Chapter 38

Leading the attendant down to parts and services, you kept an eye out for Eclipse. He was nowhere to be seen. A small part of you wondered if he had gone back to the endo storage. You hoped he did. He'd blend in best there. You couldn't have people finding out about him.

Both Moon and Oliver were still shaken from what had happened. Moon looked like he had just killed someone, though that's probably what almost happened in his mind. Oliver said he had forgiven him, but you knew he was more than likely trying to be nice and make Moon feel better. A small part of you wondered if Sun was somehow able to watch; if he had been affected by what happened.

"Alright, Moon. Let's have you just sit down here and we'll start by running some virus scans," Peter said, patting the workbench that all of the animatronics went on for checkups.

Moon nodded, taking a seat on the table in the repair chamber before swinging his legs up onto it and laying down. You picked up Oliver, having him sit down on the computer chair while moving it slightly out of the way.

"Alright, Moon. We're gonna run the first scan, okay? We're gonna need to put you to sleep for now, but once we're done, we'll turn you back on," Peter explained.

Moon nodded and you walked over, flipping a switch on the back of his head and putting him in sleep mode. You left the chamber, giving Peter the thumbs up. Peter closed the chamber and immediately got to work on scanning both Sun and Moon's chips for any viruses. The scan went on for an ungodly amount of time. You knew it was supposed to be thorough, but it felt like it had been at least an hour by the time it got to the 25% mark. Eventually, though, the scan had finished.

"Aright, summary time," Peter said, going to the computer and reviewing the virus scan. "Well... it says there's nothing wrong... maybe someone tampered with his programming?"

You watched as Peter began clicking through some of the files.

"Hey, (y/n)? When I asked you to transfer their files onto new chips, nothing was damaged, right?" he asked.

"No. The casing on Moon's chip was slightly dinged up, but everything transferred fine," you said.

"Weird... There's something off with his programming, but I can't figure out what," he said. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Fuck... we might have to tell management what happened. I need to get a copy of his old programming to compare this to but I'll need to tell management why."

"So... contact management?" you asked.

"It looks like that's what we're gonna have to do. We just need to hope they don't decide to decommission him over this," Peter said.

You slowly nodded.

"Can you take him back to the daycare? I'm gonna see if one of the managers is in," Peter said.

"Yeah, I can do that," you said.

Peter opened the repair chamber and you unplugged Moon from the cable connecting him to the computer. Hauling him over your shoulder, you motioned for Oliver to follow you and the two of you made your way back to the daycare while Peter went off to the main office in the building. Once back at the daycare, you set Moon down and switched him back on. His eyes blinked open and he looked around.

"Did... did you find anything?" he asked.

"No. Peter's gonna get a manager. He mentioned something about old programming," you said.

Moon nodded. His eyes went dilatated for a split second before he shook his head and they went back to normal.

"Can we turn the lights back on please," he whispered.