Chapter 15

As the rest of the day went by, you continued to do random things with Eclipse to keep yourself occupies. Moon would take the majority of control so the two of you could sing together, you did arts and crafts mainly with Sun, you would go back and forth reading stories. Eventually, though, you started to get bored. You meant no offense to Sun or Moon, but there was only so much the two of you could do together. Sun's programming made it hard to do a lot of dangerous or that involved cussing. Moon's programming was centered around putting kids to sleep and watching over them. With those two programs combined in Eclipse, it was sort of a recipe for boredom if you were under the age of ten.

Currently, the two were taking turns talking, telling stories about things that had happened in the daycare and the rest of the Pizzaplex. You didn't mean to, but you zoned out for a lot of it. Your mind was slowly wandering to what Oliver, Peter, and Amanda were doing. You wanted to go join them, to meet more of the staff and have a bit of fun. But you felt bad at the idea of leaving Sun and Moon behind. Especially Sun. Moon seemed like he didn't need a whole lot of social interaction, but Sun did.

"Oh! Tell them the best part! The best part is, he started screaming like-... (y/n)?"

You blinked and looked up at Eclipse, seeing a look of concern on his face.

"Y-yeah, I'm listening," you said.

"You look bored. Oh no, are the stories boring you?" he asked.

"No! No! I really like them, honest!" you said, waving your hands around.

"Oh, that's good. For a second, I was- they're bored, Sun. They're lying," he said, Moon having cut Sun off.

"I-I'm sorry, I really am. I like hanging out with you guys but..." you trailed off.

"We're better at entertaining kids, we know. Oh, I'm so sorry, Sunshine. I always forget that you and the other staff aren't like the kids. Like usual. Be quiet," Eclipse said.

"It's okay. It's not your fault," you said.

"You can go hang out with our friends, if you want. I think the big baby will be fine on his own for the rest of the night. Moon! That was very rude!" he said.

You laughed, nodding.

"I promise I'll spend more time with you guys later. Maybe once the daycare closes tomorrow, we can start working on that dance Sun mentioned," you said.

"Oh, I'd love that! Thank you so much! We'll be looking forward to it," he said.

"Perfect. I'll be back tomorrow, then!" you said, standing up.

"We'll see you then," he said, standing up as well.

Eclipse helped you down from the room and walked you to the door, giving you a hug before you left. You smiled and waved as you walked towards the elevators, Eclipse waving back until you got in one and the doors closed. As the elevator started going up, you felt a pressure on your chest. You felt terrible. You left them to just talk with each other, something they had probably already been doing for years. They could technically talk to Monty at Gator Golf, but from what you had learned, at least Moon wasn't on good terms with the green reptile. Pulling out your phone, you sent Amanda and Peter a text asking where they were. They were still apparently at Bonnie Bowling.

Making your way over to the bowling alley, you kept telling yourself that it was okay to leave, that Sun and Moon said it was fine. By the time you arrived, the pressure on your chest was still going strong. You let out a dry chuckle. Two days into this job and your emotional wellbeing was already attached to one of the animatronics. How dumb.

As you looked around the bowling alley, you noticed Oliver was whining while Amanda, Peter, and a few other people you didn't know tried to comfort him. Realization dawned on you that you never told them you weren't taking Oliver home with you. You could go up and explain the mistake, apologizing to Oliver, or...