Chapter 81

You could hear the sound of laughter echoing through your head. Another nasty migraine started and you pressed a hand to your head, letting out a groan and grabbing onto the desk before you fell over. Whatever wanted to take control was really starting to get aggressive. You let yourself fall to the ground, curling up on your side and squeezing your eyes shut.

"Sunshine? Are you- are you okay?" Sun asked, seeming to falter for a second.

"No. No, I- I can't. I can't take this. I can't take this anymore," you said. You grabbed onto the desk, lifting yourself up to where your head was level with the desk. "Get out of my head!"

You slammed your head into the corner of the desk, the world going black.

When you came to, the first thing you saw was the dull, flickering lights of the maintenance room. You didn't feel like yourself again. You sat up, looking around. You saw Vanessa standing outside the test chamber with Freddy laying on the table inside, his head partly disconnected from his body. Vanessa looked over at you, letting out a sigh and walking over to you.

"Are you trying to get yourself decommissioned?" she asked.

How did you know I was a robot?

"That's none of your business," you said.

"Look, you need to start taking care of yourself and stop trying to destroy your body. There's nothing in this building I can use to fix you, so unless you want to wind up in the dumpster I suggest you stop trying to break this body," she growled.

I won't let you use me like this.

"Last time I checked, you weren't the one in control. So maybe you should learn your place," you said, jabbing a finger into her chest.

"If I didn't need to keep you alive, I'd have you ripped apart piece by piece," she hissed. Vanessa then grabbed you and pulled you off the table before shoving towards one of the maintenance doors. "Now do your job and help me find those kids."

"(y/n)! Do not listen to her!" you heard Freddy yell from the chamber.

You walked over to the window, a small smirk on your face. You gave him a small wave before turning and skipping out of the maintenance hall and back over to the lift, hearing him yell at you to come back and help him as you left.

You can't leave him.

"Oh hush, he'll be fine. He just needs a bit of time to think," you said, letting out a small giggle.

He's my friend. I'm not going to let you do this to him.

"Maybe, if you are quiet and corporate, I'll let him live," you said.

Maybe I'll find you and kick your ass.

"Oh, how cute! It thinks it can kill me even though it's already dead," you said, laughing. "Listen here, kid. I'm in control now. If you try anything, I'll make you choose who gets to live; your best friend Monty, your little brother, or the daycare attendant who you love so, so much. Oh! Or maybe we can add in your old coworkers, just for a little extra fun."

Nothing.

"Smart choice."

Does that mean you'll let Oliver live?

"Possibly. He's seen too much, but I think a deal can be made. Gregory is the one I really want dead," you said.

You wandered around the main atrium for a bit, knowing the two kids were more than likely to pass through the area again at some point. You would occasionally see Monty and Roxy around, but you paid neither of them any mind. The most you did was acknowledge their presence with a curt nod. At some point, the lights had briefly gone off and the other animatronics had gone to charge, but you didn't see Moon. He must've been off looking for the kids.

Eventually, you decided to hang out in Gator Golf. The voice in your head kept nagging you with questions and demands. Maybe being in Gator Golf would get it to shut up. You took a seat at one of the benches, spinning around to where you faced the metal railings and slid your feet through them. You folded your arms on the railing and rested your head on them, swinging your legs back and forth.

Why are we here?

"So you can shut up," you said.

Wow, I feel so loved.

"Hm... you're a rather... peculiar case. Unlike many of the other animatronics that have been possessed in the past, you're different. You hold no memories of the past, no anger, regret, nothing."

How is that peculiar?

"Well, it means you aren't like the other animatronics that have been possessed. Unlike them, you hold no grudge against the man who killed you. Why should you? You don't remember what he did. He could've been doing you a favor. He was, in fact. He saved you."

I doubt that.

"You were going to die anyway. He gave you a second chance, and here you are wanting to kill him. Here you are wanting to kill the man who let you be there for your baby brother."

Shut up.

"And the best part? If we want to get rid of you, you'll never be a problem for us again! The other spirits are in so much pain, so much agony. Even if we dispose of their spirit, that agony will remain. That agony will continue to fuel them. But you? You have none. As soon as your spirit is gone, you'll be dead forever."

I thought you said you needed me.

"I do, for now. Well, technically not me. He does. You're just a pawn. Helpful, but disposable in the end."

There was a loud crash coming from the catwalks above you and you looked up. You could see movement coming from above you; two figures running. The sound of dings echoed through the course. Someone was playing one of the minigames up there. You could hear Monty calling out to someone. Then, the catwalks gave a loud creak before part of them broke.

"Monty! No!"

You watched as across the room, one of the grates from the catwalk fell along with the silhouette of Monty. His back slammed into one of the support beams and you watched as he slowly broke apart. You could barely move. Half of you was horrified at what you had just seen, the other half was amused. The clash of emotions made your brain feel like it was about to overload and crash.

As his body hit the small stage he'd sometimes perform on while patrons were playing golf, you finally gained control of your body and shot up, running over to him.

"Monty!" you screamed.

You hopped the rails that were meant to keep people out of the water and hauled yourself up onto the stage, kneeling next to Monty as your hands hovered over him.

"No... no, no, no, no, no. Fuck- what- what happened? What-"

Two sets of footsteps caused you to freeze.

"M-mx. (y/n)-"

"W-we didn't mean t-to-"