Chapter 51

As soon as the attendant had fully transformed, Oliver had cuddled up to him and you, Peter, and Moon had all taken seats on the floor. It didn't take long for Oliver to fall asleep, surprisingly, which just left the three of you to talk.

"Ya know, I didn't want to say anything in front of Ollie, but I could tell you were crying," Peter said.

"Is it that obvious?" you chuckled.

"Yeah. It is. Your cheeks, eyes, and nose were red, your face looks damp, and overall you just look like a complete mess, no offense," he said.

"It's fine. I mean, everything else around me has been a mess so it's not like I'm the only one," you said.

"I know. This is all so freaking stupid. Fazbear Entertainment was doing fine and now it's just gone to shit again. It's like the missing children's incident all over again," he grumbled.

You were expecting the normal "language" comment from Moon, but were a little startled when he didn't say anything. Looking over, you noticed the animatronic staring down at the sleeping Oliver.

"Moon? You not gonna comment on what Peter just said?" you asked.

Moon hummed, snapping his gaze up to the two of you and shaking his head.

"He-... he's asleep so..." he mumbled, sounding almost distracted and disoriented.

"Right. Anyways, this is getting out of hand. Next thing we know, we're gonna have a murderer on our hands," Peter said.

"Do you think it's gonna be someone from within the company?" you asked.

"It's definitely gonna be Dave, no doubt about it," he said, a small smile forming on his face.

You laughed, shaking your head.

"You really don't like him, do you?"

"No one likes Dave, it's just fact."

"I like him. He was nice to me when I got hurt.

"That's cause you were hurt! He only cared cause you got injured!"

"Well what if he's actually nice?"

"Bullshit."

Again, you got no response from Moon. He was staring at Oliver again.

"Hey, Moon? Why don't you let me take Oliver," you said.

"Why?" Moon asked, looking up.

"I just... want to hold my brother," you lied.

Moon nodded and let you take Oliver from him, albeit hesitantly. You didn't know why, but seeing Moon just staring down at Oliver made you feel uncomfortable. Maybe if he had been actually responding to what was going on around him, you wouldn't have found it strange, but that wasn't the case.

"Anyways, if we do get a killer on our hands and they're actually from within the company, who do you think it'd be?" Peter asked.

"If I'm being completely honest, I'd say Vanessa. She's been nice but... I just get some really weird vibes off of her," you said.

"Yeah, she's definitely something. She's also the newest person here," he said.

"If we're going by how long someone's been in the company, wouldn't that make me the next suspect?" you asked.

Peter paused for a minute before bursting out laughing.

"Shit, man, you're right. Sorry, (y/n), we're gonna have to put you behind bars," he joked.

"Language," Moon mumbled.

You frowned. Moon really was out of it, wasn't he? It made you feel awful.

"Hey, Moon, come here," you said, holding out your free arm. Moon was hesitant, but moved closer to you. You grabbed him and pulled him into a side hug. "What's on your mind?"

"What if one of us is the killer?" he mumbled.

"Like one of the animatronics?" Peter asked.

Moon just nodded.

"Then... then we fix you right up! It'd be a coding thing, so as long as we got rid of the bad code, everything would be fine! I think," Peter said.

"I don't think you guys could be murderers. You could absolutley be the murder weapon, but not the murderer themself," you said.

"Was that supposed to make me feel better?" Moon asked, a small smile just barely making its way onto his face.

"Yes, now smile damn it," you said.

Moon laughed and shook his head. "You're a bad influence on them, Peter. Before long, (y/n) will be swearing more than you."

"Why are you blaming me? It's their own choice to swear!" Peter exclaimed.

"Because I can," Moon smirked.

Peter groaned, falling back onto the floor with his arms splayed out.

"You're such an ass."

"Language."