Epilogue Pt. 9

Before long, the others were able to rejoin you. Gregory had apparently managed to get to a phone to call Peter, who was going to be able to pick all of you up in an hour. You mostly spent your time just trying to clear a path back to the entrance. The winding path created by piles of rubble was really not helping you much. You, Eclipse, and Chica would have to work together to clear paths that were otherwise a dead end.

You were nearing the building's exit. Glancing around, you noticed just how tired the kids looked. Cassie and Oliver seemed especially out of it, the two frequently relying on each other or one of the animatronics to keep them standing.

"... hey, what happened to Bonnie?" Cassie asked.

You glanced down at her. "Why? Was he one of your favorites?"

"N-no, I just... saw him. He was in Bonnie Bowl," she said.

"That... not possible. He was decommissioned. I was there for it," you said.

"But I know I saw him! Honest!" Cassie exclaimed.

"Maybe it was that mask you were wearing? You told me that thing made you see some pretty weird things," Gregory said.

"I know what I saw..." you heard Cassie whisper.

With a sigh, you shook your head. Placing a hand on her shoulder, you set Monty down.

"Alright, say you are correct about Bonnie being down here. I'd have a lot of concerns as to why. He shouldn't be in the Pizzaplex anymore. So, just to make sure this wasn't a trick of her mind, I'm going to go with Cassie. We'll come right back," you said.

"I'll go with," Roxy said.

"Sorry to break it to you, but I don't think you'll be able to do much of anything without your eyes," you said.

"I can go with, if that would make you feel better," Eclipse said.

"You just wanna get some alone time with your partner, Sun," Roxy growled.

"What," Oliver said.

"... I'm not Sun," Eclipse said.

Roxy just faced his general direction, though it was easy to see her look of complete bafflement. You gently pat her shoulder, trying to keep your expression normal.

"Just take Monty for me. We won't be long, I promise," you said.

With a huff, Roxy let you lift Monty onto her shoulders. Once he was safely secured, you gave the group a wave as you, Cassie, and Eclipse made your way back to Bonnie Bowl. Cassie seemed a little confused the entire way, looking down at a creepy looking bunny mask she had been holding on to.

"You're a lot different than I thought," she said.

"Yeah? How so?" you asked.

"Oliver always said you were this really cool person who did a lot of cool stuff and was like this awesome robot. But you're not really what I thought," she said.

"Is that good or bad?"

Cassie just shrugged. You frowned slightly. You didn't find her comments rude, but something about her mood just felt off. The more you watched her movements and actions, the more out of touch she seemed. It was like she couldn't tell if she was in a dream. You reached down and picked her up, causing the brown-haired girl to flinch as you put her on your shoulders.

"You really shouldn't be walking on an injured leg," you said, gesturing to one of her legs that had a very obvious limp.

"R-right, sorry," she mumbled.

"It's ok. One of us should've been carrying you in the first place," you said.

She hummed, and you could feel her resting her chin on top of your head.

"What did Roxy mean by Sun being your partner?" she asked.

"It's a very, very long story."

"Do we have time for it?"

"I'd rather wait until Oliver can hear it as well."

You could hear Eclipse let out a small chuckle, causing you to shoot him a small but somewhat playful glare.

Before long, you had managed to find a way into Bonnie Bowling. It was in a state of complete disarray. There were piles upon piles of arcade cabinets, tables, and other furniture and decorations in the rooms. If you had to take a guess, they were already planning to tear down this part of the Pizzaplex before it was shut down.

"He's over in the last lane, behind where all the bowling pins get swept into," Cassie said, pointing down the room.

You nodded, walking further in and eyeing all the bowling lanes. You could see the panel from the one at the end had been raised, the outline of a hole in the wall now visible because of it. The closer you got, the more visible it became. It was definitely big enough for you to fit through. Setting Cassie down, you started to climb through the hole.

"You two stay out here. I'll let you know if I need help," you said.

Eclipse just nodded while Cassie took a seat against the wall. As you climbed in, you looked around the room. Sitting in the middle was a pile of something that definitely resembled the shape of Bonnie. With a shaky sigh, you hauled him onto your back, having to carry his broken off legs under your arms. Somehow, by sheer luck, you were able to maneuver your way back out of the hole in the wall with him. Cassie quickly stood up, stumbling slightly as she pointed at the animatronic on your back.

"I told you! I told you he was back here!" she exclaimed.

"I know you did. Now let's get back out of here before we have to deal with any other animatronics," you said.

"Wait... you know about Freddy as well?"

"Excuse me?"

Cassie's eyes were wide as she pointed back in the direction you came.

"When I was in Fazerblast, there was this headless Freddy that attacked me! I don't know what happened to him. I just ran away and climbed into a vent before coming here. He had the word prototype on his foot? And his chest cavity looked like a mouth!" she explained.

"Alright, we're leaving," Eclipse said.

"Yeah, that wasn't Freddy. We're getting the heck out of here," you said.

The walk to get back to the entrance felt more like a silent race against a horror movie villain. You and Eclipse kept a quick pace, Cassie on Eclipse's shoulders while you carried Bonnie. Soon, you were back in the main atrium, frantically looking around. Knowing that headless Freddy could be nearby, you didn't want to take any chances. Just as you were about to pass the Fazerblast area, you could hear the sound of stomping. You and Eclipse froze, looking over to where the sound was coming from.

Up on the balcony, you could see a huge lumbering shape. You took a few steps back, pulling Eclipse along with you.

"Is that him?" you whispered.

"Y-yeah," Cassie said.

"Oh dear, this isn't good at all," Eclipse whispered.

Then, the headless animatronic stopped, its body turned to face the edge of the balcony in almost your exact direction.

"Can it... see us?"

<><><><><>

Y'all fuckin' lucked out, I was supposed to cap this epilogue at 10 chapters but no, my brain wants to do more plot so it's going from 10 to 15 chapters. Merry early Christmas.