Chapter 35

You stood in front of Eclipse, watching as his eyes slowly opened and began looking around.

"Where am I?" he asked, his voice sounding like a fusion of both Sun and Moon's.

"We're in the maintenance hall. We're gonna be running some tests on you, okay?" you said.

Eclipse nodded, continuing to look around.

"Before we do anything, can we please put some sort of casing on it? It looks really creepy as just an endo," Vanessa said.

"Be nice," you mumbled.

"But it's creepy," she said.

You bit the inside of your cheek, knowing she was right. You just didn't think it was necessary to put a casing on if you'd only be experimenting with him for a little bit. You saw Eclipse look down at himself, his eyes going wide as he slowly held up his arms.

"Look, right now, it's not necessary we put a casing on. We just need to run some basic tests," you said.

"Fine. I'm gonna blame you if I have a nightmare tonight, though," Vanessa grumbled.

You rolled your eyes and nodded, mumbling a small "whatever".

"So, what exactly are we testing?" she asked.

"Well, we uh... fuck, I didn't think this through," you mumbled.

"Language," Eclipse said, causing Vanessa to snort.

"At least we know it has a filter," she said.

"Right, sorry. Well, we could start with..." you trailed off, your eyebrows furrowing as you listened. You thought you heard something. It sounded like talking.

"Maybe-"

"Wait, hold on," you said, cutting Vanessa off.

"What?" she asked, looking somewhat annoyed.

"I think I hear voices," you said.

"You sure you're not schizophrenic?" she joked.

"No- just- just listen," you said.

Vanessa went quiet. A few seconds went by and sure enough, you could hear the sounds of voices slowly getting closer.

"Shoot, someone's coming," you hissed.

"Fuck," Vanessa mumbled.

"Eclipse, go hide in endo storage. We'll be back for you soon," you said.

Eclipse nodded and stood up, shuffling off down the hall towards the endo storage room. Just as he disappeared into the storage room, Peter and two other workers came into the maintenance hall carrying the broken-down Bonnie.

"Oh, you got the email as well?" Peter asked.

"What email...?" you said.

"Oh, you didn't hear?" Vanessa asked.

"No? Hear what?" you asked.

"They're gonna decommission Bonnie," one of the other maintenance workers said.

"Don't know why, not like he did anything wrong," Peter grumbled.

"Look, what management says goes. We just need to shut up and go along with it so we can keep our jobs," another worker said.

"Hey, Vanessa, aren't you supposed to be at home today?"

"I thought I'd come in and work on memorizing the building," she said, shrugging.

"Smart. If you guys want, I can handle taking apart Bonnie. At least what's left of him," Peter said.

"If you're okay with covering for us, that'd be great. We were both hoping to take today off," one of the workers said.

"Yeah, it's chill. I don't have much to do today," Peter said.

"Awesome! You're a fuckin' life saver, man! We'll see you when the Pizzaplex opens back up!" the other worker called as they both left the room.

"You're really okay with taking all that work?" you asked.

"Yeah... I'm not feeling the best right now and working just helps take my mind off any bad thoughts," he said.

"Well... can I join you in forgetting about all the bad thoughts?" you asked.

"Sure, why the hell not," he said, shrugging. "You wanna join us, Vanessa? It'll be good to learn about the animatronics in case they get buggy at night."

"I'd love to," Vanessa said, smiling.

The three of you got to work on salvaging as much of Bonnie as you could. Most of his platting and endo were damaged beyond repair. His eyes, hands, and voice box were all intact.

"I don't get why management would want to scrap him. He's so popular with the kids. They're not gonna be happy about this," Peter said.

"I know. Him, Freddy, and Chica are the most popular. Everyone's gonna notice," you said.

"Exactly! They didn't tell us why they wanted to scrap him; they didn't give us any sort of excuse to tell the kids. We're losing our main cast," he said.

"It's not that big of a deal, right? I mean, we still have Chica," Vanessa said.

"Look, I don't know how long you've been working for Fazbear Entertainment for or if you ever went to any of the restaurants as a kid, but Bonnie and Freddy are supposed to be inseparable. One of the first locations in this entire franchise was Fredbear's Family Diner. It had Fredbear, a golden version of Freddy, and a golden version of Bonnie. They are inseparable," Peter explained.

"Why does that name sound familiar?" you asked.

"What, Fredbear?" Peter said.

"Yeah, I swear I heard about it somewhere," you said.

"I mean, there was a kid who got his head bitten off there by one of the animatronics in nineteen eighty-three. He was the son of one of the owners or something," Peter said.

"Frontal lobe," Vanessa corrected.

"It's still part of the head."

Out of the corner of your eye, you could see something peeking out from one of the doors down the hall. Looking over, you realized it was Eclipse. You hid one of your hands behind your back, motioning for him to go back into the room. He gave a small nod and went back into the endo storage hall.

You noticed Peter pull a chip out from the back of Bonnie's head, causing him to let out a small sigh.

"Is it damaged?" you asked.

"No, but management still wants us to throw it out anyways. I just... don't think I have the heart to scrap it," he said.

"Maybe... we can keep ahold of it? Ya know, just in case?" you suggested.

"I don't know... I don't wanna get in trouble with management," he mumbled.

"I can take it. I'll take any blame if they find out," you offered.

"No, I don't want you to lose your job over this," he said.

"I won't, I promise. I think I can keep it a secret," you said.

"You sure?" Peter asked.

"Mhm! I'll keep it safe until management realizes it was a mistake to get rid of Bonnie," you said.

"Alright. You won't tell anyone, right Vanessa?" Peter asked.

"Not a soul," the blonde said.

"Alright, if the two of you say so," Peter said, handing you the chip. "Just... take care of him, okay? I've always had a bit of a soft spot for him."