Chapter 46

A few hours went by. Ms. Williams had dug through all of the cabinets, looking for a copy of Moon’s programming. You watched video after video, doing training exercise after training exercise. It was borning, but it surprisingly came to you like it was second nature. All those unfamiliar lines of code you remembered reading off of Eclipe’s chip were slowly beginning to make some sort of sense.

“Alright, I need to head up front to go talk to some cops. You just stay here, for now,” she said.

You nodded and watched her leave the room, closing the door behind her. Once her footsteps faded, you got up and walked over to the filing cabinets. You began digging around through them. You were looking for… something. You weren’t quite sure what, but you’d know it when you saw it.

Upon realizing what you were doing, you yanked your hands away from the cabinet and backed away. What the hell were you thinking? You shouldn’t be digging through cabinets in someone else’s office. You shouldn’t be trying to take company property. You could get fired.

You closed the drawer and were about to go back to watching the training videos when you stopped. You could hear something. You began to take notice that it felt like you were being watched. Slowly beginning to recognize a sort of pattern with these feelings, you made your way over to the vent that was up on the office wall, carefully grabbing a chair and pulling it over as quietly as possible. You climbed up and looked into the vents. All you could see was a wall of darkness about a foot and a half down. 

You grabbed your phone and turned on the flashlight, taking a deep breath before you shined it down the vent. Instead of the emptiness you had been expecting, and silently begging for, you were face to face with a wide-eyed Eclipse. You choked down a scream, nearly falling off of the chair. Eclipse had a similar reaction, flinching back and scrambling to try and get himself turned around.

“Eclipse! Hey!” you hissed, steadying yourself and trying to pull the vent grate off of the wall.

Instead of a response or him relaxing and trying to help, he turned and began crawling further into the vents.

“Eclipse! Get back here!” you said.

Before you were able to get the grate off, you heard the sound of footsteps approaching. You reluctantly got off the chair, pulling it back to where you found it before taking a seat in front of the computer and hitting play on the training video you had been watching. A few seconds later, the door opened. Ms. Williams walked in with two police officers.

“Sorry to disturb you. There’s some legal stuff I need to deal with. Why don’t you go watch over the animatronics? They should be in the dining area,” she suggested.

You nodded, pausing your video again and leaving the room. You took one last glance back as you left, watching as Ms. Williams talked with the police. As you walked, you kept glancing at the vents. You were confused as to why Eclipse ran from you. What had gotten into him? You knew you’d need to find him soon. There was something very wrong with him, you couldn’t leave him alone in the building.

Upon reaching the dining area, you saw all of the animatronics sitting at a table with Oliver. The young boy looked like he was drawing on something, hopefully not the table, while everyone else talked. You walked over, picking Oliver up and taking a seat before setting him back down on your lap.

"Sunshine! You're back!" Sun exclaimed, pulling you into a hug. You laughed and hugged him back.

"What did the boss lady want to talk to you about?" Monty asked.

"She was just showing me some training videos. Nothing too big," you said, shrugging.

"What did you learn?" Chica asked.

"Basic programming. I've still got more videos and lessons to do, though," you said. You noticed Oliver continuing to draw on a piece of paper. "Whatcha drawing, bud?" you asked.

"The best pizza in the world," he said
.
"Oh yeah? And what does the best pizza in the world have on it?" you asked.

"It's got marshmallows and chocolate and bananas and the sauce is strawberry jam and the cheese is… uh… I don't know what the cheese is," he said.

"White chocolate?" Chica suggested.

"Chocolate can be white?" he asked, looking up and tilting his head.

Roxanne covered her mouth and let out a snort while Monty burst out laughing. Freddy and Chica both let out small laughs. You just smiled and rolled your eyes while Sun reached over and patted the confused Oliver on the head.

"Yup. There's a lot of different kinds of chocolate," you said.

"I wanna try all of them!" Oliver exclaimed.

"Not in one day, mister. That's too much sugar," you said.

"But I wanna try all of them now!" he whined.

"Nope. Not happening," you said.

A small argument started between you and Oliver over whether or not he should be able to have a bunch of chocolate. The animatronics began to take sides; Freddy and Sun trying to explain to Oliver why having a lot of sugar wasn't good for him, Roxanne and Monty egging Oliver on and saying that you should let him, much to your displeasure, and Chica saying that she really had no right to say anything in this situation.

"What is going on over here?"

You looked over to see Ms. Williams standing a few meters away with the two police officers.

"Just trying to explain why someone shouldn't have a lot of sugar," you said.

The woman let out a small laugh and nodded. "Well, why don't you all have that conversation some other time."