Chapter 43

After bringing Ms. Williams back to the blanket fort, you spent a few hours talking with everyone. It didn't take long before Freddy, Chica, and Roxy had all put themselves into sleep mode and for Ms. Williams to fall asleep. Now, it was just you, Moon, and Monty. Moon had pulled you into his lap while he and Monty talked. You just stared out into the daycare, not really paying attention to what the two were saying. You glanced over at Oliver, seeing him cuddled up to Chica. The sight was adorable, in your mind.

"Hey, kid, can you be completely honest with me?" Monty asked, causing you to look up at him.

"Yeah," you slowly said.

"Is Bonnie really fine?"

You felt your chest begin to ache as you slowly shook your head, your gaze lowering back to the floor. You could hear Monty sigh and felt Moon's grip on you tighten.

"Thought so," Monty mumbled.

"I'm really sorry," you said.

"It's not your fault, you can't do anything," he said.

"Were you even supposed to tell us, Starlight?" Moon asked.

"I don't know... Peter and two other maintenance workers were the only ones who got the email, I just know because I was in when they were supposed to be disassembling him," you explained.

"We won't say anything until Ms. Williams does, alright Starlight?" Moon said.

You nodded, pressing yourself closer to him.

"Starlight? Is that some sort of pet name for them?" Monty asked, letting out a small chuckle.

"Wouldn't you like to know, gator boy," Moon said, an annoyed smile on his face.

"I would like to know, clown. You kissin' the maintenance worker or something?" Monty teased. Your cheeks flushed a deep shade of red as Moon let out a low growl, causing Monty to cover his mouth to avoid laughing."That was supposed to be a joke- are you for real?"

"So what if we are. What are you gonna do about it?" Moon asked.

"Nothin'. Just make sure to be appropriate around the kids."

"Why you little-"

"I don't think any of you guys are programmed to be able to do something inappropriate," you said, cutting Moon off before he could go off on Monty.

"You're not wrong. I've heard some pretty unique alternate swears from Freddy," Monty said.

"Sun gets mad at me for even using alternate swears. He's so worried one of the kids will understand what I actually want to say," Moon said, letting out a small chuckle.

As Monty and Moon talked, you just nestled further into Moon's arms. You were a little freaked out that Monty had figured out that the two of you had kissed, even though he was originally just joking. At least he seemed like he'd be chill enough to not tell anyone. That was probably your only saving grace about this situation.

"We should probably power down for the night. Who knows what the boss is gonna want us doing tomorrow," Monty said.

"Yeah, let's go to sleep, Starlight," Moon said, gently ruffling your hair.

You nodded as he laid down, pulling you down with him. You could see Monty laying down as well. Slowly, you drifted off to sleep in Moon's arms. A few hours later, you woke up to the feeling of someone shaking your shoulder. Slowly opening your eyes and looking up, you saw Ms. Williams standing above you with a soft smile on her face.

"Do you mind helping me out here for today?" she whispered.

You nodded, slowly pushing yourself up. You felt something fall off of you and you looked down. Moon was still next to you, one arm under you and the other resting against you. He was fast asleep, looking extremely peaceful. The sight made you smile.

You pushed yourself up the rest of the way and climbed out of the blanket fort with Ms. Williams. Following her out of the daycare, she led you to an office in one of the staff only areas.

"I do apologize for not properly introducing myself when you first joined our team. It's an unfortunate truth, but my job requires that I do a lot of running around the Pizzaplex and office work. Trying to train someone is near impossible," she said.

"It's alright. You're one of the managers, you have a lot of responsibilities," you said.

Ms. Williams smiled and nodded. She wandered around the office, starting up a computer before beginning to dig around some file cabinets.

"As head of maintenance, it's my job to make sure all the animatronics are in top shape. Normally, the attendant doesn't need much by way of checkups or repairs and since Peter is basically the daycare manager, I just let him make most of the decisions about the attendant. It gives me one less animatronic to worry about," she explained. She pulled out some papers from the file cabinet before closing it and moving onto another one. "But, today is going to be one of those days where I have to step in. Animatronics posing an immediate threat to a patron's safety is something I have to drop everything for."

"So, what do you need me to help with?" you asked.

"I'd like to start teaching you the more complex parts of maintenance work. With Amanda gone and you and Peter being our only daycare workers who know how to do maintenance on the attendant, it's better for me to teach you more about the animatronics then have you left floundering when Peter isn't around to help with something more complex," she said.

You nodded, watching her frown slightly as she continued to dig through the cabinet.

"Now where the hell is that-"

Ms. Williams was cut off by the phone in the office ringing. She sighed, moving away from the cabinet and over to the phone.

"Can you see if you can find a box labeled 'Attendant dash Moon'? I need to take this," she said.

"Of course," you said, moving over to the cabinet and beginning to look through it.

"Hello, thank you for calling Fazbear Entertainment. You are speaking to the head of maintenance at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaplex, Veronica Williams. How may I help you? ... oh. Oh my. I-... thank you. Yes, I can let you into the building... yes. Yes. I'll be sure to let the rest of our workers know. Thank you."

Ms. Williams hung up the phone, her face blank.

"What was that about?" you asked.

"The DNA results came back on the body. It... it was your caretaker, Bill."