Chapter 84

Content Warning:

This chapter contains attempted manipulation and eye trauma. If this is something you are uncomfortable with, there will be a summary provided at the end of the chapter.

<><><><><>

Your attention was grabbed when you heard the sound of Monty and Chica chasing after someone. Running over to where the noise was coming from, you almost missed Gregory and Oliver darting past you. Oliver almost slammed into your leg, Gregory having to pull him out of the way before he charged into you.

"Why you little-" you hissed, charging after the two.

The two boys weaved through the rows of arcade cabinets, eventually managing to get out of your sight and hide somewhere. You looked around, slowing your run to a walk as you searched for the two.

"You two are really good at playing hide and seek, aren't you?" you called. No response. "It's such a shame you two are so good at hiding. I was hoping to talk to one of you. I thought we could sort things out in a less... violent way."

There were a few seconds of silence before you heard the sound of small footsteps walking towards you. Oliver shuffled out from behind one of the cabinets, looking scared. Gregory, however, did not come out. Oliver either ran off from him on his own, or Oliver had offered to distract you for him so he could do whatever the two were planning on doing while here.

"You wanna... talk?" he asked.

"Yes! Let's talk things out! We don't really need to be chasing the two of you, do we? It's so pointless," you said, crouching down to his level.

"Why?"

"Because what's the point in only one of us getting what we want when we could all get what we want?"

"What do you mean?"

"Listen, you weren't... intended to be involved in all of this. Gregory is really the only one we're after. You? You just stumbled into all of this by accident. And I would be a horrible person for punishing you for something you didn't mean to do."

"What about my sibling? What did you do to them?"

"They're fine. I can bring them back whenever you want. All I need you to do for me, though, is to find Gregory and bring him to me, okay? If you do that, you and your sibling can leave this place scott free! You just have to promise not to tell anyone about this. It'll be our little secret."

"What are you gonna do to Gregory? And what about Mr. Sun and Mr. Moon? And Monty and Freddy?"

"I just need to... talk to Gregory. He's been making my job very, very hard. And the other animatronics? They'll be fine. I can even let you take Mr. Sun and Mr. Moon home. No one will notice them being gone. We'll fix up Monty and Freddy and everything will go back to normal. No more scary robots, no more killer rabbit ladies, no more lies or sadness. Everything will be just the way you want it. Doesn't that sound nice?"

Then, the lights went out and you heard the overhead speaker turn on.

"The West Arcade was not shut down properly. Some data may be corrupted. Initializing startup sequence. Before proceeding, reset the audio manager circuit breaker located next to the dance floor."

You let out a sigh, shaking your head. You stood up, leaning against one of the railings.

"All I need is for you to help me, Oliver. Then, you and your sibling can be happy together and live a normal life," you said.

"And if I help you, no one's gonna die?" he asked.

"No. No one will die."

You held your hand out, smiling down at the (h/c)-haired boy. He stared at you for a few seconds before he took a step. Then another, and another, until he was right in front of you.

"Get out of (y/n)'s body!"

In a split second, you were falling over the railing. For a moment, you were in complete shock that he had pushed you over the raining, but then you smirked. So that's how this was going to be? You could work with this. Your body slammed into one of the arcade cabinets, bouncing off of it before falling to the ground. For a moment, everything went black. There was no sound, no sense of touch, no smell, nothing. It felt like you were floating in an empty void. Then, the sound of the arcade slowly started to come back with your vision following soon after. You sat up, looking around. The arcade was empty, save for the Staff Bots and DJ. You felt something moving inside your head, like something had popped loose. Taking off the bandages that covered your face, you tilted your head forward and watched as your right eye fell out and into your hand. It was disgusting, but after what you had seen earlier, you thought this was definitely better. Glancing at the arm that was holding your eye, you noticed how bent out of shape it was.

That's when it hit you. You were you. You were controlling your actions, you weren't being controlled by whatever that voice was. You were free. Well, as far as you could tell you were. For all you knew, that voice could still be waiting to take control of you again. For now, though, you were free.

"Alright, Oliver. Where did you go?" you mumbled. Shoving the glass eye into your pocket, you left the Fazcade.

You ran back into the Main Atrium only for the light to go off. It was 5:50. Had you really been out for that long? You ran as fast as you could to one of the elevators only to find that it wasn't working.

"Shit," you cussed under your breath.

You remembered Kids Cove had a door that connected to the Daycare and the main entrance to Kids Cove was in the Main Atrium. If you hurry, you should be able to catch Gregory and Oliver as soon as they get to the entrance. Running over to Kids Cove, you looked around for the entrance. The only one you could see was a metal door that didn't seem to want to open either. You noticed a vent close by that had the grate taken off. Hoisting yourself up, you crawled into the vent. It was cramped and you had to army crawl your way through, and your lack of an eye wasn't helping you in terms of getting through this quickly, but after a few minutes you made it to an opening to the daycare. However, the vent grate hadn't been removed. It was still securely bolted to the vent itself. You tried to maneuver yourself around to where you could kick the vent grate, but weren't able to. You had to keep going further into the ventilation system until you found a spot where the vent went vertical. As you stood up and turned around, you heard the unmistakable announcement of the main doors opening.

"No... no, no, no!" you yelled.

You moved as fast as you could, getting to the vent grate and kicking it out before dropping onto the floor just outside the Daycare. You had to get to them, before they were gone.

<><><><><>

After hearing the sound of commotion, the MC runs into Oliver and Gregory who are able to hide from them. After calling out to the two, Oliver comes out while Gregory is nowhere to be found. The MC believes this is either Oliver being naïve or trying to buy Gregory time. The MC begins to try and manipulate Oliver into helping them find Gregory, telling him they won't actually hurt him and they just need to "talk things out". Oliver pretends to believe the MC before pushing them over a railing while telling the virus to get out of the MC's body. The MC blacks out from the fall and when they wake up, they find that the virus has, at the very least, gone dormant. They run to try and find Oliver and Gregory before the main doors open and the two can leave.