Chapter 69

Leading Oliver into the Pizzaplex, you went straight for the front desk. You saw Dave sitting behind it, a bored look on his face.

"Hey," you said, a small smile on your face.

"Hey, didn't expect to see you here," Dave said, smiling once he noticed you.

"Thought I'd take Ollie to hang out here for a bit," you said, shrugging. "How have things been here? Are all the animatronics doing okay?"

"Yeah, the main four and the DJ are all doing fine. Well, kinda. Monty's anger has gotten worse and Roxy has gotten too competitive and started trying to run kids off the raceway. Even Chica is acting up, eating literally anything she can get her hands on. Freddy and the DJ are the only two normal animatronics around here," he explained, slouching over the counter.

"What about the daycare? Is that still closed?" you asked.

"Yeah. Can't seem to figure out what's wrong with the attendant. Might have to scrap him if things don't get solved soon," he said. You slowly nodded. "Try not to worry about it too much, okay? Veronica is fighting tooth and nail to keep these bots going. Go enjoy your time here."

"Alright, we'll try," you said.

"Bye bye!" Oliver called, waving to Dave as you scanned your security badge to get through the gates.

The first place you went to was Gator Golf. It was concerning to you that Monty had gotten more violent.

"Monty?" you called, entering the attraction.

"Mr. Monty!" Oliver called as well, cupping his hands over his mouth.

You could hear footsteps above you, looking up to see the figure of Monty running along the catwalks towards the stairs. Within a minute, he was down on the main floor, skidding to a stop in front of you.

"The heck are you doing here, kid? I thought you got fired," he said.

"No, just started working from home," you said.

"Hi Mr. Monty!" Oliver exclaimed, smiling and waving at the alligator animatronic.

Monty let out a small chuckle, walking over and patting Oliver's head. "What's up, kid?" he asked.

"Can't tell you. (y/n) said to keep it a secret," Oliver said, letting out a small laugh.

"Secrets, huh? You keepin' secrets from us, (y/n)?" Monty asked, leaning forward with a smirk on his face.

You let out a nervous laugh, shaking your head. "Secrets? Me? No!"

"But you said not to say-"

"Kids, am I right?" you said, your cheeks going red. You felt Oliver lick your hand, causing you to roll your eyes. "You know that doesn't work on me."

"Whatever you say," Monty said, shrugging and leaning back.

"So, Dave said you were getting more... violent?" you asked.

You heard Monty huff and his expression changed to one of annoyance.

"I ain't getting violent. Those guys are just pissing me off," he grumbled.

"Do you want me to try and come back and work here?" you asked.

"Nah, I heard Ms. Williams say you were working from home 'cause you were too stressed. If you don't like working here, you shouldn't force yourself to come back," he said.

You nodded. "I'll try and come back sometime soon."

"Just don't overwork yourself, ok kid?" Monty said.

"Got it," you said.

After chatting with Monty for a little longer, you and Oliver eventually left. You spent most of the night eating pizza, playing arcade games, and even trying out Fazer Blast for the first time. You didn't win, but Oliver was so happy to play. Eventually, though, you had to head home. During the drive home, Oliver fell asleep in the back of the car. You had to pick him up and bring him back to his room once home. However, instead of going to sleep like your brother, you stayed up. You wandered the house, knowing that you needed to do something but not sure as to what.

You know what you need to do.

"How many times have I told you, I don't fucking know," you hissed.

You know what you need to do.

Taking a deep breath, you closed your eyes. Now was not the time for you to be hearing these voices, to be having these thoughts. You opened your eyes and suppressed a scream, realizing you were now in front of one of the bedroom doors. You moved back, looking around. You realized you were standing outside of Bill's room. You didn't even know how you got here. You didn't feel your body moving. A wave of realization crashed over you as you bolted over to Oliver's room. What if you had gone into his room? Hurt him? Killed him?

Opening the door, you saw Oliver laying in his bed. You quietly walked over, holding a hand over his mouth. He was still breathing. You let out a sigh of relief, taking a seat on the bed. He was safe. However, you knew you couldn't keep him here any more. You'd have to have him go stay with Peter and Katie. If you were losing control of your actions, you couldn't keep Oliver with you anymore. But for now, you'd need to just go back to your room and get some sleep. You could talk to Peter in the morning.

Walking back to your room, you stopped and turned to look back at Bill's room. There was something in there, something that the voice in your head wanted. Deep down, you knew it was whatever was underneath that trap door. You were tempted to go down and see what exactly was down there, quell both the demands from the voice in your head as well as your own curiosity. However, you were scared that whatever was down there was dangerous, that it could get out and hurt people. For now, though, you'd just leave it alone. Maybe once Oliver was out of the house, you could start digging around. Until then, you'd just have to leave it.