Chapter 34

"Ok, let me get this straight. You need me to help you get an endo skeleton for an experiment?" Vanessa asked.

"Yes. I need to know what exactly Eclipse was coded to do. I'm worried that whatever he was made for, it wasn't anything good," you said.

"You know Bill made it, right? Don't you trust him?" she asked.

"I- I do, but I also don't know if anyone else got their hands on that chip or tampered with it before it was sent to us. I don't believe Bill would make something that would harm someone. I just want to make sure that one of his creations doesn't get used for something bad," you said.

Vanessa let out a small sigh. "Alright, I'll help. I'm kinda curious about all this as well. But you have to figure out where to keep it," she said.

"Alright, deal," you said.

"I'll see if I can hide away one of the endos for the daycare attendant. You just come in tomorrow and We'll start working on it," she said.

"Thank you so much," you said.

"Hey, it's fine. Besides, if this is a virus, then we'll know to check the other animatronics," she said.

"Yeah... yeah, you're right! Figuring this out could help the other animatronics!" you said.

"Well, get some sleep. You're the mechanic, you need to be awake to actually do this," she said.

"Alright, I'll meet you at the Pizzaplex tomorrow at six AM," you said.

The two of you said your goodbyes and hung up. You were so, so happy to know that Vanessa was willing to help you. You barely knew her and she was already being so kind to you. You felt like you could trust her with anything.

As soon as you sat back down on the couch, you passed out. You woke up at around five-forty-five AM, quickly getting dressed and bundling up Oliver in a blanket before driving over to the Pizzaplex. Upon arriving, you went straight to the daycare so you could drop Oliver off.

"Sun! I'm here!" you called, pushing the door open with your hip while still holding Oliver.

"(y/n)!"

You watched as Sun practically launched himself into the ball pit, clambering out and rushing over to you. He picked you up and pulled you into a tight hug, spinning you around. You laughed, hugging him back while trying not to let Oliver get crushed between the two of you. Sun carefully set you down, giving you a small kiss on the cheek. You leaned up and kissed his back, your cheeks a deep red. It looked like this was going to become normal.

"You actually came! You don't know how happy I am you're here!" he exclaimed.

"I'm glad, but I need to do something really quick. It won't take me that long, I swear. I just need to talk with one of the night guards for a bit," you said.

"Of course! Whatever you need, Sunshine!" he said.

You nodded, carefully handing Oliver to him. "Can you watch him for a bit?"

Sun nodded, taking Olver and sitting on the floor with him in his lap. You bent down and fixed the blanket around the sleeping child, giving him a kiss on the top of the head before straightening up and leaving the daycare.

Walking down to the maintenance hall, you looked around. Vanessa was pulling out on of the endos for the daycare attendant. She hauled it onto one of the tables, letting out a huff.

"Is it really that heavy?" you asked.

"Kinda. It's lighter than the endos for the main animatronics," she said, turning around and leaning against the table. "You have the chip?"

"Yeah, right here," you said, taking the security chip from your pocket and showing it to her.

"Perfect. Let's see what kind of bot I missed," Vanessa said.

You nodded, walking over to the table. You inserted the chip into the back of the head, sitting the animatronic upright before turning it on. A few seconds went by without any signs of activation.

"Is it... working?" she asked, poking its head.

"I don't know... maybe it's just inactive until something triggers the security protocol?" you thought aloud.

The idea that it really did need an aggressive parent or worker activate annoyed you. You wanted to know how this bot was supposed to work outside of its normal security programming. Looks like it just didn't work at all.

"So... do I need to hit you or something?" Vanessa joked.

"Fuck no! He might attack you or something," you said.

"Then what are we supposed to do?" she asked.

"Let me see if there's something I can do to the programming," you said.

"Do you know how to program?" she asked.

"No, but I did spend hours looking at its code last night and looked up a lot of what it meant so I have an idea of what I might need to do," you said.

"You're gonna break it," she mumbled.

"Am not!" you yelled.

"Let me do it. I know how to program," Vanessa said.

"Really?" you asked.

"Yeah, it was something I picked up on from my old job," she said.

You nodded, helping Vanessa hook Eclipse up to a computer before stepping aside. She typed and clicked away on the computer for a few minutes before smiling.

"I think I got it," she said.

"Really?" you asked.

"Yeah, I just needed to alter how it activated," she said.

"So, we can figure out how it works now, right?" you asked.

"Yup," she said.

You heard a small beep come from the animatronic beside you. Eclipse was powering on.