Road Trip (2/2) ☆ ☆

A few weeks went by and things were slowly starting to get better. Ms. Williams had given you directions to a house out the road that used to be her family's summer home, and that's where you had mostly been staying. Being away from the Pizzaplex did you wonders. You had stopped hearing voices after a few days and, with a bit of help from Ms. Williams when she had a day off, managed to actually figure out how to get the virus out of your system. It apparently took a really long time, but she documented the whole thing and she had you test it out on some S.T.A.F.F. Bots that she had discovered to be infected. Eventually, you were able to figure out how to do it without damaging the bots, their memories, or their programming and you were able to move onto the other robots.

Freddy was taking the scene change very well. He seemed genuinely excited to be seeing outside the Pizzaplex. You had been able to upgrade his battery to where he only needed to charge at night and he was beyond ecstatic to have this new upgrade. You would often catch him running around outside with Gregory and Oliver, who were also taking the scene change fairly well.

Sun, however, wasn't as happy. Before you left the Pizzaplex, Ms. Williams wound up removing Moon's chip from the Attendant, leaving just Sun in the body. It had an almost immediate effect on the animatronic. Sun became so much quieter, only ever speaking when spoken to. There were a few times you'd find him talking to himself, going quiet for a moment, then bursting into sobs. You were quick to realize he was having a hard time adjusting to Moon not being there. Though, you couldn't imagine what he must have been going through. The person he had known since he first became conscious had suddenly just disappeared. Sure, he knew where Moon was, but that didn't make the whole situation any better. Whenever you had time or needed a break, you would take him outside and show him around the property. You had also taken the time to replace his face plate with one that actually allowed him to change his expression, which, to some extent, made him feel better.

Currently, you were finishing up the final touches on Moon. You had been working on getting him set up with his own body, but had kept the project a secret from Sun. You wanted to surprise him. You had Chica sitting off to the side as well as a blanket you could throw over Moon whenever Sun came in so you could lie and tell him you were working on Chica, and that the blanket was covering the animatronic parts since they "weirded me out any time I look at them for too long" as you put it. You felt bad for lying, but knew it would be worth it to surprise Sun.

"Aright, let's get you booted up," you said, finishing adjusting the faceplate on Moon before stepping over to your computer.

You typed a few things into the computer before turning and watching Moon. A few moments went by with nothing happening before you heard the sound of fans whirring to life and a small beeping noise before his body started to move and he opened his eyes.

"Where... am I?" he slowly asked, raising a hand to shield his eyes from the overhead light as he looked around.

"Glad to see you're up," you said, smiling. You stood up, helping Moon off the table and disconnecting him from the computer.

"(y/n)? What happened?" he asked.

"Long story. I'll explain it later. For now, I think we should let Sun know you're up," you said.

"We're... separated?"

"Yeah. Ms. Williams said it was safer like this."

"Oh..."

You led Moon out of the garage you had set up your workstation in, the animatronic covering his eyes at the bright light of the sun filtering through the window.

"Why couldn't we stay in the same body?" he grumbled.

"Hey, I don't call the shots here," you said.

Walking outside, you looked around. You saw Sun sitting on the porch, staring off into the distance with his chin resting on his hands. You nudged Moon forward, watching him hesitantly take a few steps forward before placing a hand on Sun's shoulder.

"Hey," he mumbled, causing Sun's head to shoot up to look at him.

For a moment, everything was still. Sun just stared up at Moon with wide eyes while Moon smiled down at him. Then, in the blink of an eye, he shot up and practically tackled Moon into a hug.

"You're alive! You're actually alive!" he exclaimed.

You could hear the sound of metal creaking and had to rush forward to try and pull Sun off Moon, or at least get him to loosen his grip lest he break the newly fixed Moon.

"Sun, don't you dare break your-"

Before you could even finish your sentence, Sun pulled you into the hug as well. You could feel something wet hitting your shoulder and you immediately softened. You could feel Moon hug the two of you back and begin to gently rock you two from side to side, though you knew it was more meant for Sun.

"I'm right here, Sun. I'm right here," he mumbled.

"I thought you were working on Chica first," Sun said, looking down at you.

"Yeah, well, I lied. Kinda. I didn't want to tell you in case you got your hopes up and something went wrong. I did do a bit of work on her and she's, like, halfway close to being fully fixed up," you said, shrugging.

"Thank you, Sunshine. Thank you so much," Sun murmured, nuzzling the top of your head.

"I should be thanking you as well, shouldn't I?" Moon asked.

"No, it's really fine. You guys are my friends. Of course I'd want to make sure you're okay," you said.

"Just friends, Starlight?"

You smiled, letting out a small chuckle as you hugged the two.

"You know what I meant, dummy."

"But I want to hear you say it."

"Fine. You guys are my boyfriends. How does that sound?"

"Better."

You felt Moon nuzzle your neck as he hummed, feeling him smiling against you.

"So, what now?" Sun asked.

"Well, I need to start fixing everyone else up and then we wait for the all clear to go back to the Pizzaplex," you said.

"And what if we never get the all clear?"

"Then we stay here. Or, I get permission from Ms. Williams to open up a new location and we try to start over."

"I'd be fine with starting over. It sounds fun," Moon said.

"Oh! Yes! We could remake the daycare and change up our designs! You could even make us more friends, (y/n)!" Sun exclaimed.

"Alright. I'll message Ms. Williams about trying to make a new location," you said, smiling.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Sun exclaimed, picking you up and spinning you around.

You laughed, gripping onto him in an attempt to keep yourself from flying out of his arms if his grip loosed too much. Though, you highly doubted that would happen. Sun suddenly stopped spinning you. You were slightly dazed, but snapped out of it the second you felt him cup one of your cheeks and gently kiss you. You could feel your face starting to heat up as you melted into the kiss, your hands moving to grip the foam rays on Sun's head. After a few seconds, he pulled away, his eyes sparkling as a massive grin stretched across his face. Before you could say anything, Moon pulled you out of Sun's arms and into his own before kissing you as well. You could feel one of his hands gently tracing up and down your back, causing you to shudder. The kiss lasted about as long as the one with Sun did, though you were pretty sure Moon tried to make it last a little longer. He pulled away, gently setting you down while still keeping a hand on your back. You pulled the two into a hug as a way to hide your red face.

"I hate you two so much."

"Love you too, Sunshine."

"Love you too, Starlight."