Chapter 60

"Are you going to be okay?" Ms. Williams asked.

"I'll... I'll be fine," you mumbled.

"Are you sure? I can send you home if you're not-"

"I'm fine, okay?"

After Dave took you and Jacob were taken to the managers that were actually in that day and talked about what was going to happen to the two of you moving forward, Ms. Williams asked if you'd be okay with helping to fix the attendant's face plate. You agreed, wanting to see the attendant one last time before the daycare was shut down.

It didn't take much discussion for the managers to decide that the daycare was going to be shut down. While they weren't sure if it would be permanent, they knew that it wasn't safe to keep it open. Jacob was moved back to working at El Chips, but based on how angry he looked you wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see him at the Pizzaplex again. You were being reassigned to Monty, though you were to be working with someone at all times. While Ms. Williams believed that you would never tamper with the animatronics, it was believed that someone did mess with at least Moon's coding and since you and Peter were the two who hung around him the most, you were both prime suspects. The two of you weren't going to be allowed near the daycare for a while. That's why you wanted to help fix up Sun, this would be the last time you'd probably ever see him for a while.

You walked towards the daycare with Ms. Williams, two other maintenance workers, and a few security guards. You were hoping that Sun would come with you willingly. If he didn't, well... you didn't want to think about it.

"Alright, all of you are to enter with caution. We don't know if Sun's coding has been tampered with. However, none of you are to draw your weapons on him unless he becomes violent," she said.

The group nodded. After a few seconds of what looked like mental prep, Ms. Williams pushed open the daycare doors.

"Sun! Are you there?" she called, walking into the daycare, you and the rest of the group following close behind.

It was dead quiet in the daycare. You couldn't even see any movement.

"Sun! Moon! Are either of you there!" Ms. Williams called. Still nothing. "Arlight, all of you split up and start looking for the attendant. And remember, do not draw your weapons."

You started wandering through the daycare, calling out Sun's name in the hopes that he would come out. You could hear the other workers calling out as well, some of them sounding genuinely concerned that the normally happy and social animatronic wasn't responding to anything. Trying to think of where he could possibly be, you decided to try and search the play structures for him. Crawling into the nearest structure, you began climbing up to the highest point you could. Eventually, you found Sun curled up in the corner.

"Hey," you whispered, crawling over to him.

"Go away," he whispered back.

"Why?" you asked.

"I hurt you... I'm a monster," he said.

"No you're not. You didn't mean to hurt me," you said.

"Moon did... he... he wanted to hurt you... he wanted to-" Sun cut himself off, his hands covering his face.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. We're gonna fix all of this, okay? We're gonna help you and Moon and then we can open the daycare again," you said.

Sun looked up at you and you could finally get a closer look at his face. The dent had caused part of his face to warp and not fully transform. He only had one good eye, the eye that was on the raised crescent moon part of his face. You could see fear in that one good eye, somehow.

You moved closer, holding your hand out for him to take. "I promise you, everything is going to get better."

Sun carefully took your hand, staring at it for a few seconds before pulling you into a hug. You re-adjusted yourself to where you were able to sit a bit more comfortably, letting Sun practically squeeze the life out of you. He was visibly shaking, letting out small whimpers that almost sounded like a voice box glitch at first.

Carefully freeing yourself from Sun's arms, you lead him out of the play structure and out onto the main daycare floor.

"I found him," you said, seeing many of the other workers rush over. Some of them looked relieved that he was still in the daycare while others looked terrified.

"Alright, Sun, let's get you down to the maintenance hall," Ms. Williams said.

"You're not going to deactivate me, are you?" he asked.

"That's... not my decision, unfortunately," she said.

You felt Sun go rigid, his grip on your hand tightening significantly. He took a few steps back, trying to pull you back with him.

"No... no, no, no, please don't deactivate me," he whispered.

"Sun, we don't know what's going to happen yet. We won't deactivate you right now but-"

"No! No please, it wasn't my fault!" he yelled.

"I know that but-"

"No! Please! I never wanted to hurt them! It was Moon!"

You watched as Ms. Williams and the other workers all started moving closer, Sun moving away while trying to pull you with him. His grip on your hand continued to tighten, making it feel like he was going to crush your hand. The pain barely registered, however. You were more focused on the fact that Sun was trying to push all the blame onto Moon, his own brother.

You were able to yank your hand free from the animatronic, stumbling back and darting behind a few of the other workers. Sun's desperate cries came to a sudden halt as he stared at you.

"Sunshine...?"

"Sun, please, we need to take you down to the maintenance hall so we can replace your faceplate. If we leave it, you could become permanently damaged," Ms. Williams said.

You could see some of the security guards pulling out tasers and a wave of panic washed over you. If Sun saw those, you knew he'd get violent. You don't know how you knew, but what you did know was this had to be resolved as fast as possible.

His power switch is on the back of his head. If I could just get close enough, I could shut him down before he even knew what happened.

It wasn't a pleasant thought knowing you would be powering him down without his permission, but it had to be done. You couldn't think of any other way to get him to calm down and head to the maintenance hall.

"Don't shut me down! Please!" Sun screamed, snapping you out of your thoughts. He had backed himself into a corner, his body violently shaking as he clutched onto the edges of his faceplate.

Without thinking, you ran up and hugged him, your hands resting on the back of his neck. Sun immediately froze, his hands slowly falling from his face to hug you back.

"Sunshine?"

"I'm sorry," you whispered.

With one fluid movement, your hand trailed up to the power switch on the back of his head and flicked it off. You could feel Sun collapse on top of you, catching you off guard and almost causing you to almost drop him. A few of the guards ran over, helping to move him off of you and carry him down to the maintenance hall. You watched them leave biting the inside of your cheek. Ms. Williams walked over to you, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Thank you, (y/n). You can head home if you want, now."

"I'll stay for a little longer."