Epilogue Pt. 5

"Woah..." Oliver whispered, staring up at the ceiling.

He shined his flashlight up, the light not being able to reach the ceiling. The entire cavern was dimly lit by the glow of the mushrooms. It reminded Oliver of the fazerblast game. Then, he realized something.

"Mr. Sun? Why hasn't Mr. Moon come out?" he asked.

"I believe Eclipse is keeping him at bay. It's really the first time that program has done some good for us," Sun said, mumbling the last part. Though, Oliver still heard him. "M-maybe it's a good thing, though! I mean, Moon isn't feeling well, a-and I can keep you safe!"

"I don't need to be protected. I can take care of myself. I'm almost ten now!" Oliver said, glaring at the attendant.

"I know, it's just... you're the one thing I have left of (y/n). I can't risk losing you too."

Oliver nodded, feeling an invisible weight on his chest. His throat tightened up as he clenched his fists.

"I know... but I'm not a little kid anymore. I can do things on my own," he mumbled.

He noticed a hole with a soft light filtering from it across the cavern.

"Do you think Cassie is there?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. I don't think it's a good idea for you to go over there, though. I won't be able to protect you," Sun said.

"Why?" Oliver asked.

He watched Sun just gesture to himself, causing the young boy to let out a small "oh". He turned back to the hole, shining his flashlight at it.

"Well, I'm going across. I'm not scared of whatever is over there," he said.

"Oliver-"

"I can handle it! I'm gonna be brave like (y/n)! I'm not scared of anything anymore!" he exclaimed.

"At least come back if there are any dangerous animatronics! I know you're not scared, but that doesn't make you indestructible!" Sun said.

With a nod, Oliver took off his shoes, rolled up his pant legs, and began wading into the water. It didn't do him much good; the water went far past his knees and nearly to his chest. At least he'd have dry shoes and socks. Once on the other side of the underground lake, he put his shoes back on and began walking through the now exposed storage area.

Surprisingly, the part forward was pretty clear and straightforward. He passed a few rooms, one of which held a busted up old animatronic that looked beyond dead, before going down a flight of stairs that led straight into an unsettlingly familiar room. He stared at the busted up charging station for a moment. Part of him was convinced something would pop up from within it. With the shake of his head, he snapped his attention away from the cursed object and back onto the task at hand. Taking another flight of stairs down and through what looked like a collapsed tunnel, he was met with the room that was home to a new set of horrifying memories.

The room was mostly the same, save for a few new machines and a massive hole in the wall. Stepping up to the hole, he poked his head in and looked around. It was pitch black, save for some faint light coming from another hole on the opposite side of the room. He could make out the shapes of some sort of animatronic casing. It didn't look plastic, though. It bent in really funny ways that he hadn't seen plastic ever bend in.

"Cassie! Where are you?" Oliver called, looking around the room.

He could hear a mechanical shriek off in the distance, causing him to tense up. Then, he heard footsteps. Big, heavy footsteps. Choking back a scream, he darted into a nearby hole in the wall, shuffling back as far as he could and clicking off his flashlight. As the stomping grew closer, he squeezed his eyes shut and brought his knees to his chest.

Then, there was another shriek. Oliver's eyes snapped open and he saw a mechanical figure lumbered past him. It looked like an endoskeleton, with razor sharp claws and glowing red eyes. He could feel his breathing growing heavy as he covered his mouth. He watched the creature wander about the room. While it didn't seem to know where the boy was, it was still uncomfortably close.

Without thinking, Oliver let out a whimper.

There was a moment of silence.

Bam!

Oliver screamed, the endoskeleton suddenly in front of him and ripping at the wooden support beams that covered the small hole. He scrambled back, trying to find more space to crawl back into. The creature reached for him with a broken arm, the hand completely missing. It had torn away all the wooden supports at this point, but its frame was too big to fit into the small gap.

Gasping for breath, Oliver curled up on himself.

"Y-you can't get me, dummy!" he said, a tremble to his voice.

The creature backed off slightly, its head tilting. Just when the boy thought it would give up and leave him alone, it spoke.

"I can- get you," it said, its voice sounding like Gregory's at first before switching into Oliver's.

The boy screamed as the creature began to tear at the rock and concrete that made up the entrance to the hole. Every time it reached for him, he'd kick at it's hand.

"Get away from me! Get away from me!" Oliver screamed.

"Leave that precious boy alone!"

The creature was suddenly torn away from the entrance to the hole. Oliver watched as none other than Sun grappled with the endoskeleton. The two both let out their own screams as they clawed and ripped at one another. Bits of cloth were fluttering to the ground along with small chunks of metal. He could feel his body trembling as Sun screamed at the creature. He never saw Sun as a violent animatronic. Oliver didn't even think he couldn't even damage something if he tried. Seeing him tear into this animatronic didn't feel right. It felt like something Moon would do. But Moon wasn't able to take over, right?

Suddenly, Sun was ripped off the endo and thrown across the room. He slammed into the wall with a loud thud.

"Mr. Sun!"

"Get away from them!"