Fire (1/2) ☆ ☆

Content Warning:

This chapter contains a near death experience. If this is something you are uncomfortable with, there will be a summary provided at the end of the chapter.

<><><><><>

You ran towards the entrance as fast as you could, hoping and praying that the two boys were still there. Even if they weren't, you hoped that Oliver had been smart and ran to find Peter. Upon arriving, you couldn't find anyone at the entrance, not even Freddy. Your heart dropped and you realized they must've been somewhere else. You just hoped you weren't too late.

You ran back into the Pizzaplex, looking around for the three. You couldn't find them anywhere. You saw the other three animatronics wandering around, though you were shocked to see Roxy broken and missing her eyes. Gregory, Oliver, Freddy, and the attendant, however, were nowhere to be seen. You hadn't even seen Vanessa for most of the night. That's when you started to make out the all too familiar smell of smoke. You immediately began to panic as you realized something in the building was on fire. You were too far in for it to be cigarette smoke or another building to be on fire. Not even a second later, your fears were confirmed by the sound of fire alarms going off.

"Shit... shit, shit, shit," you hissed.

You ran around the area you were in, not sure if you should go find your brother or the attendant first. On the one hand, the daycare attendant could be rebuilt if he was damaged. On the other hand, Oliver and Gregory could've easily started the fire themselves and escaped the building already. Then, something deep within you told you that your brother was okay, and you turned and ran to the daycare.

You mentally cursed yourself for not finding Sun or Moon and having wandered to the complete opposite side of the building. Knowing it was too dangerous for you to take the elevator, you wound up needing to use the different staircases in the building. By the time you made it to the main entrance, the flames had practically engulfed the entire building. For once, you were glad you were a robot. You probably would've been laying on the ground, barely able to breathe if you weren't.

You burst into the daycare, looking around for any sign of the attendant. Almost the entire room was up in flames, causing your stomach to drop. What if you were too late? You ran around the daycare, trying to avoid the spots with more intense flames.

"Sun! Moon!" you yelled, though you could barely hear yourself over the sound of the flames and the creaking of the building.

You continued to run through the daycare, yelling and screaming their names as tears pricked the corner of your still working eye. What if they were in their room and couldn't hear you? After all, you could barely hear yourself.

You left the daycare, taking the stairs up to the theater and running down the hall that led to Sun and Moon's room. Bursting into their room, you almost immediately saw Sun curled up in the corner of the room. He was motionless, causing your heart to drop.

"Sun!" you screamed, running over and kneeling beside him.

You began shaking him, tears pouring down your cheeks. Were you too late? Had the heat already destroyed his wiring? You didn't want to believe that he had already been destroyed by the flames.

"Sun, wake up. Wake up. Please wake up. You have to wake up. Wake up," you said, continuing to shake him.

Then, Sun began to move on his own. He slowly sat up, his movements hard and slightly jerky. His joints must've been damaged by the flames.

"S-S-Sunshi-i-i-i-ine?" he asked, his voice box sounding like it was about to give out.

"You're okay! You're okay! Come on, we need to go!" you said, wiping away your tears and pulling him up.

Sun tried to say something, but all his voice let out was a horrible noise. It took all your willpower not to cover your ears and start crying again. He was going to be fine. He was damaged, but he could always be fixed. You pulled him out of the room, doing your best to move as quickly as you could with his movements being so tense.

"Come on, we're almost out of here," you said, pulling Sun through the doors to the main entrance.

The entrance was within your sight. You were so close to getting out of here. You could make out the silhouette of a few of the other animatronics outside and moving towards the road. You could clearly see one of them was Monty, based on how he was dragging himself across the ground.

"We're almost there. Just a little further," you said.

Another horrible sound left Sun's voice box and you let out a whimper.

Everything's okay. Everything's gonna be okay.

Just then, you heard the sound of the building letting out a very loud creak followed by the sound of something breaking and crumbling. Looking up, you let out a horrified shriek as the roof started caving in above you. You began to run, pulling Sun along with you. You practically launched yourself down the stairs, tripping over yourself as you fell to the ground. You used all of your strength to throw Sun as far away from you as you could. A few seconds later, you felt the burning rubble of the roof crush your legs and the lower half of your torso, trapping you. You let your upper body collapse, glad that Sun was at least safe from being crushed.

Then, you heard the sound of Sun's failing voice box and you looked up. He was dragging himself up the stairs to the landing you were trapped on, his faceplate slowly starting to melt.

"No. No! No, no, no! Get out of here!" you cried, trying to shoo him away with your hand. "You're going to get crushed! You need to get out of here!"

Sun didn't seem to listen to you, continuing to drag himself over to you. You began to sob, continuing to repeat "no" and "get out of here" over and over. Your vision was starting to blur and glitch out as the flames finally seemed to be taking effect on you. You could feel Sun take your hands in one of his as he finally reached you, using his other hand to gently cup your cheek. You continued to sob, happy that he was trying to help you but angry that he wasn't trying to escape like you wanted him to. He rested his head against yours, and your sobbing became even more violent. However, you knew that you weren't going to get him to leave. He was going to stay by your side until the end. Nothing you could say or do would change that. And you finally accepted that.

"I love you. I love you both so much. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you. I'm so sorry," you sobbed, pressing small kisses to Sun's cheeks.

The building let out another creak and a few seconds later, everything went black.

<><><><><>

As the MC searches for Oliver and Gregory, they hear the building's fire alarms go off. They debate for a moment as to who they should try to find before running to the daycare, reasoning that their brother would be smart enough to get out as soon as possible. They find a damaged and melting Sun in the daycare, helping him up and trying to get him out of the Pizzaplex. As they get to the main entrance, the roof collapses and the two are crushed under the rubble.