Fire (2/2) ☆ ☆

You felt yourself slowly beginning to wake up. Your eyes opened to see a dimly lit room. You could hear the sound of someone typing away and your head rolled over, seeing an unfamiliar woman sitting at a computer desk. All around her were robotic parts, things like endoskeletons, casing, wires, circuit boards, anything one would need to create a robot or animatronic. You sat up, catching the woman's attention. She turned to you, a soft smile on her face.

"You're finally up. I was worried you wouldn't start up at all," she said, standing up from her computer and walking over.

"Who.. are you?" you slowly asked.

"My name is Veronica Williams. I'm head of maintenance at Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex. Do you know who you are?" the woman said, a soft smile on her face.

"My name is... Star," you said.

"That's right! And do you know what you're supposed to be doing, Star?" Veronica asked.

"I work at the daycare... taking care of kids, correct?" you said.

"Spot on, dear! Now, let's introduce you to the other animatronics you'll be working with," Veronica said.

She helped you stand up before leading you down a few hallways and into a large, colorful room. There were two large play structures, a ball pit, some smaller play structures that looked like castles and walls, a few tables with chairs neatly pushed in, a corner with a few bookshelves, pillows, beanbags, and a box of what looked like hand puppets, and a large curtain in the back.

"Hm... normally at least a few of them are out and about," Veronica mumbled, though you were pretty sure it was to herself.

Just then, you heard the sound of someone skipping towards you. You turned around, seeing an animatronic with a head shaped like a cloud and a puffy white dress skipping over.

"Good morning, Ms. Williams. Is this our new friend you've been telling us about?" the animatronic asked, stopping a few feet away from you.

"Yes. Cloud, this is our newest addition to the daycare team, Star," Veronica said.

"Oh, you're that animatronic made by that one person Sun and Moon won't stop talking about. You're so cute! It's nice to finally meet you," Cloud said, holding out her hand.

You took it, slowly shaking it and mumbling a small "thank you" to her compliment.

"Sun and Moon?" you asked.

"Yeah, they're basically the second in command here. I guess they would've been the ones running this place but some stuff happened before the rest of us were created and now one of the newer animatronics runs this place," Cloud said, shrugging. She turned, smiling at Veronica. "Want me to show them around?"

"That would be wonderful. Where are your friends, by the way?" Veronica asked.

"Everyone but Puppet and I stayed up way past when we were supposed to start the recharge cycle so they're all still charging," Cloud said.

"Of course... I'll be bringing more arts and crafts supplies that needs to be put away. Once everyone's up and Star is introduced, you all will start putting it away," Veronica said.

"And what about those new hires you mentioned?"

"They'll be coming in later. One of them is a returning employee, so Sun and Moon should already know him."

"Alrighty! Welp, let's get your tour started!"

Cloud led you around the daycare, showing off all the different areas. She explained to you that a string of strange happenings that ended with the building burning down caused management to make some changes to the way they were running the daycare and many of the other locations in the building. The biggest change was separating the old daycare attendant into two animatronics, Sun and Moon. Cloud said they would've been in charge if it wasn't for a nasty virus that took over Moon's system as well as how Sun reacted to said virus. So, the two were demoted to second in charge and another animatronic from one of the older locations had been remade to fit the theme of the daycare and take center stage. There were a few other animatronics that had been added, another one being a redesign of another older animatronic and the rest being newer additions. Apparently, while most of the other animatronics were designed by Veronica and her two kids, you had been designed by a now deceased employee. Though, Cloud didn't know their name, saying that if you wanted to learn more you should talk to Sun and Moon.