Epilogue Pt. 6

Another bang sounded through the room and, in the blink of an eye, Roxanne Wolf was not only in the room, but tearing into the endoskeleton. A hand latched on to Oliver’s leg, pulling him out from the hole he had been hiding in and through the much larger hole in the other wall.

"Come on! We need to get out of here!" Cassie hissed.

"C-Cass..?"

Oliver glanced down at her leg, seeing a very visible limp. Shaking her hands off of himself, he wrapped his own arm under her shoulders.

"What is that thing?" he asked.

"I don't know! It tricked me into coming here and tried to kill me!" Cassie said.

"Well, how do we get out?"

Oliver hopped over a small ledge into what seemed to be a massive cave system, helping Cassie down.

"I don't know. I haven't been able to get out since Gregory trapped me here," Cassie grumbled.

"Wait, what did Gregory do?" Oliver asked.

"He caused that stupid elevator to fall when I was trying to escape! He- he said he couldn't let that thing get out of here!"

Oliver could see Cassie starting to cry. He frowned, gripping her hand.

"Gregory didn't do that! He was with me when he was trying to contact you, and we were at Mr. Peter's house. There's no way he could've caused an elevator to fall," he said.

"Then… then it was that stupid- thing! I hate it!" she yelled.

Another loud, distorted scream echoed through the cave, causing the two kids to jump. Oliver spun around, not seeing anything behind them. He didn’t feel like waiting to see how long it would take for that to change, though. He planned on getting out of here with all of his friends alive and well. The two stopped in front of an elevator shaft. Oliver could feel Cassie shuddering against him. Then, he realized something that was very important:

It was silent.

Oliver didn’t think they could’ve been far enough away. He knew how loud many of the animatronics could get.

“Mr. Sun..?” he slowly called.

“Roxy! Are you there!” Cassie called.

Silence.

The two kids shared a look, Oliver taking a deep breath and taking a few steps forward. He glanced back at Cassie, seeing her leaning against a wall for support. She gave him a small nod. Cupping his hands over his mouth, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath in.

“Mr! Sun! Help!” he screamed.

“Oliver! Hold on!”

Not even a moment later, he could see Sun darting around the corner dragging Roxy behind him.

“I’m here! What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” the animatronic exclaimed, grabbing onto Oliver and checking him over.

He noticed Cassie making her way over to Roxy, seeing her tightly hug the wolf animatronic. He looked back up at Sun. He looked like he was going to blow a fuse from stress.

“I thought you said you couldn’t go through the water,” he said, crossing his arms.

“I- Oliver! Just be glad I found a way to get to you in time! I saw a hole I could climb through that was much too high up for you to safely climb up to, and then I heard you screaming! And what did I tell you about coming straight back if there was anything dangerous? You better have a good excuse for that, mister!”

“You’re worse than (y/n),” Oliver mumbled.

“What happened to that- that thing?” Cassie asked.

“We… dealt with it,” Roxy said.

Oliver was a little surprised to see her not acting aggressive like the last time he saw her. She was the second animatronic now that was acting nice.

“Can we get out of here? I don’t like this place,” Cassie said.

“Please! I do not want to see another child in such a dangerous area!” Sun exclaimed.

As they walked back towards the room Oliver had just found himself cornered in, he noticed that the endoskeleton that had attacked him was nowhere to be seen. He assumed the thing would’ve been deactivated with how aggressive both Sun and Roxy had been towards it.

“Mr. Sun? What happened to that weird endo?” he asked.

“Don’t worry, little one. Roxy and I took care of it,” Sun said, gently ruffling Oliver’s hair.

Before long, the four were back on the surface. Oliver was trying his best to fill Cassie back in on why he was even in the Pizzaplex in the first place. He had told Cassie about (y/n) in the past, however it was something he normally refrained from talking about. He had some feeling that Gregory would talk about it with Cassie behind his back, but this was Gregory. He wasn’t surprised with him anymore. He just started learning when to keep his mouth shut around him.

“So, you actually found them..? In the daycare?” Cassie asked.

“Well, Gregory found them. I was just supposed to distract Mr. Moon, since he usually likes me,” Oliver explained.

“How can that thing like you? It tried to kill me!”

“Please do not call Moon an ‘it’,” Sun said.

“Right, sorry,” Cassie mumbled.

“Moon was really nice before he got sick! He would sing with (y/n) sometimes. I liked it when they sang together,” Oliver said.

There was a small scream followed by a thud. Looking over, Oliver saw Gregory pushing himself off of the floor with a very broken down Chica standing above him with her head tilted. He was soon back on his feet, pulling the very confused looking animatronic with him.

“Cassie! You’re alive!” he exclaimed, running over.

“Gregory!”

The two ran up to each other, Cassie grabbing onto Gregory and practically lifting him into the air as she hugged him. Oliver watched as the two talked, frowning. He was glad Chica was there and not trying to kill them, but that left him wondering where Monty was. Even after the Gator Golf accident, he was still very lively and especially aggressive. He would’ve expected to be seeing his favorite stage performer by now.

Oliver watched as Chica walked up to him, giving her a small wave.

“Hello, little one!” she said, causing Oliver to jump.

“I found her powered down with her voice box back in place. I felt kinda bad, so I tried to reboot her, and…” Gregory trailed off, gesturing to Chica.

“Well, why don’t we all go back to the daycare, patch (y/n) right on up, and leave,” Sun said, his voice swinging between overly sweet and annoyed.

“What about Monty?” Oliver asked.

“Um… I don’t think we can help him. He’s somewhere in the sewer system and… well, he stopped moving when some water got electrocuted,” Cassie slowly explained.

Oliver’s frown deepened, giving a small nod in response. He followed the slowly expanding group back to the daycare, just listening to all of them talk. Gregory and Cassie were both catching up, Cassie trying to fill him in on everything she had seen in the Pizzaplex while searching for him. Chica and Roxy were both making small talk, Roxy trying to list every reason Gregory needed to be punished for taking her eyes while Chica seemed to just be glad they were all feeling like themselves again. Then, there was Sun. Somehow, Eclipse hadn’t deemed his presence necessary anymore, or the daytime form of the attendant was just willing Eclipse down. He just sat by (y/n)’s motionless body, looking over all the different notes and tools Oliver had grabbed and starting the process of fixing them.

Oliver quietly walked over, sitting on the floor and resting his head on Sun’s leg. He could feel the animatronic pull him into his lap and drape an arm over him.

“Can’t we help Monty?” Oliver whispered.

“We’ll see. For now, let’s just focus on (y/n), ok?”