Epilogue Pt. 3

Oliver felt his eyes start to sting as his throat tightened. Did this count as seeing a dead body? He felt nauseous enough to feel like it did. Their body was twisted and contorted in all sorts of strange ways, metal bars and wires sticking out through tears in what Oliver recently learned was silicone skin. Most of their clothes were in pretty rough shape, being tattered and torn.

He watched as Eclipse lifted his sibling up, turning back to Oliver and Gregory.

"Alright, we found them. Is there anything I can do to help you two now?" he asked.

"Um... can you help me rebuild them? You're a robot, so you know how other robots work, right?" Oliver asked.

"Well, I can try. But I make no promises, little one," Eclipse said.

"I'm gonna go look around for Cassie. Even if she's dead, I still wanna know what happened to her," Gregory said.

"Oh! You're talking about the little girl who rebooted me!" Eclipse exclaimed.

"You know where she is?"

"No, I had her leave since the daycare is not in any condition to let children play here. I assumed she left."

"No! She's still in here and- and there was this... thing that was tricking her!"

"Oh dear, that's not good at all." Eclipse turned to look down at Oliver. "Little boy, I know I said I'd try to help you fix your sibling, but right now a child is in danger and it would be wrong of me to let them get hurt. Can we save fixing your sibling until after we make sure this child is safe?"

Oliver stared at the ground and slowly nodded. He wanted (y/n) back but... Cassie was more important. She didn't have a robotic body that could be rebuilt. And besides, maybe they could find the other animatronics and save them. Gregory had been talking about wanting to look for them and rebuild them. He had said that he felt a little bad about hurting them. They needed some of those parts to help get out of the Pizzaplex, but both of them knew Freddy was right when saying the animatronics weren't in their right minds.

"Do you know where this little girl could be?" Eclipse asked.

"I think she might be somewhere by the raceway? Whenever I caught bits of her conversations on my radio, I heard her mention the raceway twice," Gregory said.

"Then I shall accompany the two of you to the raceway."

As Eclipse led the way with Gregory following behind, Oliver gave one last glance at his sibling. The jacket they had been wearing was surprisingly intact. At least, more intact than the rest of their clothes. Carefully slipping the jacket off of (y/n), he wrapped it around himself and closed his eyes. It felt like they were hugging him.

"Oliver! Please follow me! It's not safe for you to be alone!"

"Coming, Mr. Eclipse!"

Navigating through the Pizzaplex was a challenge. There were lots of piles of rubble that would need to be moved; paths were blocked and new routes needed to be found. Eclipse insisted on doing all the heavy lifting. As he put it, "little kids shouldn't be trying to move sharp and heavy objects". Oliver got where he was coming from, but he also wasn't a little kid. Not anymore. He was nine, less than a year away now from being in his double digits. He wasn't a little kid anymore.

"They really need to clean this place up! This is not at all safe for little kids. How do they expect to open in the morning with the building looking like this?"

Oliver pursed his lips as he walked through part of the main atrium. Did Eclipse really think the building was going to be opened? Maybe Sun had been in some sort of denial about the building collapsing and it affected Eclipse? Whatever was happening, Oliver could feel himself growing more and more frustrated with these comments.

"The Pizzaplex isn't gonna open again," he grumbled.

"What do you mean? Of course it does! It opens every day at eight AM! And the workers get here at six, but two hours of prep is not enough time to-"

"It's not gonna open, ok? It's been closed for months!" Oliver yelled, stomping his foot.

"Oliver's right. The Pizzaplex has been like this for months and no one knows what to do with it," Gregory said.

"But... they wouldn't just leave all the animatronics here... right?" Eclipse asked.

Oliver watched Gregory just shrug and continue walking. "They don't know you're active. They think everyone got crushed."

"Did they?" Oliver asked.

Gregory turned around, raising an eyebrow at the little boy.

"I-I mean, did they actually get crushed? The attendant is alive and there was that thing that got to Cassie. What if the other animatronics are still roaming?"

"Hm... maybe. They could still be dangerous if they are, though."

Oliver felt a metallic hand wrap around his shoulder, slowly pulling him back. Gregory had been pulled back next to him, the two boys looking up to see Eclipse staring at something in the distance. Oliver tried looking to where the attendant was staring, not seeing anything out of the ordinary. His eyes focused in and out, trying to catch the oddity in the room. Then, he saw it: a shuffling figure near the Fazerblast entrance. It was a lot more top heavy. Its movements were similar to Chica's as it shuffled between piles of rubble, its arms limply swaying. But, it couldn't be Chica. It wasn't the same slim figure, it was more like a hunchback.

"What is that?" Oliver whispered.

"Not good, now let's get the two of you out of here," Eclipse said, ushering the two boys to Roxy's raceway.

The two were pulled towards the entrance occasionally being stopped whenever something, presumably the thing shuffling around, made a noise. After a few minutes of darting from rubble pile to rubble pile, the three were finally at the raceway. Eclipse helped them through a small hole in the entrance before slipping through himself, tumbling down and looking slightly dazed.

"Are you alright?" Oliver asked, trying to help the attendant back up.

"I am quite alright, little one. Let's just find your friend and get back to your sibling," he said, lightly ruffling his hair.

Out of the corner of his eye, Oliver noticed Gregory running around the area, calling out Cassie's name.

"Gregory! Do you know where Cassie went?" Oliver asked.

"I think she went to that room with the creepy animatronic rabbit. She said something about an elevator in the raceway, so that's the only place I can think of," he said.

"Then let's go to the elevator."

"But... there isn't an elevator in the raceway," Eclipse said.

"Yeah there is. We went down it," Gregory stated.

"Well, if it's not part of the building's original layout, then it's not safe. We'll find another way to get to her."

"But there is no other way! We have to go down the elevator!"