Epilogue Pt. 10

The animatronic let out a distorted roar. You watched as it started lumbering closer to where the three of you were.

"Go! Go! Go!" you yelled, pushing Eclipse and Cassie forward.

Running as fast as you could, you made a bolt for daycare entrance in Kids Cove. It was the closest exit you could think of. There was a loud slam behind, causing you to glance over your shoulder. It had jumped over the balcony railing. Before you knew it, the thing was sprinting after you. You could hear it gaining on you, fast. With a glare, you slammed onto your foot, skidding to a stop and spinning on your heel. You dropped Bonnie to the side of you, bracing for impact as the headless Freddy charged right into you. You nearly tumbled over, your legs threatening to buckle as he tried to push you down.

"You stay the hell away from them," you grunted, pushing back with as much force as you could manage.

The animatronic roared at you, its stomach cavity opening and revealing its endo. You clasped a hand into a fist, punching as hard as you could at the exposed endo. The creature stumbled back.

"(y/n)!"

You glanced behind you, seeing Cassie and Eclipse still in the atrium.

"Go! Get out of-"

Suddenly, you were flat on your back, your vision spinning. You could hear Cassie yelling for you. As you tried to push yourself up, you felt something heavy press down on your chest. Squinting up, you could see the headless Freddy standing above you. Then, in a blur of movement, he was off of you and you were being pulled up by some invisible force. Looking around, you could see Eclipse fighting Freddy, but Cassie nowhere to be seen.

"Where-"

"Get them out of here!" Eclipse yelled.

Before you knew it, you were being dragged away by the invisible force, stumbling over debris and weaving through abandoned halls. You could hear Eclipse not too far behind, along with the headless animatronic chasing after him. You rounded a corner, being pulled into an office. Eclipse skidded through the door shortly after, slamming it behind him and dragging a knocked-over file cabinet in front of it.

"Wait-!"

Bam!

You stumbled back, hearing the headless Freddy banging on the door from the outside.

"C-Cassie..." you whispered.

"Is right here."

You looked back at Eclipse, seeing him holding out one of his hands as if it were placed on someone's back. Then, in a distortion of fuzz and pixels, Cassie seemingly materialized in front of you, holding that strange rabbit mask.

"What?" you whispered.

"I-it's a long story," she mumbled, rubbing her arm.

Bam! Bam! Bam!

You flinched, glancing back at the door. It seemed to be holding strong.

"Pretty sure we have time for it," you mumbled.

"Well... I guess it all started when I got this weird message from Gregory saying that he was at the Pizzaplex and needed to show me something," she said.

You took a seat by one of the desks, watching as Cassie fiddled with the mask in her hands. She explained how she came to the Pizzaplex, looking for Gregory and believing he was in some sort of trouble. She explained how she wandered further and further into the Pizzaplex, getting the mask early in her journey and it being the only reason she was even able to get as far as she did on her own. She told you about her encounters with the animatronics, how Eclipse and Roxy seemed to be able to see her even with the mask on while others couldn't. She even mentioned how instead of seeing you as an animatronic, she just saw a little kid where you would've been with the mask on. At the end of it all, you were starting to realize just why she didn't seem all that there mentally.

"Have you ever used something like this?" she finally asked, holding up the rabbit mask.

"N-no... I've never seen anything like it before," you mumbled. You carefully took it from her hands, inspecting it closely. The tech was nothing like you had seen used at the Pizzaplex. It looked like it had been ripped from a science fiction film. You handed it back to her, shaking your head. "It must've been some sort of experiment management was doing while I was gone. I mean... that's gotta be it. I would've known about something like this being a thing. I worked here. I-I-"

"Fazbear Entertainment seems to like keeping secrets," Eclipse chimed in.

You let out a sigh, nodding along to his statement.

"I kinda wish you were wrong," you mumbled.

You could hear a few more bangs against the door before the creature roared and seemed to stomp off. With a sigh, you stood up and dusted yourself off.

"I'm guessing Bonnie is still in the atrium?" you asked, looking over at Eclipse.

"I'm sorry... I didn't have time to grab him," he said.

"It's... alright. Not like we could've done much in that situation," you said.

You looked around, seeing some papers sticking out of the file cabinets. Walking up to one of the cabinets, you pulled it open. Surprisingly, the thing was still stuffed full of files and papers.

"Huh, strange," you mumbled, sifting through the papers.

"What is it?" Eclipse asked.

"They didn't take any of the files," you said.

Looking back over at the desk, it was surprisingly untouched. The more you looked around, the more you started to recognize the office. This wasn't just any old office, this was Veronica William's office.

"(y/n), I don't think now is the time to be-"

"No, wait. This has gotta be important," you said, picking up the pace at which you were looking through the files. Then, you saw it. Grabbing the file, you held it up and showed it to Eclipse. "I bet this is gonna explain why they tried to bring back a faulty security program."