Chapter 65

Just like Ms. Williams said, you started working from home. She had given you a few boxes of supplies and some programming videos to start working with. However, now that you had the chance to actually work with Eclipse, you decided now would be a good time to message Vanessa and have her help you get ahold of his chip. With your garage turned into a repair and construction room and Vanessa promising to bring you Eclipse by the end of the week, you started work on trying to figure out just what exactly was going on.

Despite being able to work from home, there were still days where you would send Oliver to the daycare. Whenever you felt like it wouldn't be safe for him to be around you, you'd have him go to the daycare or spend the night with Peter. You were lucky he didn't ask a whole lot of questions and would accept the answer of "I just need a night to myself".

A knock at your door interrupted your work on a design for a new animatronic. While you were waiting for Vanessa to catch Eclipse, you knew you needed to at least start working on the actual project she assigned you. Taking an idea from one of Oliver's many rants about all the different kinds of animatronics he wanted to see, you decided to make an animatronic based on the stars. He had been constantly rambling about how there was an animatronic for the sun, an animatronic for the moon, but nothing for the stars. So, you offered to make him a star-based animatronic.

Getting up, you walked over to the door, looking through the peephole on the door. Standing on the porch was Vanessa, a bored look on her face. You opened the door, letting out a sigh of relief.

"What's up?" you asked.

"You owe me. Big time," she said, glaring at you before walking over to her car.

"The hell did I do?" you asked, following her.

You watched Vanessa open the trunk of her car before stepping back, pointing towards whatever was inside. You walked over and looked into the trunk, letting out a small gasp. Inside was a beat up endoskeleton. It looked like it had gotten into a fight and lost. Sitting next to it was one of the attendant's spare faceplates. The one that Ms. Williams couldn't find.

"What... is that?" you asked.

"Eclipse."

"What the fuck did you do to him?!"

"He attacked me and I panicked! What the fuck did you expect from me?!"

"Why did he attack you?!"

"I don't know! I tried to talk to him and he lunged at me!"

You were struggling to form words at this point. She obviously had to have done something to get Eclipse to attack her, right? There was no reason he would just attack on his own.

"Well- well what were you saying?" you asked.

"I told him that I needed to take him out of the Pizzaplex and when he didn't react to that, I tried to grab his arm and he turned and lunged. I don't even know what I did!" Vanessa said.

"Alright, well... let's just get him into the garage," you said.

The two of you lifted Eclipse out of the car and into your garage, setting him on the empty workbench. Vanessa let out a huff as she set him down, looking annoyed with the bot.

"Well, I'm out. I'm gonna let you handle... whatever this thing is," she said.

"Alright. Guessing you have a shift tonight?" you asked.

"Yup," she said, popping the "p".

"Well, good luck and get some rest," you said.

Vanessa nodded before turning and leaving, getting back in her car and driving off. You sighed, glancing back at Eclipse and beginning to check him over. He was really beat up. You didn't know what Vanessa had on her at the time, but it felt like she shouldn't have been able to do that much damage. You could see whole gashes, as if something had cut through him. You really hoped she didn't damage or destroy his chip.

For the next few hours, you worked on getting one of the spare endoskeletons Ms. Williams gave you set up and ready to put Eclipse's chip into. You put the faceplate onto it, worked on getting some of the casing on, and started charging it up so it could be turned on. Once the new endoskeleton was all set up, you got to work on getting Eclipse's chip out and into the new endo. It was a surprisingly tough process. The parts surrounding the chip had been dented and you were struggling to get it out without damaging the chip. However, after taking your time and making sure you weren't going to damage anything, you finally got the chip out. It was, surprisingly, undamaged.

You let out a sigh of relief of the undamaged chip. If Vanessa had destroyed it, she would've been the one who owed you big time. After finishing up the last few bits of work you needed before you could turn Eclipse on, you stood back and looked over what you had done. Looking at him, you noticed just how weird he looked without an outfit. The attendant's body was actually a lot thinner than you expected, his clothes and accessories made up the bulk of his silhouette. You'd have to go out shopping for fabric and maybe a few clothing patterns. Scratch that, you'd have to go shopping for literally everything you'd need to start sewing.

"Don't worry, Eclipse. I'll get you powered on soon," you mumbled, gently placing a hand on the animatronic. You stared at him for a few seconds before hugging him, letting out a small whimper.

You left the garage, grabbing your wallet and your car keys. You left your house, heading down to the nearest fabric store. It was time to make some outfits for some animatronics.