Chapter 36

Unfortunately, you had to leave Eclipse in the endo storage after you were done helping to fully disassemble Bonnie. You wound up leaving with Peter and Vanessa back to the daycare. As you entered, you saw that Oliver and Sun were running around. Both of them were laughing and it looked like Oliver was trying to chase Sun.

"We're back!" you called.

"(y/n)!" Oliver yelled, running over and hugging your legs.

"Aw, did you miss me?" you asked, bending down and ruffling his hair.

"Mm... nope! You're it!" he exclaimed, poking your arm and darting off while giggling.

"Not even ten seconds of being here and you're it," Peter said, letting out a small chuckle.

"And now it's you," you said, lightly smacking his arm before running off into the jungle gym.

"Hey!" he yelled.

You noticed Vanessa running off into the daycare as well, a small smile on her face. For the next hour, the five of you all ran around playing tag. Sun was, by far, the best at the game, being near impossible to catch and managing to tag someone within a minute of being it.

Currently, though, Sun was it. You had climbed up on top of the jungle gym in an attempt to lessen your chances of being tagged by the energetic attendant. Luckily, he was chasing Vanessa around which had given you enough time to crawl to the top and figure out the best way to escape. While you were looking around, you started to get that feeling of being watched again. You shuddered, looking around. Vanessa had just disappeared into the jungle gym, Sun hot on her trail. Peter and Oliver were both looking around the daycare, but neither of their eyes were on you.

You began looking around past the netting that surrounded the daycare. You looked over at where the hallway leading to Monty golf was, seeing that the only thing over there was a bunch of cones and metal gates blocking it off. You didn't see anyone on the balcony surrounding the daycare. Finally, you looked up at the ceiling. At first, you didn't see anything, but your eyes eventually focused on something in one of the vents. Squinting, you realized it was Eclipse. He was staring down at you from one of the vents in the ceiling. You stared back up at him, creeped out by the fact that he had followed you here using the vents.

"Ok, I'm getting tired. Anyone else wanna change the game?" Peter asked.

"Yeah! Let's play hide and seek!" Oliver exclaimed, running out from the jungle gym.

"Not a bad idea. We can let Moon out for that," Peter said.

You saw Vanessa and Sun crawl out of the jungle gym, Vanessa dusting herself off while Sun looked around.

"Sounds good to me," Vanessa said.

"Sunshine!" Sun exclaimed, running over to the base of the jungle gym you were sitting on top of. "You shouldn't be up there! It's dangerous!"

"It's fine, I won't get hurt," you said, swinging your legs over the edge so you could start to climb down.

"No, no, no, no, no! You stay right there! I'm not letting you fall and get hurt," he instructed.

"Sun, it's fine. I'm an adult, I can handle myself," you said.

"Absolutely not. I am not going to risk you slipping and falling!" he said, beginning to climb up the side of the jungle gym.

You smiled slightly and rolled your eyes, noticing Peter quietly laughing from down on the daycare floor.

"Hey! I see you!" you yelled.

"You ain't gonna do nothing!" he yelled back up at you.

Sun heaved himself up to where his upper body was above the play structure, holding a hand out for you. You took it, allowing yourself to be pulled forward by the attendant. He carefully helped you over the edge and held you against his side, having you rest against his hip. As he carefully climbed back down, you looked back up at the vent. Eclipse was gone. You hoped that it was a good thing, that you weren't going to regret not powering him down before you left.

Once Sun was on the floor, he set you down, looking you over before ushering you closer to the group. You smiled, finding his actions somewhat cute.

"Now, let's turn off the lights and let Moon out," Peter said.

"I-I'm not sure that's a good idea. Moon doesn't seem to be feeling well," Sun said, beginning to get visibly nervous.

"Is he okay?" you asked.

"I don't know. He's just... off," he said.

"Let's bring him out anyways. We never got the chance to see how he was doing yesterday after we got you in that new endo," Peter said.

"I don't know..." Sun mumbled.

"Hey, it'll be fine. If anything happens, we'll deal with it," you said, rubbing his arm.

Sun gave you a small smile and nodded, Peter flipping the lights off a few seconds later. Sun's face contorted to one of slight discomfort as he transformed, his body twitching slightly as the sun rays slid behind his head and his clothing and body changed colors. He pulled the night cap out from his chest compartment and placed it on top of his head.

"Long time no see, Starlight," Moon whispered.

You smiled and nodded.

"How are you feeling, Moon?" Peter asked, walking back over.

"Hm... I feel alright," he said.

"You doing okay after everything that happened?" Peter asked.

Moon nodded. Looking at him, you noticed he didn't seem focused. He seemed distracted, like there was something on his mind.

Oliver ran up and hugged his legs. "You're gonna play hide and seek with us, right?" he asked.

"Of course. I can be the seeker for this first game," Moon offered.

"Sure," Peter said. "Now, rules; no leaving the daycare, no going behind the desk, and no climbing up the slide that goes into the ball pit. You can move around as much as you want. Seeker has to tag the hiders to officially find them. Sound good?"

Everyone nodded. Moon went to the front of the daycare and leaned against the door, closing his eyes and beginning counting. The rest of you scattered off into the dark daycare. You ran for the ball pit, only to realize there was a good chance Moon would hear you climbing through there. So, you turned around and ran into one of the jungle gyms. You made your way to the highest platform you could get to.

"Ready or not, here I come~"

The way Moon spoke sounded oddly sinister. You were pretty sure he was just messing around and being playful, but you couldn't shake the feeling that there was something else to his tone. You slowly moved around the jungle gym, keeping as quiet as possible and freezing any time you heard Moon getting close. Sometimes, you'd hear him letting out small laughs and giggles.

Five minutes past and so far, it was almost dead silent. No one seemed to be caught. You leaned against the jungle gym wall, your eyes darting around and keeping an eye out for Moon. Then, you heard Oliver's voice.

"M-Mr. Moon?"

A few seconds of silence went by followed by a terrified scream.