Chapter 45

Ms. Williams led you, Monty, and Sun to the maintenance hall. Sun kept one point of contact with you the entire time, doing things like holding your hand, rubbing your back, giving you a sided hug. The gestures were all very sweet.

Once at the maintenance hall, Ms. Williams had Sun go into the giant tube first. She strapped him down to the table and exited before closing the door behind her.

"Alright, let's see if we can find what's wrong," she mumbled.

You watched as she began typing and scrolling on the computer. You moved to sit on one of the empty tables, Monty taking a seat next to you.

"You doin' okay there, kid?" he asked.

"Yeah... I think I'll be fine," you mumbled.

"Try not to worry, okay? You'll make Freddy and Sun worry and when those two start worryin' over something, it never turns out okay," he said, letting out a small chuckle.

You let out a small laugh as well.

"Alright, I'll try not to worry," you said.

Monty smiled and ruffled the top of your hair.

"(y/n), I want you to come look at this," Ms. Williams called.

You got off of the table and walked over to her, leaning over her shoulder.

"Look here. Someone changed Moon's programming. If I'm reading this right, it's not actively harmful. However, it could be prone to glitches," she explained, showing you a large block of code.

"So... what does that mean?" you slowly asked.

"Well, I'm not sure. Personally, I'm fine with letting the attendant continue to be active and taking care of anyone in the daycare. But, I'm not sure how okay any of the other managers are with this. I'll talk to them tomorrow, but I'm fine with letting the attendant continue to run until we can get Moon's old programming back," she said. She paused for a minute, seeming to think over her words. "Just... make sure you keep a close eye on him. I'll have a few security guards stationed around the daycare for the first week or so, just in case."

"Alright, I'll make sure everyone at the daycare is safe," you said.

"Wonderful. Now," she said, clapping her hands together, "let's get Monty's upgrades done, shall we?"

After opening up the tube and bringing Sun out, Monty walked into the chamber and took his place. You helped Ms. Williams strap him down to the table before she started showing you how to take off and replace Monty's hands. She did a demonstration on one hand before having you try on the other one.

"Careful, dear," Ms. Williams said, gently grabbing your hand before you connected two of the wires.

You glanced down at the wires you were trying to connect, letting out a small "oh" when you realized they weren't meant to go together.

"It's alright, just be careful and always double check," she said.

"You're doing a wonderful job, Sunshine!" Sun called from the entrance to the chamber.

You smiled, giving him a thumbs up. You were a lot slower then Ms. Williams, but you were eventually able to get his new hand attached. Once you were done, you and Ms. Williams unstrapped Monty from the table and let him get up. He rubbed his wrists, a small smile on his face.

"Finally, I thought you were gonna leave me with one hand," he chuckled.

"Oh, hush. They got your hand back on, that's all that matters," Ms. Williams said.

"You did such a good job, Sunshine! I'm so impressed!" Sun exclaimed, pulling you into a hug.

You laughed and hugged him back, resting your head on his shoulder.

"Well, why don't you two go find the others. I'd like to talk with (y/n) a bit more," Ms. Williams said.

"Yes, ma'am!" Sun said, saluting the black-haired woman while Monty just nodded.

The two left via Monty's green room door, Sun waving to you as he left.

"So, what's up?" you asked.

"Well, I'd like to give you a bit of personal training. With the attendant's coding having been tampered with and Peter being the only one at the daycare who has a basic idea of what that coding is supposed to look like, I think it would be best if we had at least one of you know how to program the animatronics," she explained.

"And why not Peter?" you asked.

"He's a daycare worker first, and a maintenance worker second. You are a maintenance worker first. Besides, you are, in a sense, related to Bill. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have you grow to take his place," she said.

You nodded, following her out of the maintenance hall and back to her office. She began digging around through the drawers.

"Now, let's see about finding that extra copy of Moon's programming," she mumbled.

"Is it not on the computer?" you asked.

"Sadly, no. It's 'too easy to mess with' as the main office puts it. To that, I say it's too easy to steal if it's anywhere but a computer..." she said, grumbling the last part.

"And we can't just compare it to Sun's programming?" you asked.

"Yes and no. They share a lot of the same basic functions, but everything else is completely different. Even how they're programmed to take care of kids has some variation. If we were to use Sun's programming, we risk making a second Sun," she explained. She let out a small sigh, closing the drawer she was working on and looking over at you and putting on a small smile. "I don't think we'd want a loud and hyper naptime animatronic."

"Definitely not. I think the kids would kill us before management did," you joked.

"Absolutely. Some of those little ones get so grumpy when they don't get their naps," she said, laughing.

"Oliver used to be like that. If I interrupted his naps, he'd get so mad he'd start crying," you said.

Ms. Williams laughed, walking over to the computer and signing in. "I'd be mad as well if someone disturbed my beauty sleep." She stepped away from the computer, motioning you over. "Why don't you start going through some of the basic programming videos I have saved? It should help give you a base for everything I want to teach you," she said.

You nodded, taking a seat at the computer and booting up the first video.