Epilogue Pt. 2

Oliver carefully inched down the slide, his hands and feet pressing into the plastic walls so he didn't slip. The slide was the only way in, and he wasn't about to go launching himself into god knows whatever was down there. Gregory was staying at the slide entrance, Oliver mumbling out a small "coward" before beginning his descent. He knew why Gregory didn't like the attendant, but still tended to pester him about it. He would make fun of Oliver's fears, so he felt it was only fair he did the same.

He could still hear the humming coming from within the daycare. It would slowly move from side to side, as if whatever animatronic was in the daycare was moving around. Oliver eventually made it to the end of the slide, seeing a drop down to the floor. He knew if he fell down, he'd be stuck in the daycare until he found another way out.

"Alright! I'm at the end of the slide! There's a bit of a drop," he whisper-shouted back up the slide.

"How far is the drop?" he heard Gregory whisper back.

"Uh... a little taller than me? By like... a foot."

"Alright, move out of the way. I'm coming down."

Oliver dangled his feet over the edge of the slide, hopping down and moving out of the way right as Gregory slid down. He hit the ground with a loud thud, the humming coming to a halt. The boys remained motionless, Oliver holding his breath. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Gregory motioning for him to follow him. Being as quiet as possible, he followed the older boy to hide behind a pile of rubble. The two stayed quiet for what felt like forever. Oliver had a hard time sitting still, feeling tears pricking the corners of his eyes as his breathing picked up.

"... maybe it was just my imagination."

"Alright, you go distract him. I'll go see if I can find (y/n) somewhere around here," Gregory whispered.

"What if he attacks?" Oliver asked.

"Then I'll run back and hit him with a flashlight." Gregory shrugged.

Frowning, Oliver just nodded before turning and slipping out into the main part of the daycare. He wandered around, not seeing the attendant anywhere. The humming had resumed and was echoing off in the distance. Taking a deep breath, Oliver cupped his hands over his mouth.

"Mr. Sun! Mr. Moon! Are you there?" he called.

The humming stopped and the nine-year-old was left in an unbearably loud silence. His hands clasped together in front of his chest. The daycare had gone completely still, not a single thing was moving or making a sound.

"Little boy!"

Oliver screamed, spinning around and throwing his flashlight at the source of the sudden noise.

"Ack- no, no, no! It's alright! I'm your friend!"

With heavy breathing, Oliver stared up at the animatronic in front of him. It was very obviously the attendant, but it was stuck between its Sun and Moon forms. Its faceplate was cracked with chunks missing, revealing the little metal keys that acted as some kind of teeth. Its pants were ripped and showed the metal boning that made its appearance much more puffy, the different patterns swirling and mixing together. A large chunk of its torso was taken out and its arms were cracked. Some of its rays were shredded, with Moon's now dusty hat acting as the busted up cherry on top.

"M-Mr. Sun? Moon?"

"Sun and Moon aren't here right now, little boy. My name is Eclipse," the attendant said, crouching down to Oliver's height and holding out its hand. "What's your name?"

Oliver tilted his head, his eyes squinting. That wasn't Eclipse. He knew Eclipse. He had played with him for hours once. He should have known his name.

"You're not Eclipse," Oliver whispered.