Chapter 67

Content Warning

This chapter contains the act of pinning in a non-consensual way and verbal manipulation. If this is something you are uncomfortable with, there will be a summary provided at the end of the chapter.

<><><><><>

The next few days were routine. Send Oliver to daycare, work on your new animatronic for part of the day, then spend the rest trying to reprogram Eclipse to have more of a personality outside of mildly curious and very intimidating. It was a daunting task, one that you preferred to do while Oliver wasn't home. You didn't want something going wrong and have Eclipse attack him. Of course, you would normally let Eclipse run during the day. It was nice to have someone around, even if that someone wasn't much for conversation. A small part of you kept saying you only did this because you missed the attendant, that you were only doing this on the off chance that you were going to lose Sun and Moon forever. You didn't want to admit that you were essentially creating a safety net, a backup lover if you will. It killed you on the inside to know that by the time you manage to get your thoughts under control, it might be too late for the attendant.

You will admit, however, that your progress with Eclipse's personality was coming along nicely. Just like his voice, you created a fusion of Sun and Moon's personalities for Eclipse. He leaned more towards being calm and quiet like Moon, but there were occasions when he'd resemble something like being hyper. It still needed work, but you were glad that it was coming along.

"Ugh... seriously," you groaned, letting your head slam against the table as you got another error in your new animatronic's programming.

You felt a pair of arms wrap around you from behind, a shiver going down your spine at the cold metal that pressed against your neck. Glancing behind you, you saw Eclipse hugging you. It was something he had apparently learned, that when you were upset or frustrated, hugging you would make you feel better. He had started doing it long before you even began to get a proper personality going for him. It caused a small part of you to wonder if you could teach him how to do certain things rather than program him to do them.

"Thank you," you mumbled, gently patting the top of his head.

You could feel Eclipse nod against you.

"Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I've done everything Ms. Williams taught me and everything that those videos said to do, but none of it is working. All of the animatronics are so life-like, it's like trying to program a human. But you can't program a human like that, it's just not possible. At least... I don't think it is," you rambled. You could feel Eclipse's grip around you tighten slightly. "I just don't get it. I know she mentioned something about a second way to program these robots, but I wish she would've just told me both ways. It would make this so much easier. But no! I have to learn the more complicated way first."

"What if this is the less complicated way?" Eclipse asked.

"No... it can't be. Whatever other options there are has to be easier then... then this," you said, gesturing to the computer screen. "God... it's like trying to create a human with life experience."

You could hear Eclipse let out a chuckle as he nuzzled his head into the back of your neck. "Isn't that what you are?"

"What? A robot or a human with life experience?" you asked. All you got in response was another chuckle. "Whatever... not like I have much life experience anyways. I'm what... twenty three and only just recently tried alcohol? Kinda pathetic. I think... I don't know at this point."