kids.

"Take me home, I want my bed, I want my mum

We have had so much fun, but I want to go home"

He began to sing in Moon's voice, swaying from side to side as he harmonized with you.

"We will sit on the windowsill and look up at the sky

And the clouds will spell messages for just you and I

We will water the plants for the first time in a while

And I'll say, with a sigh, 'I am home'."

"Wow! Moon was right! Your singing is so beautiful!" he exclaimed.

"Thank you," you said, smiling.

"The two of you sounded wonderful together! Sun... You two should sing for naptime!"

You laughed a little at the small back and forth between the two, Eclipse's face a weird mix of embarrassment and excitement.

"Oh! I have an even better idea! Sun, please- the three of us could put on a show for the kids! Sun... we can dance and sing and throw a big dance party! You have no shame, do you? It's for the children! They'd love it!" Eclipse ranted, the constant back and forth between Sun's voice and Moon's voice causing you to laugh.

"We can save the dance party for a future activity. I'm sure Peter and Amanda would want to give their input," you said.

"Of course, Sunshine! We could save it for Halloween week. That's a splendid idea, Moon! We'll all be dressed up in our costumes and it'll be so much fun!" Eclipse exclaimed.

"Halloween week?" you asked.

"In the fall, during the week Halloween is on, all the staff dress up in costumes based around an animatronic from one of the Fazbear restaurants," he said, using just Moon's voice.

"That sounds really fun! It's in about a month and a half, right?" you asked.

"Correct! You'll have plenty of time to plan your outfit," he said, this time in just Sun's voice.

"Awesome! Maybe I can make one based around you guys," you said, smiling.

"Really?" Eclipse said.

"Yeah. I like your guys' aesthetic," you said.

"You're too kind," he said.