Chapter 68

You stayed curled up next to Eclipse for the next few hours, only really moving to get into a more comfortable position. You never really explained to him what had happened. You couldn't. You were so scared that the other side of Eclipse would come back if you said anything. He didn't respond very much to your crying, but still held you close and rubbed circles into your back.

"Are you feeling better?" he eventually asked.

You nodded, your grip on him tightening.

"I miss them... I miss them so much," you whispered.

"Who?" Eclipse asked.

"Sun and Moon. I h-had to leave them and... and I want them back so bad," you said.

"You'll see them again," he said. Then, you felt a small kiss being pressed to the top of your head.

That one small action sent another wave of tears over you as you started sobbing again.

"I hate this! I hate this so much! I just wanted to live a normal fucking life! I wanted to be a normal person with a normal job but no! Apparently I'm not allowed to have that!" you cried.

Eclipse just continued to hug you, rubbing your back as he nuzzled the top of your head. The sound of the door opening caused you to shoot up, trying to push yourself away from the animatronic. You saw Oliver walk into the house, carefully shutting the door behind him.

"Ollie!" you exclaimed.

"Hi, (y/n)- whoa! Who is that!" Oliver said, pointing at Eclipse.

You felt panic and fear envelop your whole body. You saw Eclipse get up from the floor and walk over to him. However, before you could react, he reached a hand out and smiled at the (h/c) boy.

"Hello, little one. It's nice to meet you. I'm Eclipse," he said.

"It's nice to meet you! I'm Oliver! You talk like Mr. Moon," Oliver said, smiling and shaking Eclipse's hand. He glanced over at you, a worried look taking over his face. "(y/n)? Why is your face wet?"

"It's... it's nothing. Don't worry, okay?" you said, forcing a smile as you wiped away your tears.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"I'm sure. I'll be fine, alright? Your big sib is strong!" you said, picking him up.

"The strongest!" he said, laughing. You nodded, kissing his forehead. "So, is Mr. Eclipse the animatronic you've been working on?"

"No, not exactly. He's a super secret animatronic that is gonna be a surprise for Ms. Williams," you lied.

"Oh! Super secret!" he said, covering his mouth.

"Yup! So you gotta be very quiet about it," you said.

Oliver smiled and nodded. "Can Mr. Eclipse and I go play?"

You glanced over at Eclipse, seeing the animatronic give you a small smile. Well, you could at least take comfort in the fact that you were in your own home and could be sure that Oliver wouldn't get dropped from anywhere high up.

"Alright, you two can play," you said.

"Yay!" Oliver exclaimed. He jumped out of your arms and ran over to Eclipse, pulling him down the hall presumably towards his room.

You sighed, shaking your head. Grabbing your phone, you saw a few texts from Peter explaining that the daycare needed to close early cause a kid got sick and threw up everywhere and that he would be dropping Oliver off at your place. You must've missed it when you were crying. You went back into the garage for a minute to grab your computer before taking it out into the living room. Taking one glance down the hall, you saw that Oliver had left his door open, allowing you to hear little bits of their conversation. It made you feel safer. You'd be able to hear him if Eclipse tried anything.

For the next few hours, you sat in the living room, working on the programming for the new animatronic you were making. You could hear Oliver and Eclipse happily talking, the sound of Oliver's laughter echoing down the halls. You felt as if your body was acutely aware of the tone of his voice, listening for even the slightest change in tone. Eventually, though, it started getting late enough into the evening that you knew you'd need to power off Eclipse for the night. Even though he was safe around Oliver right now, you didn't want to risk anything. He was all you really had left.

Standing up, you walked back to Oliver's room and poked your head in.

"Alright, playtime is gonna have to end. It's time for Eclipse to be shut down for the night," you said.

"Aw! Can't he stay up for a little longer?" Oliver asked.

"Nope. You can play with him later," you said.

"Please!" he whined.

"It's alright, little one. We can play again tomorrow," Eclipse said, gently patting Oliver's head.

"Hm... fine," Oliver mumbled.

You gently ruffled Oliver's hair, causing the boy to laugh before you took Eclipse out of the room and back into the garage.

"Alright, back on the workbench," you said, patting the open space on the workbench where you normally had Eclipse charge.

You watched as the animatronic silently got up on the table, sitting down and staring down at you. You reached up, pressing the switch on the back of his head and watching him power off.

"(y/n)...? Did he really need to be turned off?"

You looked over your shoulder, seeing Oliver standing in the doorway to the garage. He was holding his hands to his chest and looking like he was going to cry.

"Yeah... he was... very buggy earlier. I didn't want him to run for too long and get too buggy," you said.

"He wasn't buggy when he was playing with me," he mumbled.

"I know, but he was when I was working on his programming earlier. I just didn't want there to be a glitch that would get you hurt," you said, walking over and kneeling in front of the boy.

"... just like Mr. Moon?" he whispered.

"Yeah, like Mr. Moon," you said. You saw Oliver's frown deepen, causing your chest to hurt. "Hey, why don't we have dinner at Freddy's? We can go say hi to everyone."

"Really?" he asked, his eyes widening.

"Yup!" you said, smiling.

Oliver smiled and nodded, hugging you tightly. "Thank you!"

You laughed, hugging him back. "It's no problem."